Poll: Who Advances to Bowling Green?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
BELFRY
82.35%
Corbin
17.65%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 10(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin @ Belfry State Semifinal 11/27
BelfryPride Wrote:It's not looking good for that

WKU is 7-0 in C-USA and Marshall is 6-1

Even if WKU loses, there is a good chance they will host anyway because it goes to the team with the highest winning percentage overall.

If WKU loses they won't have the highest winning percentage either in the conference 7-1 to Marshall's 7-1, and the overall record would be better for Marshall at 10-2 to WKU's 9-3, and Marshall would own the head to head. If I read the Conference USA tiebreaker correctly, Marshall should be the East champ if they win. That being said, it will be tough knocking off the Toppers in BG, but they did it to Marshall in Huntington last year.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I meant to say could of been.

IMHO this game is inevitably for second place anyways, but Central could have easily been the 3A champs the same way Lex Cath could be.

I went to Central vs Catholic, neither of those teams are beating Belfry. If they were good enough in the passing game I might change my mind, but they are not. Central still might have been the better matchup, to get a halfway decent game out of the final, but if Catholic gets by Etown, they can't win the way they played against Central. One fast QB isn't going to defeat Belfry I don't think. I guess time will tell. Plus they have to get past Etown. Corbin, someone can go ahead and throw dirt on their coffin.
bucslover68 Wrote:If WKU loses they won't have the highest winning percentage either in the conference 7-1 to Marshall's 7-1, and the overall record would be better for Marshall at 10-2 to WKU's 9-3, and Marshall would own the head to head. If I read the Conference USA tiebreaker correctly, Marshall should be the East champ if they win. That being said, it will be tough knocking off the Toppers in BG, but they did it to Marshall in Huntington last year.

Based on Marshall's record alone, it seems that they are going to be the host. I'll take it!
IMO, anything can happen on any Friday night. Corbin will come out and give their best game to Belfry no doubt. I won't make a score prediction because I don't do that this time of the year.

Corbin is very talented and they're here in the State Semi's for a reason. Newcomer to Post Turkey Day football.

Belfry also very talented, seems to be on a mission. Very accustomed to Post Turkey Day football.

Experience matters when you get this deep into the playoffs, something that E-Town, LexCath and Corbin don't have. But hey, you never know what may happen on any given Friday.

Go Pirates!
For 4 years, I've heard that we have the easy path to the finals... that we'd be sitting at home watching if Corbin and Bell were in the east. I can't tell you how excited I am at the chance to take the perception and shove it up everyone's ass. I hope there's 10 thousand people plus at this game.
Belfry0304 Wrote:For 4 years, I've heard that we have the easy path to the finals... that we'd be sitting at home watching if Corbin and Bell were in the east. I can't tell you how excited I am at the chance to take the perception and shove it up everyone's ass. I hope there's 10 thousand people plus at this game.

Exactly the way I feel. GO Pirates!
Belfry0304 Wrote:For 4 years, I've heard that we have the easy path to the finals... that we'd be sitting at home watching if Corbin and Bell were in the east. I can't tell you how excited I am at the chance to take the perception and shove it up everyone's ass. I hope there's 10 thousand people plus at this game.

You haven't heard it from me. Confusednicker: but just in case Belfry wins nobody shoving nothing up my :moon::moon::moon: I can promise you that. :truestory:
Belfry is the better team. Should win this game at home. Don't expect Corbin to give it to ya tho because it simply just won't happen. Greer and Haddix are also capable of makin game time strategy adjustments.

Belfry
Experience in the playoffs
More disciplined
More speed
Athletic
Minimal mistakes as far as blocking and missed tackles and alignment
Hard to run the ball on with D Line
Just as happy to get 4 yards as they are 15

