Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence Co. At. Belfry
RaiderManiac87 Wrote:LC is gonna get whipped like the whipped cream on east carters award winning pumkin pie. I might have to make this game to try belfrys concession stand LCs is awful, their coke is flat and popcorn isnt even popped.

Uh, ok and you drove 45 minutes to Louisa for...?? Not the concessions I presume. Curious as to why you was there when we didn't play y'all
Belfry, Belfry,Belfry, why most teams get beat, forget name, play your game. DiSTRICK, CHAMPIONSHIP, SHOULD bE PLAYED ON NEATURAL FIELD. Pride of eastern Ky, football watch out your bubble could get busted
JUNKYARD DAWG Wrote:Uh, ok and you drove 45 minutes to Louisa for...?? Not the concessions I presume. Curious as to why you was there when we didn't play y'all

:pondering:
Our beloved mighty raiders were not fortunate enough to make the playoffs and I usaualy use that time to try different concessions from schools we dont play to compare them to the mighty raiders concession. Mabey yall was just having a bad night but when I get a bag of popcorn kernels with a few actually popped along with some rude servers... I think I'll pass. The best thing about your concession stand was the hot dogs and they were average at best with some stale mustard.
pjdoug Wrote::pondering:

I've been to LC games and the LC should stand for lousy consesions. Raider consesions are by far the pride of eastern ky
First of all you should spell it correctly; it is spelled concessions. Secondly, if you're known for concessions instead of the sport being played, that might say something.
I believe I had spelled it correctly sir. As for mightydog he is a russell fan and the only good thing about theirs is their hotdogs, which blow LCs lousy excuse of a weiner out of the water.
So lemme get this straight, you visit this thread to herald East Carter and their mighty concession stand because it's better than Lawrence County's? And make it the basis for your prediction?? SMH
Just stating the truth and nothing but the truth
Dawgfan123 Wrote:Belfry, Belfry,Belfry, why most teams get beat, forget name, play your game. DiSTRICK, CHAMPIONSHIP, SHOULD bE PLAYED ON NEATURAL FIELD. Pride of eastern Ky, football watch out your bubble could get busted

Fine, we'll play in on a neutral field if you ever beat us? Deal?
Lol
Belfry earned the right to play at home winning the district championship.
LC will come to play. I can promise that
Dawgfan123 Wrote:Belfry, Belfry,Belfry, why most teams get beat, forget name, play your game. DiSTRICK, CHAMPIONSHIP, SHOULD bE PLAYED ON NEATURAL FIELD. Pride of eastern Ky, football watch out your bubble could get busted
Honest question... are you saying it should be played on a neutral field, or a natural (grass) field?

If LC had beaten Belfry in the regular season when they had the chance, this game would be played at Luke Varney Field. You want to host these games? Earn it.
Belfry probs. We are playing to move on. Lawrence is playing their state championship Friday.
Belfry0304 Wrote:Belfry probs. We are playing to move on. Lawrence is playing their state championship Friday.
we hope that belfry is looking ahead. lc is playing for a chance to win a regional championship. lc will bring their A game. will it be enough, time will tell. lc brings a very capable team to this game. I do not foresee a running clock. we all know belfry will run and lc will pass. all about line play and defense. if belfry defensive line can get to kiser they stand a good chance of prevailing. if not belfry secondary will have their work cut out covering wr's, te's and slots. you cannot stack the box on this years lc team. lc can stack belfry and if they can get some stops they can keep it close. both teams have solid special teams. this game could come down to a field goal or even a extra point. of course turnovers and flags can change everything.
Belfry don't need to stack the box. The new lineup on the front 3 will put pressure on them. Our linebackers will cut anything short off, ends have the quick post and outs covered. Defensive backs will either pick you off or hit you so hard you won't want to catch anymore. Guess it's time to reel you in if you thought that was the real Belfry team you played during season.
dawgbyte02 Wrote:we hope that belfry is looking ahead. lc is playing for a chance to win a regional championship. lc will bring their A game. will it be enough, time will tell. lc brings a very capable team to this game. I do not foresee a running clock. we all know belfry will run and lc will pass. all about line play and defense. if belfry defensive line can get to kiser they stand a good chance of prevailing. if not belfry secondary will have their work cut out covering wr's, te's and slots. you cannot stack the box on this years lc team. lc can stack belfry and if they can get some stops they can keep it close. both teams have solid special teams. this game could come down to a field goal or even a extra point. of course turnovers and flags can change everything.

Go ahead and stack it, it usually never works. One key block and no one is left at home to stop the Belfry speed. Believe me...the scoreboard with change often if you stack 9-10 close to the line.
I didn't say looking ahead... I said we play to move on. Our goal is to win state. Yours is to beat us.
proud44pirate Wrote:Belfry don't need to stack the box. The new lineup on the front 3 will put pressure on them. Our linebackers will cut anything short off, ends have the quick post and outs covered. Defensive backs will either pick you off or hit you so hard you won't want to catch anymore. Guess it's time to reel you in if you thought that was the real Belfry team you played during season.

