Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central @ Scott 11/20/2015
I should get some type of commission for as many facts I post and research I do for this team.

Just sayin'.....
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
I think Johnson has this one, their schedule won't hurt them in this game.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:If there are no Scott fans....

Ashland fans, how does Scott compare to JC?

Scott is not as aggressive. Soft secondary.
tomcat4life Wrote:Scott is not as aggressive. Soft secondary.
They had 2 interceptions and a fumble recovery in the secondary against Ashland..Not to mention 46 has well over 100 tackles on the season was All NKY All District and a Cincinnati Enquirer all star last year.. They are without a Denodre Pleasent who is a force both sides of the ball however. Upfront they have Tucker and Rice who are both over 300 lbs. Rice moves very very well too.
Very simple for JC. Do your thing and don't turn it over and you win by 14-20. Scott will adjust and play you well but as I said in another thread, they have no idea what downhill rushing is all about. JC is bigger and deeper and will lead early. When you get the lead don't let up. Don't put it on the ground and you win.
It may be close! At first, then JC will continue to score and never let up! Won't be pretty for Scott Co by the time the 4th rolls around!

Johnson Central 58
Scott 10
Johnson Central in a rout. 35-14.
Scott will be better than you think and they will not quit. Don't take this lightly. If JC takes care of business they win by 2-3 touchdowns.
Grass or turf field
Turf.
Visitor speakers almost as loud as yours. Hahahaha
Scott's W/L record from 1998-2014.

1998: 2-8
1999: 2-8
2000: 0-10
2001: 0-10
2002: 4-8 (2nd round Playoffs)
2003: 2-8
2004: 2-8
2005: 2-8
2006: 1-9
2007: 4-7 (1st round Playoffs)
2008: 4-6
2009: 2-9 (1st round Playoffs)
2010: 2-9 (1st round Playoffs)
2011: 4-6 (1st round Playoffs)
2012: 5-6 (1st round Playoffs)
2013: 7-4 (1st round Playoffs)
2014: 6-4 (1st round Playoffs)

Being in Kenton County, I would say having to compete against Covington Catholic, Simon Kenton, Covington Holmes, Holy Cross (Covington) & Dixie Heights for athletes is hard. Not too mention the other NKY schools.
How accurate is this shot of Scott's football stadium?

[Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/att...1447691606]
JC's & Scott's schedule this year.

[Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/att...1447692373]

[Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/att...1447692373]
I'm enjoying phrases such as the " dismantling of Scott. " The Scott Eagles are a very good 4A team who I've seen dismantle other NKY teams.

Regardless how Matney wants to spin it....the underdog role will not fly all pun intended. Whether a golden eagle or Scott Eagle this is going to be a heckuva battle.

Scott is well coached and uses the same old school run misdirection jc has in years past when I've seen them play. The difference from years past and this season is Scotts players have completely bought into a hard nosed, aggressive, style of play that didn't exist before. I'm paraphrasing one of their coaches. And when necessary they complete passes when you least expect it. They have good athletes on both sides of the ball that step up when needed!

Both squads are very similar! I'm torn between the Lloyd-NCC game and this one to attend this week. My Dixie Heights Colonels concluded their season last week in Ft. Thomas. Some of you can relate...

I don't see the winner in this one winning by 2 TDs. This fantastic kicker folks speak of may be the difference for jc?

Note to traveling JC faithful:

You all have within less than 10 mins away from the hs a BW3s, Texas Roadhouse, Frischs, Subway, LaRosas Pizza, Skyline Chili, and others...

Be careful on the journey up, the deer rut is showing signs of starting this week and the chase will be on!

I'll let you know if I decide on the Scott-JC game by midweek. I'd enjoy drinking a couple "beverages," with you all. I'll even buy a few rounds of Milk for Pulp...Confusednicker:

This will be a barn burner folks...have fun and enjoy! :Thumbs:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
Okay, I've thought about this one for a while, and I agree with Spirit. I think it's going to be a very competitive game.

However, at the final buzzer, I do think the Golden Eagles will soar!!

Johnson County Central by 10!

Good luck to both teams for an injury free contest.
washed up Wrote:Turf.

