Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
lex catholic 14 Lou central 13 Final
catholic blocks last sec field goal attempt by central
Congrats Catholic on a great win.
Wow!!!!
Crazy ending but if you want to beat great teams you have to make great plays.

Catholic did just that!
Two great teams getting after each opther. Congrats to Catholic.
Way to go Knights!
Congrats Knights, takes a great team to beat Central at home. Well done.
I just had a feeling this would happen....

For the first time in several years, Louisville Central will not represent the West in 3A.

Congrats LexCath
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
BelfryPride Wrote:I just had a feeling this would happen....

For the first time in several years, Louisville Central will not represent the West in 3A.

Congrats LexCath

That great Wayne County team represented the West 2 years ago

Only three times since 2007 has Central not reached the 3A FInals... 2009, 2013, and 2015
EKUAlum05 Wrote:That great Wayne County team represented the West 2 years ago

Only three times since 2007 has Central not reached the 3A FInals... 2009, 2013, and 2015

Thanks for that...I had forgotten about Wayne County. It seems like everytime Belfry is in BG, its against Central hahaha
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gonna be a heck of a team coming out of the west this year.
You have to be good to beat Central. Scroggins may be the best coach in the state.
E's Army Wrote:You have to be good to beat Central. Scroggins may be the best coach in the state.

No doubt that Coach Scroggins is a good coach at all and Belfry has alot of respect for him and his program.

Best in the State is a bit of a Stretch.

Belfry's Coach Haywood is one of only 17 coaches to eclipse the 400 win mark.

He now sits at 401 and counting...
BelfryPride Wrote:No doubt that Coach Scroggins is a good coach at all and Belfry has alot of respect for him and his program.

Best in the State is a bit of a Stretch.

Belfry's Coach Haywood is one of only 17 coaches to eclipse the 400 win mark.

He now sits at 401 and counting...

We'll take what scroggins has done in what 8 years at central versues what haywood did in his 1st 8 years at belfry and see what you come up with. Numbers don't lie.
cctiger Wrote:We'll take what scroggins has done in what 8 years at central versues what haywood did in his 1st 8 years at belfry and see what you come up with. Numbers don't lie.
I'll take the players Scroggins has had over what Haywood has had and see what you come up with.

Both are good coaches, but both have been fortunate to coach a lot of talented players.
No doubt that both Belfry and Central are well coached, but Lexington Catholic deserves much more credit than they have received this season. The Knights have battled injuries all season long and the fact that they have three outstanding quarterbacks on the roster suggests to me that Lexington Catholic is probably pretty well coached too.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:No doubt that both Belfry and Central are well coached, but Lexington Catholic deserves much more credit than they have received this season. The Knights have battled injuries all season long and the fact that they have three outstanding quarterbacks on the roster suggests to me that Lexington Catholic is probably pretty well coached too.

I wonder if any of the remaining teams can handle a good quarterback.
I said early on that the two newcomers to 3a had to be considered front runners and one of them is proving to live up to the billing.
Central beat Boyle by 2 TDs and LeXCath needed a missed XP and a blocked FG at the end of the game to beat the 3A runner up.

Let's not spin this more than what everyone knew. Boyle and LexCath are two great teams and programs but they weren't the buzz saw that laid 3A to waste like most were predicting.

Let's also not forget the two time defending champs are still humming along to BG in dominating fashion with dominating wins over 4 teams in their states respective Semi-Finals.

Bottom line is 3A has already lived up to the billing is probably the best class in KY pound for pound and we still have two more weeks of great football left
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Central beat Boyle by 2 TDs and LeXCath needed a missed XP and a blocked FG at the end of the game to beat the 3A runner up.

Let's not spin this more than what everyone knew. Boyle and LexCath are two great teams and programs but they weren't the buzz saw that laid 3A to waste like most were predicting.

Let's also not forget the two time defending champs are still humming along to BG in dominating fashion with dominating wins over 4 teams in their states respective Semi-Finals.

Bottom line is 3A has already lived up to the billing is probably the best class in KY pound for pound and we still have two more weeks of great football left
:blabbermo
I guess we will find out in two weeks.
I thought I saw a Catholic coach lay a shot on a Central kid who was running out of bounds on Catholic's sideline. Albeit I had a high vantage point and was there as a fan of football but not from either team, I am impartial but it looked like a forearm leveled the Central kid. The crowd (I was sitting with Central) nearly came unglued. It was a great football game but I do not like things like that. However if anyone else was there with a better vantage point I may be wrong. It was just great to see such a great game. Catholic QB is one of, if not the fastest player I've saw in 3A this year.
mysonis55 Wrote:I said early on that the two newcomers to 3a had to be considered front runners and one of them is proving to live up to the billing.
I agree,
I said early on with the addition of Boyle and Lexington Catholic 3A was gonna get a whole lot tougher for Central and Belfry and I think Catholic wins the 3A title.
I do not think Catholic is physical enough for Belfry. I doubt Boyle will be able to keep it's enrollment down to stay in 3A very long. Catholic was well coached, and has a dynamic QB with that Thompson kid. Running back is big and strong but seemed to cough it up more than I like (at least last night). And it's hard for me to judge the receivers because Central is always going to be hard to pass on. I did like Catholics defensive adjustments, it was some of the best halftime adjustments I've seen this year. Offensively Catholic may have adjusted just as well. Spread the field and use that dynamic QB to use his legs. I don't see that beating Belfry though, just too much championship experience for Belfry, class after class of middle schools state champs. Kids that have beards in the 6th grade, lol, and a great head coach. Belfry has just been a team for so long, these kids all a cohesive group. It will be spread, 5 wide offense of Catholic and that dynamite QB vs Belfrys triple option, power, etc..Belfry is going to look like giants though, I'd say, compared to Catholic. My opinion this game will be something like 20-14 Belfry on top. Of course they have to take care of business next week.
Jack Lambert Wrote:I agree,
I said early on with the addition of Boyle and Lexington Catholic 3A was gonna get a whole lot tougher for Central and Belfry and I think Catholic wins the 3A title.

No, you said early on that Boyle was going to win it all! Even after Lexington Catholic beat them, you still said Boyle was going to win it all. Lets be honest here Jack.
mysonis55 Wrote:Gonna be a heck of a team coming out of the west this year.

Going to be a heck of a team coming out of the East this year.
Gonna be a heck of a state tournament!!
I like our chances. Considering a mediocre team like JC beat Lexington Catholic by 2 tds Big Grin. Just kidding JC fans
pjdoug Wrote::blabbermo

Central also missed two chip shot field goals earlier in the game , along with the missed extra point . All four kicks the ball was from the 20 yard line down to the 4 yard line , so 3 missed (chip shot)field goals and a missed xtra point cost Central the game. Central won the rushing , passing battles as well as the turnovers 4-0. Rarely are these factors in your favor and you still lose the game.
Hats of the LexCath you willed your way to a win !

Did not mean to quote the mouiji or whatever they are called , lol
smoke1015 Wrote:I thought I saw a Catholic coach lay a shot on a Central kid who was running out of bounds on Catholic's sideline. Albeit I had a high vantage point and was there as a fan of football but not from either team, I am impartial but it looked like a forearm leveled the Central kid. The crowd (I was sitting with Central) nearly came unglued. It was a great football game but I do not like things like that. However if anyone else was there with a better vantage point I may be wrong. It was just great to see such a great game. Catholic QB is one of, if not the fastest player I've saw in 3A this year.

Correct that quarterbacks lil legs ( lexCath)is what lost the game for Central.
As well as Centrals porous kicking game