Poll: Who Advances to Bowling Green?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
BELFRY
82.35%
Corbin
17.65%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 12(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin @ Belfry State Semifinal 11/27
How does Corbin match Belfrys size.
proud44pirate Wrote:How does Corbin match Belfrys size.

:Hammer3:
I don't post a lot but when belfry is hitting on all cylinders I would say when the run sweeps or heavy on one side you got about 2000 two 3000 pounds of 6/3 6/6 huge lineman comeing at you
I honestly think when my eagles played belfry if we played 15 players on defense we couldn't of stopped them
And what's really scary is they are all juniors so got another year deal with the size
They only had two teams that played with them or beat them one was a butter fingers night and the other one look like Johnson central did against them I don't think they got of the bus is how bad they made us look ,
I think for a team to play with belfry this time of year you better have some heart or lead in your pants because this team looks like a college football team
eagles2011 Wrote:I don't post a lot but when belfry is hitting on all cylinders I would say when the run sweeps or heavy on one side you got about 2000 two 3000 pounds of 6/3 6/6 huge lineman comeing at you
I honestly think when my eagles played belfry if we played 15 players on defense we couldn't of stopped them
And what's really scary is they are all juniors so got another year deal with the size
They only had two teams that played with them or beat them one was a butter fingers night and the other one look like Johnson central did against them I don't think they got of the bus is how bad they made us look ,
I think for a team to play with belfry this time of year you better have some heart or lead in your pants because this team looks like a college football team

skeery :yikes:
proud44pirate Wrote:How does Corbin match Belfrys size.

Lol. I guess you seen the same scoutin report as I did. Lol. Big size difference. Lol.
I said it earlier in this same post. Corbin will come out 110% for about 3 to 4 min. in the first QT. But Belfry's power, size, speed and not having but a couple that play both side is hard to handle. If and I say if Corbin can stop the fullback they might slow them down. Belfry does nothing different each week, why change it if no one can stop it.
Corbin is gonna fool some people.
Let's not lose sight of the fact that Haddix has familiarity with our offense as he has played against it. They have comparable size and strength to Belfry. This will by no means be a cakewalk. But if Belfry executes and is firing all cylinders this will be a close game throughout that we should hopefully pull away from Corbin with at the end. I just think athletically they can't match Belfry for 4 quarters.
Pirate1991#8 Wrote:Lol. I guess you seen the same scoutin report as I did. Lol. Big size difference. Lol.

I'm curious as to why some of you think Corbin is small. They looked big to me.
mysonis55 Wrote:Corbin is gonna fool some people.

Listen there not going to fool anybody that knows football our Coachs has done this for a lot of years Corbin might fool people that just get on here and talk this should be a good game with two teams that are hitting there stride playing there best ball of the year I expect this to be a good game but I do expect my Pirates to get the win but with that being said I hope all the people coming to watch this game has safe travels this evening and get to watch a great Simi game.
Belfry -28
Corbin -17
Safe travels to the RedHounds.
As Granny would say. It's game day in the mountains !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
David slings the stone tonight! The stone that will bust the ship as it did Goliath!! Get ya some pirates!! Hounds will be trackin north and tree y'all about 730 tnight just after sundown!! 28-24 hounds. Haddix has ya in the scope!
Watch for the deer and bears corbin fans, traveled that route the last couple of days and they are everywhere on 80. Safe travels. Pirates win big.
bcpc Wrote:David slings the stone tonight! The stone that will bust the ship as it did Goliath!! Get ya some pirates!! Hounds will be trackin north and tree y'all about 730 tnight just after sundown!! 28-24 hounds. Haddix has ya in the scope!

Lol great use of words I'll give you that. Corbin won't score 28, and add about 20 to the Belfry total and that's your final score. BTW, no disrespect, but what has Haddix actually accomplished as a coach? Fill me in please!
pjdoug Wrote:I'm curious as to why some of you think Corbin is small. They looked big to me.