Excellent facility, brand new and one of nicest in NKY!
Spirit100 Wrote:I'm enjoying phrases such as the " dismantling of Scott. " The Scott Eagles are a very good 4A team who I've seen dismantle other NKY teams.

Regardless how Matney wants to spin it....the underdog role will not fly all pun intended. Whether a golden eagle or Scott Eagle this is going to be a heckuva battle.

Scott is well coached and uses the same old school run misdirection jc has in years past when I've seen them play. The difference from years past and this season is Scotts players have completely bought into a hard nosed, aggressive, style of play that didn't exist before. I'm paraphrasing one of their coaches. And when necessary they complete passes when you least expect it. They have good athletes on both sides of the ball that step up when needed!

Both squads are very similar! I'm torn between the Lloyd-NCC game and this one to attend this week. My Dixie Heights Colonels concluded their season last week in Ft. Thomas. Some of you can relate...

I don't see the winner in this one winning by 2 TDs. This fantastic kicker folks speak of may be the difference for jc?

Note to traveling JC faithful:

You all have within less than 10 mins away from the hs a BW3s, Texas Roadhouse, Frischs, Subway, LaRosas Pizza, Skyline Chili, and others...

Be careful on the journey up, the deer rut is showing signs of starting this week and the chase will be on!

I'll let you know if I decide on the Scott-JC game by midweek. I'd enjoy drinking a couple "beverages," with you all. I'll even buy a few rounds of Milk for Pulp...Confusednicker:

This will be a barn burner folks...have fun and enjoy! :Thumbs:

LaRosa's pizza is the selling point for me on making the drive!!!!!!

Milk or AdvoCare Spark... it doesn't matter :biggrin:
Granny Bear Wrote:Okay, I've thought about this one for a while, and I agree with Spirit. I think it's going to be a very competitive game.

However, at the final buzzer, I do think the Golden Eagles will soar!!

Johnson County Central by 10!

Good luck to both teams for an injury free contest.

I'm gonna blame Granny Bear's "Sometimers" not "AllTheTimers" for calling us Johnson County Central..... :biggrin:

We're just plain ole' Johnson Central.
If johnson central puts pressure on the qb and if they can stop the reverse that Scott ran on ashland all night central should win easily!
Pulp Fiction Wrote:I'm gonna blame Granny Bear's "Sometimers" not "AllTheTimers" for calling us Johnson County Central..... :biggrin:

We're just plain ole' Johnson Central.

That was/is absolutely a dig at your announcer!! Confusednicker:

Harlan County NOT Harlan County Central

Good luck Johnson Central!!!
Granny Bear Wrote:That was/is absolutely a dig at your announcer!! Confusednicker:

Harlan County NOT Harlan County Central

Good luck Johnson Central!!!

How would you know little lady..... somebody didn't make the trip this year and bring my pumpkin CAKE.
We expect a battle. I hope everyone is 100% ready to go. Looking forward to coming to NKY Friday night. Go Eagles. Golden Eagles, that is.

On a side note, I remember announcing our home game against Scott a few years ago when I still had the mic, and the name Sowder, I will not forget. Because I think I called it 60 times.
Diogenes..... you had the best music man with Mr. TC

I know I will be in his shadows for as long as I have the Aux. cord.

With that said, we would have been the Tag Team Champions of the Mic & Music.... throw in CH on the scoreboard and we would have our own banner hanging for being so awesome!!!! Big Grin
Pulp Fiction Wrote:How accurate is this shot of Scott's football stadium?

That's it. Visitors side is at the top. Very nice place to watch a game. I think they even serve Johnsonville bratson the concourse level.
This is not the same Scott team as past years. The program has made great strides and the players are on board. In years past it would be easy to get them to fold. I don't see this now. It should be a well faught game with neither side blowing the other out.
I look for Roberto London and Nelson Perrin to have big games and score some tds both players are very good. JC will have their hands full with 300 pound Ron Rice and 320 pound Gage Tucker.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:How accurate is this shot of Scott's football stadium?

That is it.
I have JC in this one.
Really pulling for JC in this game! Would Love to see 2 State Titles come home to Johnson Co in 1A and 4A! That would be a good season! Something at this point is quite possible but no one is going to law down for either team! Both the Eagles and Tigers have a few battles to get through! Hopefully everyone stays healthy and we get to see a few more great football games to come!