• 1(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mills fired at Bell County
PINEVILLE, Ky. (WYMT) –*Wayne Mills was fired as the Bell County head football coach Friday.

“I am heartbroken. There’s nothing like coaching on top of Log Mountain,” Mills said. “This is an elite program, and I am grateful to have had the opportunity to coach here for five years.”

Mills spent five seasons with the Bobcats, taking over for former head coach Dudley Hilton in 2011, and led the program to back-to-back district championships in 2011 and 2012.

During Mills' time on the sideline the Bobcats went 60-17, including an 8-5 record in the postseason,. Mills led his team to three regional championship games.

Bell County has not won a regional championship since the 2010 season.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
So who will be the new coach at Bell Now!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
It will be a tough gig to fill. Pay is not great, not even on par with schools nearby. Assistant coaches may get $1500 from what I have heard? 60-17 = 78% winning percentage by the former coach which is pretty good . With a mass exodus of population in the area it is not real attractive on many fronts.
100% guessing.....Coach Frazier :pondering:
Frazier would be a good hire.
That's pretty cold to fire him. You would think that they would have given him the opportunity to resign to save face. I agree with the people who are saying hire Coach Frazier. He would be a good hire.
Correct me if I am wrong but didn't Mills have several of the field issues/infractions this season? This likely had nothing to do with on field performance.
I'm surprised. Most teams would be very happy with those numbers. Hard to accept that this was due to wins and losses.
Dave Diamond
Pound High School Class of '89
Union College Class of '93
U.S. Army Class of '97

"I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me." -Galations 2:20
I told you all this was coming 6 months ago. The plan has been in place for over a year. He just made it easy for them with the whole mooning incident.

And might I add just two weeks ago a bell fan told me I was crazy for saying this all summer
I agree, he put too many black marks on the program this year with the off the field issues.
Mills will be a great hired for someone he can coach football. :popcorn:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I told you all this was coming 6 months ago. The plan has been in place for over a year. He just made it easy for them with the whole mooning incident.

And might I add just two weeks ago a bell fan told me I was crazy for saying this all summer

I think the mooning was the last straw for the administration just too many things hanging over them
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
The program is headed down hill and will hit rock bottom.. Numbers are bad and our middle school has been Bad.. A good coach would have to be crazy to come here with our present Superintendent.. She told me last week that "she didn't care if we won or lost.. Just be good to kids!"
Coach Mills loved his players and gave his life to them.. She let all the whole coaching staff go...Frazier has been fired at two schools already in his career.. It would be a bad hire!!!
I've been saying for years Bell is on the downside program wise but none of the Bell fans really believe it.

Depending on the next coach it could get pretty bad with not a lot of talent coming in.
RIUTG you are correct and has been saying for years.. Just didn't want to admit to it!!
Bobcat4years Wrote:RIUTG you are correct and has been saying for years.. Just didn't want to admit to it!!

In all honestly I hope Bell makes the right choice.
There is only one or two coaches left around here that can get them back into it. The quality of coaching has went downhill in SEKY with a few exceptions IMO
Our Principal is doing the hiring and he doesn't know the difference between a football and softball..
Expectations kill coaches. I would suspect there will be many more in the next few weeks. A coaches job nowadays is tough.
I would of not have a problem with my son playing for Mills. Anyone that knows him knows he is a heck of a guy. I think someone really close to the superintendent has been wanting him gone for a while. He himself may see how it feels in the near future. I use to think like this person, but he has got a little power and it has made him go crazy. If your from Bell, you know who I am talking about. He has no administrative experience at all and he is helping make major decisions. It's embarrassing but that is Bell County politics.
A question for you Bell Co. fans. Would you like to see Dudley Hilton come back?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I can't wait to hear all the Anti-Mills people in about two years from now. Most of them don't attend the games much anyway. Thanks guys!
The PEOPLE of Bell County should be embarrassed. You do have a voice!!!! Until you stand together against SMALL TOWN politics and nepotism it will continue to go on. She is a hired person by the county and all of those other idiots like TG and CW that are making decisions without one ounce of leadership ability.