Come on now I will grant you that your d line is probably the best in 3a football. But your db's are average to below average at best. Last game belfry used a saftey 20 yards off the ball and tried to put one corner on the daltons. Where lc went wrong was not using their slot recivers to make the saftey play up. Lc recivers are alot bigger than belfrys db's dont think they are hardly big enough to cause anyone to think twice about catching a pass. Also it is very hard to hit what you cant catch. Also chaffins only played a few snaps in that game due to an ankle injury.
Ratliff done a good job on horton lc ran 48 plays and horton had 1 tackle, and batted down 1 pass. The lc defense is really missing #5 on defense he was the one that called out the coverages and made sure everyone was in the right spot pre snap, since he has been out the defense has giving up several big plays due to players being out of position.

With that all said once again lc will have to play a near perfect game and hope belfry makes a few mistake. They got half of it last game as belfry made a few mistakes, but lc played now where near a perfect game. Pulling for the dawgs but lots of respect for the belfry program.
Belfry0304 Wrote:I didn't say looking ahead... I said we play to move on. Our goal is to win state. Yours is to beat us.

Might as well bang your head against the wall. As I posted earlier this quickly turned into one of those old PC threads with the theme "it's our year". I've never seen anybody be so excited about being gifted 7 turnovers and losing the game.
irishcard16 Wrote:Might as well bang your head against the wall. As I posted earlier this quickly turned into one of those old PC threads with the theme "it's our year". I've never seen anybody be so excited about being gifted 7 turnovers and losing the game.

Never seen anybody be so excited abount being gifted 4 turnovers 2 in the inside the twenty yard line and win by 5 at home!!
dawg fan Wrote:Come on now I will grant you that your d line is probably the best in 3a football. But your db's are average to below average at best. Last game belfry used a saftey 20 yards off the ball and tried to put one corner on the daltons. Where lc went wrong was not using their slot recivers to make the saftey play up. Lc recivers are alot bigger than belfrys db's dont think they are hardly big enough to cause anyone to think twice about catching a pass. Also it is very hard to hit what you cant catch. Also chaffins only played a few snaps in that game due to an ankle injury.
Ratliff done a good job on horton lc ran 48 plays and horton had 1 tackle, and batted down 1 pass. The lc defense is really missing #5 on defense he was the one that called out the coverages and made sure everyone was in the right spot pre snap, since he has been out the defense has giving up several big plays due to players being out of position.

With that all said once again lc will have to play a near perfect game and hope belfry makes a few mistake. They got half of it last game as belfry made a few mistakes, but lc played now where near a perfect game. Pulling for the dawgs but lots of respect for the belfry program.
Thanks for giving our DBs something to piss them off and make them play hard I showed your post to my son which is one of the DBs him and his buddy's have been playing at a high level the last 4 games so we will see but I really don't think you know much about football but we'll see You people are a trip LOL!!!!
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:Thanks for giving our DBs something to piss them off and make them play hard I showed your post to my son which is one of the DBs him and his buddy's have been playing at a high level the last 4 games so we will see but I really don't think you know much about football but we'll see You people are a trip LOL!!!!
What receivers in the last 4 weeks of high level play have they faced that could hold eithers Dalton's jock strap 😂
If anyone needs to be motivated to play Friday, they shouldn't be playing football!
dawg fan Wrote:Never seen anybody be so excited abount being gifted 4 turnovers 2 in the inside the twenty yard line and win by 5 at home!!

Nobody's excited over that game from Belfry I can promise you that.
What radio station from belfry can I listen to the game on the Internet? For some reason I never can get the louisa station on line and now I live so far away I can't pick them up on the regular radio. Last time I found the game on line but missed half of the game while I was looking for it. These are my two favorite programs in KY. Thanks in advance for the info
Dawg Family you can listen online at http://www.wdhr.com
If you have Tune In radio app on your phone, you can pick it up there too (93.1 WDHR)

Bobby Norman and Coach Steve Mickey do a great job. A little bit homers for Belfry but not too bad. They will give credit to both teams where it is due and they paint a good picture of the game being played.
Buc-a-roo Wrote:Dawg Family you can listen online at http://www.wdhr.com
If you have Tune In radio app on your phone, you can pick it up there too (93.1 WDHR)

Bobby Norman and Coach Steve Mickey do a great job. A little bit homers for Belfry but not too bad. They will give credit to both teams where it is due and they paint a good picture of the game being played.

Thanks Buc I'm pretty sure that's who I listened to the last time and they did a very good gob.
It doesn't count as Horton having one tackle if you constantly used two or three lineman to block him or run away from him. If he's impacting your game plan that much, hes doing a lot better than making tackles. Good luck to your line. Ask Cade Mays (UT commit who had an Alabama offer) about Ray.
The game earlier this year did one thing that is very important. It let Belfry know they should not look past LC. They the regular season game played out helps Belfry. When you are used to playing in state semis and state titles every year you can overlook your regional foe. With LC playing Belfry the way they did earlier in the year it prevents the Pirates from looking past the Dawgs.

Make no mistake Lawrence is the 2nd best team in the region and a top 5 team in the East but they are not on the same level as Belfry when both teams are executing their A games. The Pirates have for the most part fixed their fumbles. X Willis is playing on a different plane of existence right now, Horton is back in form. The biggest thing I can see right now is that Belfrys secondary is playing the best football I have seen from a Belfry secondary in a few years, it feels like every time the opposing team puts the ball in the air a Belfry defender is there for a Pick or Pick 6, they have become very much ball hawks since playing LC. The second string is playing like it could start at most schools. The is Belfry in November.

Now because these two teams know each other so well I don't expect a running clock and I do expect it to be a game for a while. Final score 35 - 21 Belfry winning.