Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newport Central Catholic 15 Danville 7
Final.
Congratulations NCC. As of right now 4 of Belfry's opponents of the season is in the state finals.
This was a great game

Defensive struggle and Danville led 7-0 late in the 4th.

NewCath dialed up a trick play for the TD and boldly went for 2. The Breds then created a Pick 6.

Danville drove down inside the 10 and had a shot to the endzone with no time on the clock but it fell incomplete as NewCath got pressure up the middle to rush the throw.
I wanted Danville. Even though we have lost a lot to them, we still like that bunch here.
Congrats to NewCath.
mysonis55 Wrote:I wanted Danville. Even though we have lost a lot to them, we still like that bunch here.

NCC may fool some people against Mayfield.
That's what we should expect. There are no slouches left when you past regionals. That's what a state championship is supposed to be like.
Nah, ur wrong there myson. The east, as usual, is very bad. Having coached these NCC kids, there is some really good kids with talent. Lawrence is an absolute stud, if he were 6 foot, he would be off to LSU to play ball. Hairball, can't say enough about the type of young man and player he is. Too many egos and selfishness by some of the others, not enough overall talent and poor coaching is going to see a score of 42-3 mayfield. Dave Schneider couldn't coach his way out of a wet paper bag. Bad play caller, bad game planner and very poor position coach. How is this guy still at NCC? Eddie eviston calling the shots, NCC would have a chance with this group.
New Cath has kind of flown under the radar this year.
I will, of course, be rooting for NCC.