OR alternative is this. Keep on being quiet, passive and complaining to those that DO NOT make the decisions and keep allowing what few GOOD PEOPLE left in that county to be pushed out. GROW A SET BELL COUNTY stand up for those that love the PROGRAM and the kids regardless of what petty little things they do to piss off those that are doing much worse. LOOK IN MIRROR people and grow the freak up. Wayne is a good man and good coach and his staff had great results considering they were probably the most understaffed football team in the state.
watcher Wrote:I would of not have a problem with my son playing for Mills. Anyone that knows him knows he is a heck of a guy. I think someone really close to the superintendent has been wanting him gone for a while. He himself may see how it feels in the near future. I use to think like this person, but he has got a little power and it has made him go crazy. If your from Bell, you know who I am talking about. He has no administrative experience at all and he is helping make major decisions. It's embarrassing but that is Bell County politics.

If you are calling people out, step up and go see them. I suspect the man you are hinting around wouldn't have any problem talking to you. Gutless is an epidemic.
Trenches07 Wrote:The PEOPLE of Bell County should be embarrassed. You do have a voice!!!! Until you stand together against SMALL TOWN politics and nepotism it will continue to go on. She is a hired person by the county and all of those other idiots like TG and CW that are making decisions without one ounce of leadership ability.

OR alternative is this. Keep on being quiet, passive and complaining to those that DO NOT make the decisions and keep allowing what few GOOD PEOPLE left in that county to be pushed out. GROW A SET BELL COUNTY stand up for those that love the PROGRAM and the kids regardless of what petty little things they do to piss off those that are doing much worse. LOOK IN MIRROR people and grow the freak up. Wayne is a good man and good coach and his staff had great results considering they were probably the most understaffed football team in the state.

Sounds like an almost identical situation Harlan County was in last season, SEKY politics are awful. Good Luck
I've heard rumblings and rumors of this for months, so not shocked. Coach Mills did a very good job on field, though, so as a supporter of Bell, Pineville and Middlesboro athletics, I'm a little sad to see it happen.

Does anyone know if Coach Frazier would even be interested in the job?
watcher Wrote:I would of not have a problem with my son playing for Mills. Anyone that knows him knows he is a heck of a guy. I think someone really close to the superintendent has been wanting him gone for a while. He himself may see how it feels in the near future. I use to think like this person, but he has got a little power and it has made him go crazy. If your from Bell, you know who I am talking about. He has no administrative experience at all and he is helping make major decisions. It's embarrassing but that is Bell County politics.
Evidently you're blind sided ... When you have another kid take another kid out by injury on the field your about as low as you can get and with all the other off field problems he has done you don't know him .. Your past will catch up!!!!
ladycats09 Wrote:If you are calling people out, step up and go see them. I suspect the man you are hinting around wouldn't have any problem talking to you. Gutless is an epidemic.
You are wrong my friend. NO administrative experience at all. I am a shamed to be part of Bell county. TG is making decisions and it has angered many in the county. He use to be liked but has made many an enemy now. PLEASE Bell County and stop this embarrassment.
If you can't win District at a school like Bell Co you will be short lived.
watcher Wrote:You are wrong my [SIZE="5"]friend[/SIZE]. NO administrative experience at all. I am a shamed to be part of Bell county. TG is making decisions and it has angered many in the county. He use to be liked but has made many an enemy now. PLEASE Bell County and stop this embarrassment.

None of my friends would be too chicken $hit to not come say that to my face.
Coaching has turned into a bad business. As far as Frazier he should still be here beating Bell , but he got the shaft. I hear he will be in Whitley Co. Next year with Chappell. Bell you never miss what you had till its gone. Trust us we miss Frazier and Chappell. You will miss Mills. Hate that we treat Coaches like this .
  • 1(current)
  • Next