Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Knox Central
50.00%
Wayne County
50.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knox Central @ Wayne County 11/20 for Regional Championship
When we huddled after our first game with WC, Coach Russell told the team we would be back. They are solid and will be tough to beat. But we have improved every game since then. Gonna be a dandy.

Thoughts?
This time Knox want be overlooking Wayne. :Cheerlead

Knox County 35
Wayne County 20
I think KC is going to win it, they are a better team than Rock, which nearly pulled it off. Love Jaxon Stewart, he's a great kid, so this North Laurel fan is pulling for the Panthers.
I think Knox is the better team so I will take KC by 7
in order for us to win this game Doolittle has to have more than 3 carries this kid is going to be special the next couple years hes a heck of a running back and I know him personally he s a heck of a kid off the field as well im going with our defense in this one knox 28 wayne 7 lets go get that region championship
Knox is the better team but they have to overcome the mental mistakes that cost them tje first game against Wayne. It's time they show they state just who they are and they aren't anyone's whipping boy anymore...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
I saw the first game and knew they would meet again. I thought KC was the better team but the Cards won. If there running back is not out I expect a very close game. Pulling for the Panthers to win in a battle 24-21. I said I would make the trip back to Monticello and I will and I don't even have a dog in that fight. Should be a good one.
Panthers by 7
you talking about number 34 for wayne hope hes ok hes a good running back hes a big kid
I was following the posts last night and the guy said 34 got hurt. I don't know if he came back in or not. I hope it's nothing serious. He is a nice back.
Finally able to pull my self together after last fridays game and post. This should be a should be a great game. Was going to pick Wayne with a slight edge but if #34 Garner is out Knox will have the advantage.Was told it was a collarbone injury, not sure if thats 100% true or not. No matter what will be following and cheering for who ever wins the rest of the way. Good luck to both teams.
Tough one bud to get over.. I think knox vs wayne will be a good one . good luck and hope for no injuries
Made the trip to Montecello the last time these two played and will certainly return this Friday night. A 160 mile round trip from Manchester and the price of admission was worth it last time and I expect it to be this time. Like bossman313, I have no dog in the fight. I'll sit in the stands a pull for both. Good luck to both teams. I hope Garner gets to play.
Wayne County 21-14
Lessons I hope the Panthers learn the easy way from Ronda Rousey's sorry performance:

1. Prepare / don't believe the hype: Rousey started thinking she was too good to train. This has to be the best week of practice ever.

2. Match strategy to opponent: She just kept bulldozing ahead against a world class boxer. As a world class judo that was stupid. Our coaches are great at forming a plan based on the weaknesses of our opponent. That will be key.

3. Arrogance vs Confidence: You must believe in yourself without being disrespectful. When she chose not to touch gloves she started losing. No 15 yard penalties for stupidness.

4. Perform when you are down: Ronda had never been hit nor lost a round. She did not respond. We beat L. Central (likely 3A State Champs) after being down 3 scores. Bring that to this.

5. Duck. Amazingly, she never dodged a single punch. She blocked with her nose and lip. We have to play great defense. And we do and we will.

There you have it.
Football1 Wrote:Lessons I hope the Panthers learn the easy way from Ronda Rousey's sorry performance:

1. Prepare / don't believe the hype: Rousey started thinking she was too good to train. This has to be the best week of practice ever.

2. Match strategy to opponent: She just kept bulldozing ahead against a world class boxer. As a world class judo that was stupid. Our coaches are great at forming a plan based on the weaknesses of our opponent. That will be key.

3. Arrogance vs Confidence: You must believe in yourself without being disrespectful. When she chose not to touch gloves she started losing. No 15 yard penalties for stupidness.

4. Perform when you are down: Ronda had never been hit nor lost a round. She did not respond. We beat L. Central (likely 3A State Champs) after being down 3 scores. Bring that to this.

5. Duck. Amazingly, she never dodged a single punch. She blocked with her nose and lip. We have to play great defense. And we do and we will.

There you have it.

Very good analysis Dave.. Hadn't thought of it that way but your spot on..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
Knox Central by 6
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Saw last game. This one should be just as exciting. Good Luck to both teams. I like Knox by 3.
Football1 Wrote:Lessons I hope the Panthers learn the easy way from Ronda Rousey's sorry performance:

There you have it.

Very Good way to put it. And that goes for every team in the playoffs. ALWAYS gotta be ready. Look for the panthers to take this rematch. Should be a great game IMO. Goodluck
I think Knox is going to win, they want revenge from last time. I think Wayne is pretty beat up from the rock game and lost their RB

Knox is pretty good and have played very good as of late

regardless both teams are good and have had great seasons
I would really like to see Knox Central win this one. It won't come easy, but I believe they get it done.

Knox Central 21 - Wayne Co. 14
I know coaches from both teams and a few of the players on both teams that were young when my boys came through. I like both teams. I'm not picking a winner because I can be a jinx on here to the one I pick to win. I just hope nobody loses any more players and everyone stays healthy. Good luck to both.

There you have it.

What makes them likely 3 A champs?
Knox Central has an excellent team, but I think to Wayne County's credit they find ways to win games. They might rush for 250 yards, could pass for 150 yards, or maybe they return a punt and recover an interception in the end zone for a touchdown???? Knox Central has a very good team and they have been the region favorites since August, but nothing will be easy at Jewell Field. After watching football at Wayne County almost since they started in 1969.......you get in a chess match with Shawn Thompson, he don't lose often. Safe travels and Go Cards!
This game boils down to which Panther teams decides to show up!!

If Knox Central can keep their focus, then they will win this game by 2 scores.

If they cannot stop those crazy fumbles, they will lose by just as many.

I'm going to stick to Knox Central!!

Here's to an injury free contest, and go Panthers!!
pjdoug Wrote:What makes them likely 3 A champs?
They have not lost a game since we beat them and have posted impressive wins over tough teams like St X. Who can stop them in 3A?
Wayne win at Home in a close game Knox has played a great schedule but turnovers will be key in this one. Wayne 27 Knox 20
If Knox gets their power run game going turnovers for the panthers won't be much of issue. Its when they have to throw too much that they throw the int.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
I notice that Donavan Arthur only rush the ball 3 times against Wayne last game was he hurt or was Knox Central saving him for the Corbin game. Lol....Donavan Arthur is a game changer for sure in my book. :worthy:
Heard at work the Wayne co rb broke his collar bone during Rockcastle game

I give edge to Knox
They are good when on their game