I'm just goin by what I saw on a scouting report. I mean. Even if it's false from what I seen on film Corbin still isn't as big. I mean Not many teams can say they are as big as us. Our Oline is one of the biggest in the state. Our Guards are 300 plus. Center is 245.. And tackles go about 280 a peice. And our tight end bout 295. Maybe your Waterboy is bigger!!!!! Lol
Corbin Oline looks good sized but I am not sure about the D line. I just wonder if our backs get loose in space does Corbin have the speed to catch them?
Hope Belfry can pass some. Haddix is gonna stack the box every play. He almost beat Harlan County a few years ago when Harlan was a 6-7 TD favorite.
This game should go pretty fast if both teams runs the ball. I personally think this is Corbin only shot to keep the game close. And if it close by halftime I can see Corbin open up the play book for some big play down field. Coach Haddix will keep it close if he can to give Corbin a shot at winning this game late in the game. Go Corbin :Cheerlead This would be the biggest upset in the state if Corbin beats belfry......Dam I got a lot of (IF) :worthy:
The_Rock Wrote:Hope Belfry can pass some. Haddix is gonna stack the box every play. He almost beat Harlan County a few years ago when Harlan was a 6-7 TD favorite.

I don't see Haddix stacking the box. :pondering:
He will stack the box just like Brethitt Co. Use to do. Belfry is so use to seeing the box stacked, they have actually became very good of countering it with blocking and play calling. Stack the box and the fullback stretches it out a extra hole. Stack the box and the jet sweep opens up on the outside. Fact is teams have been stacking the box on Belfry for 30 years. You can stack it, but you have to stop it.
He won at pcc. That's says something, you don't believe me. Send Haywood over to Perry... Lol. Haddix beat Haywood. That's all that matters at the end of the day,, and with again tonight. Haywood is a good coach, don't get me wrong... One of the best, but I'd have a lot more respect for him if he didn't used to water fields!! I call it cheating, he calls it leveling the playing field when he is afraid. Don't make me continue to bring up the '02 game... Hadn't rained in weeks, somehow there was 10 inches of mud on the field. The cheater got what he deserved that night. Got his ass beat by a better team. Cream always rises to the top. Haddix and Greer will call the plays out tnight, and the tiny corbin boys with huge hearts will lay-la-la the smack down tonight!!!!
The_Rock Wrote:Hope Belfry can pass some. Haddix is gonna stack the box every play. He almost beat Harlan County a few years ago when Harlan was a 6-7 TD favorite.

I think we are use to teams stacking the Box. And still we don't pass. Teams always stack the box against us!!!!!
bcpc Wrote:He won at pcc. That's says something, you don't believe me. Send Haywood over to Perry... Lol. Haddix beat Haywood. That's all that matters at the end of the day,, and with again tonight. Haywood is a good coach, don't get me wrong... One of the best, but I'd have a lot more respect for him if he didn't used to water fields!! I call it cheating, he calls it leveling the playing field when he is afraid. Don't make me continue to bring up the '02 game... Hadn't rained in weeks, somehow there was 10 inches of mud on the field. The cheater got what he deserved that night. Got his ass beat by a better team. Cream always rises to the top. Haddix and Greer will call the plays out tnight, and the tiny corbin boys with huge hearts will lay-la-la the smack down tonight!!!!

Bring it. We are Big Boys with Bigger Hearts!!!!!
Better get your facts straight there buddy before you go making accusations. He wasn't responsible for watering the field. I can promise you that 100%. Your man crush for Haddix is cute.
bcpc Wrote:David slings the stone tonight! The stone that will bust the ship as it did Goliath!! Get ya some pirates!! Hounds will be trackin north and tree y'all about 730 tnight just after sundown!! 28-24 hounds. Haddix has ya in the scope!

I liked that, you should have been a writer. Great way of using it metaphorically.:Thumbs:
Good luck to BOTH teams tonight. Hoping for a safe and exciting game.
So funny for someone who clearly had Breathitt Co ties to call out the character of anybody else's program. Lol
mysonis55 Wrote:Corbin is gonna fool some people.

Why? Because Mayfield only beat them by 14 points? Maybe Mayfield is not all its talked up to be. Could go either way, just saying. Corbin could very well come in and surprise Belfry and beat them. Or, Belfry could beat Corbin by a bigger margin than Mayfield did. Then what would that say?
  •  Previous
  • 12(current)
  • Next