Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pulaski Co. Christmas Parade Controversy
Anyone know if they are still having the parade saturday or has it been rescheduled due to state title game? I have family members over there who are not football fans but go to that parade every year and havent heard for sure if it is still on. Wasnt sure if Santa Claus was a Maroons fan or not!
Trophy Room Wrote:Anyone know if they are still having the parade saturday or has it been rescheduled due to state title game? I have family members over there who are not football fans but go to that parade every year and havent heard for sure if it is still on. Wasnt sure if Santa Claus was a Maroons fan or not!
I guess Santa is a Somerset fan,cause the same thing happened a few years back when Somerset was at state and they moved it! Their not rescheduling it for PC! Sad thing is Northerns 7th grade State champions aren't going to be in it,PC marching band,plus any other PC fan that's going to the game won't be their!
Jaxkait Wrote:I guess Santa is a Somerset fan,cause the same thing happened a few years back when Somerset was at state and they moved it! Their not rescheduling it for PC! Sad thing is Northerns 7th grade State champions aren't going to be in it,PC marching band,plus any other PC fan that's going to the game won't be their!

Sounds like more candy for those who dont go to the game.
Just shows Jesus loves Bunnies more than Maroons.
Jaxkait Wrote:I guess Santa is a Somerset fan,cause the same thing happened a few years back when Somerset was at state and they moved it! Their not rescheduling it for PC! Sad thing is Northerns 7th grade State champions aren't going to be in it,PC marching band,plus any other PC fan that's going to the game won't be their!

Good I was afraid their marching band would destroy the streets like they did to the football field. Confusednicker:

Christmas > Football in this community.
Looks like the KHSAA would look into moving PC's game to Sunday, playing in a state championship should be a community thing. By the parade being the same night as the game, PC won't have much fan support, I'd say it will cut their crowd more than half. The Somerset Christmas Parade is a big thing. For those who haven't had a chance to attend this parade, I'd advise you to go. After all, what's more important football or CHRISTMAS?:welcome:
Is this seriously a big issue in Pulaski Co. ?
jim rome Wrote:After all, what's more important football or CHRISTMAS?:welcome:

Have they moved Xmas to tomorrow, or is just the parade tomorrow? Personally, if I were a PC fan, I'd be in BG.
No seventh grade band. That's it. I'm staying home.
Willie Turnover Wrote:Good I was afraid their marching band would destroy the streets like they did to the football field. Confusednicker:

Christmas > Football in this community.

Don't think anyone would argue with Christmas being greater than Football but the Parade is a little differant story!! The point being why change it for Somerset and not for PC!!
E's Army Wrote:Just shows Jesus loves Bunnies more than Maroons.

Don't think Jesus scheduled the parade....I doubt anyone from Pulaski would trade a ride or view of a parade for a chance at a State Chsmpionship.
Jaxkait Wrote:The point being why change it for Somerset and not for PC!!

I don't even know if they did reschedule the parade for the last time Somerset played in the finals, but if they did, maybe it was because Somerset goes to the finals once every other decade and PC does it yearly?

Lots of other factors likely weighed into the decision, too, I'm sure. But bottom line, no controversy. Choose your event and plan accordingly. Go Maroons and Merry Xmas!
Jaxkait Wrote:The point being why change it for Somerset and not for PC!!

I am going to give the parade leadership the benefit of doubt and venture to guess that when they changed the parade for a football game, they received lots and lots and lots and lots of complaints. So they said no more moving the parade.

Now if in the future ,Somerset goes back to the finals and they change the parade, we will know my guess is wrong and Jesus loves Somerset better than PC.
I know for a fact that there are several PC players, coaches, parents, and fans upset with the KHSAA about having to play on the same night as the Christmas Parade. If you have ever seen this event you would understand why. I'd compare it to the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, only bigger. I think CBS is covering the event this year.
I can't believe this is even a thead
jim rome Wrote:I know for a fact that there are several PC players, coaches, parents, and fans upset with the KHSAA about having to play on the same night as the Christmas Parade. If you have ever seen this event you would understand why. I'd compare it to the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, only bigger. I think CBS is covering the event this year.

I don't think CBS carries it nationally, maybe in the Lexington viewing area.
jim rome Wrote:I know for a fact that there are several PC players, coaches, parents, and fans upset with the KHSAA about having to play on the same night as the Christmas Parade. If you have ever seen this event you would understand why. I'd compare it to the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, only bigger. I think CBS is covering the event this year.
:trolldad:
pjdoug Wrote::trolldad:

Don't start with the faces tattle tale!!! :Sad04:
Forfeit the game and go to the parade. If this is the biggest issue your comunnity has consider your self blessed
The epic "War on Christmas" continues unabated, lol.
Do they have an Underdog float?
I thought most in Pulaski County are Briar Jumper fans? As for the game tonight, Go Maroons! Bring home another State Championship.
They can have a parade for Maroons win they bring the big trophy home
E's Army Wrote:Do they have an Underdog float?

I doubt most people on this forum remembers Underdog or his float!! LOL

It's unfortunate for more reasons than one that the state tournament schedule was so screwed up, but it didn't appear to reduce the crowd at the game.

Pulaski was very well represented.
E's Army Wrote:They can have a parade for Maroons win they bring the big trophy home

They should have went to the Christmas parade Smile
jim rome Wrote:Don't start with the faces tattle tale!!! :Sad04:

I wish you'd stop whining. pjdoug said nothing to me. Don't you think I can READ?? Your post was on the forum for God sake, for anyone to see.
Which, by the way, is the reason I deleted it.
Granny Bear Wrote:I wish you'd stop whining. pjdoug said nothing to me. Don't you think I can READ?? Your post was on the forum for God sake, for anyone to see.
Which, by the way, is the reason I deleted it.

that's funny lol