Corbin
Very deep, not a single player even the backups go 2 ways
Pretty darn good defense overall especially good athletes on Dline and secondary
Good special teams play and a dandy kicker.
Solid Corp of Rb that go north. Not east and west
Young strong Qb that is a load to bring down.
Think the Qb and C exchange is better.
Usually a second half team due to depth and fresh players.
This game is simply just gonna be about which team blocks and tackles the best. I worry about our O line, if we can stay focused and stay in the game till the half it will be a barn burner.
As Ric flair would say ...to be the man you have to beat the man...go hounds🏈🐾🐾
There's nothing more I would rather see is a barn burner. But in reality Corbin will be the ones getting burnt. No disrespect at all. They just don't match up anywheres. Belfry is way to fast, strong and there's not any team in 3A that can control a clock like Belfry. They take all the 3 and 4 yards they can get, then just when Corbin's D thinks they have them Belfry will spring a 60 plus yard run. But please make the trip to Belfry, Cam stadium could use your cash.
You sir have lost your mind.... How many points are you giving today? If the # is right. I would def make it "put up or shut up" time for you.... But that's the way it goes for you Belfry folk. I can't be quoted too much on here because I speak facts. Get with me bud, let's talk some $.... Or gift cards or anything
I haven't watched any film on Corbin, but if what I've been reading is correct, it will be a long night for them. Everything about them plays right into Belfry's hands. Belfry's run defense is about as good as it gets in 3A, Corbin will have a TOUGH time getting yards up the middle. Everyone knows Belfry's running game is top notch, and if Corbin has allowed teams to exploit their run defense this year, Belfry will do it for sure.
I gave my spread way back on this tread. If I recall I stated Belfry 34 to Corbin's 12. I also said that Corbin wouldn't score until the late 3rd or in the 4th QT. That depends on when Haywood put the JV boy's in. So it's a toss up. 3rd or 4th. HighViz just for fun what's ur spread. If, I say IF Corbin can keep it within 7 of Belfry by half time I'll till u I'm sorry pal I under estimated them. But everything I've read about and watched about Cobin tells me I'll be fine. They are a good team and seem to be great kids but that won't win championships.
Give me 20? Is that what you are saying..? I'll meet ya at cam. I'll pay my 5-6$ to get in and give you a crisp 20$ bill. Is it put up or shut up time or what....?
Belfry0304 Wrote:Please God don't get the Mayfield morons started on this thread. There's no one I hate worse... Except maybe Jetpilot

Confusednicker:

That's the plan
As I said, if you are reading about Corbin on this thread then it's not a good place to judge talent. There is 100 Belfry smack talkers to every 2 Corbin smack talkers.
HighViz Wrote:As I said, if you are reading about Corbin on this thread then it's not a good place to judge talent. There is 100 Belfry smack talkers to every 2 Corbin smack talkers.

Its been hard for me to focus on this thread how slow Corbin is from the belfry posters. Got me thinking Corbin should punt the ball on 1st down and Corbin should only play pass defense. Sorry posters Corbin is in it to win it. :Cheerlead
Yes I understand that. I'm from Belfry. I went back threw Corbin's stats and can not match them up with Belfry. I've cross referenced them with every opponent, I've read stats from Maxpreps, khsaa. They have not impressed me none. I'm sorry pal. Untill they prove it to me I'm still got Belfry 34 to 12 if there lucky
So you call my bet for 20$?! Or need to do some more research?
22 points you say
Belfry0304 Wrote:Please God don't get the Mayfield morons started on this thread. There's no one I hate worse... Except maybe Jetpilot

:beg::beg::beg: God let the Mayfield morons help us on this football thread. :lmao::lmao::lmao: Never thought Corbin need some bandwagon friends untill now.

Whoever was saying that didn't know what they were talking about. Corbin could have competed with Belfry last year, although Belfry would have been the favorite. The other 3 years they have been in 3A, they couldn't reach the Region Finals, so they wouldn't have beaten Belfry either. I don't believe Bell could have beaten Belfry any of those years. It sounds good in theory, but in real life, I don't think so.
You are right. These Belfry folk are talkers huh... Cept they quickly find reverse when called out. Me n 64 need some help here. Can't stir this crew with a stick.
Yelp Belfry by 22 plus. And no I'm not betting $20 because you won't pay up anyways. But like I said earlier, I will apologize for under estimating you and Corbin. But if I'm right you cand delete your account here. Lol
A genius one can answer it easily. Smile
That's what I thought. All talk.....
I told you I didn't want to bet money because I no you can't or won't pay up. But here's what I got for us to think about. So you tell me HighViz.
If Belfry wins by 22 you will delete your user name and never use it again.
If Belfry wins by 21 I'll delete mine and never use it again.
Does this sound good to you. Money off the table because you won't be at the game nor would you pay up. It's ok
Yes all talk but we've backed it up time and time again.
As I said..........
  •  Previous
  • 10(current)
  • Next