Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence Co. At. Belfry
This season will be like the past, first game will be respectable, but the second not even close.
Belfry-48
LC-14

Dalton brothers will get loose a couple of times because they are great athletes. No way LC shuts Belfry down without the help of turnovers.
PaytoPlay Wrote:FWIW - I LOVE the "Red Army" nickname.
Red Army: Seems I heard of them, about seventy years ago, tried to take over the WORLD, but we stopped them, sure glad we did for all our sakes.
I really wish Belfry's players and coaches were as arrogant as their fans and the band wagon jumpers are on here. Listening to all the static on here one would think Belfry should seriously consider leaving high school football and look into turning their team into a new NFL franchise. After the 1st meeting this year a lot of folks were ready to abandon ship and now a few weeks later they are back to chest thumping again. Assuming you are going to blow out everyone you play is a good way to get beat whether it be by LC or someone else down the line.
With all due respect we have every reason to think we will blow you out Friday. Anytime recently we have played down to a district opponent in he regular season and it's been a close game, the rematch in the playoffs has been pretty lopsided. You earn the right to be arrogant and boast and brag when you have a history that allows you to back that up. Sorry. Facts are facts. If we hold on to the football we will win Friday and we will win BIG.
0ff The Chain Wrote:I really wish Belfry's players and coaches were as arrogant as their fans and the band wagon jumpers are on here. Listening to all the static on here one would think Belfry should seriously consider leaving high school football and look into turning their team into a new NFL franchise. After the 1st meeting this year a lot of folks were ready to abandon ship and now a few weeks later they are back to chest thumping again. Assuming you are going to blow out everyone you play is a good way to get beat whether it be by LC or someone else down the line.

So, at the beginning of the year there was no Lawrence County fans boasting how great they where going to be and this was the year? As far as the picks of blowouts, only 2 came from Belfry fans. If a sports board gets you this worked up, then something is wrong:eyeroll:
Here is my honest opinion without being a SmartA$$ lol. The game a few weeks ago don't mean jack. Yeah we fumbled. Yeah LC didn't turn it into points. But If We fumble like that again they very well could. Now LC did create some of them fumbles. But still didn't capitalize. So now both Coaching Staffs have a film to look at and will prepare accordingly. If we play like we have been I see a comfortable win. But I know LC and they are gonna come ready to play a ball game. We are district foes. That's how it's suppose to be. But one thing we can agree on. Our district is better than that other one. Lol. Hope for a injury free game and all the boys play to their potential. Go Pirates!!!!!
i love this running clock stuff. thats all we heard 1st game. lc had lead with less than 3 minutes. belfry may win but it is not a foregone conclusion. i would be surprised if there is a running clock in this game.
Most of the running clock talk is not coming from true Belfry fans, maybe a couple of high score picks from Belfry fans. Belfry respects LC and knows they are going to come to play. No need of getting worked up over it.
I really think Coach Cecil has done a good job with this year's team. I was really hard on him in the past, but he has more than proven me wrong. Lawrence County is defenitely on the correct path to becoming a state contender. I think they may have a few holes this year that could prevent that, however, their athletic ability will keep them in a lot of games against good competition. With that said, I think Belfry has an X-factor when it comes to playing a team more than once in the same season, and that X-factor being Phillip Haywood. He is one of, if not, the best coach in the state when it comes to making adjustments. He seems to have impeccable instincts when it relates to scouting an opponent, especially in a "rematch" situation. Don't get me wrong, Coach Cecil is very capable with adjustments as well, but right now that alone gives Belfry an advantage in this game. The JC/Belfry game is a good indication of where Belfry is at right now in the season, and I would not want to be the coach on the opposite side at this point in the playoffs. I would not be surprised to see Belfry put a running clock on LC, but that would mean they came out playing "mistake-free" football, and that is difficult no matter who you are. I also think LC has enough athletes to match-up well with their skill position players. This game, like most in eastern KY, will be determined in the trenches. Should be a great game.
Despite the 7 fumbles...Belfry's defense was actually the straw that continued to stir Belfry's drink in the first contest. I simply don't see that changing. If LC can somehow establish a consistent running game...this game wont be decided until the 4th quarter. However...If they can't establish the run.....they will not beat Belfry passing the ball. You have to run the ball to beat Belfry. Simple as that.

Belfry 38
LC 20
Crossbones Wrote:So, at the beginning of the year there was no Lawrence County fans boasting how great they where going to be and this was the year? As far as the picks of blowouts, only 2 came from Belfry fans. If a sports board gets you this worked up, then something is wrong:eyeroll:

never said I was worked up nor did I say all belfry fans.... I did say some and a few band wagon jumpers.....still may be lc's year but I will wait and see after friday . Belfry is a great team and gets all the respect they have coming to them but that doesn't mean everyone should just bow down and crown them before they have done it. I was mainly commenting that I hope Belfry's team has already overlooked LC also. Judging by how quick a dozen or so responses came flying it doesn't seem like I am the one that is worked up. :notworthy
baseball1974 Wrote:I really think Coach Cecil has done a good job with this year's team. I was really hard on him in the past, but he has more than proven me wrong. Lawrence County is defenitely on the correct path to becoming a state contender. I think they may have a few holes this year that could prevent that, however, their athletic ability will keep them in a lot of games against good competition. With that said, I think Belfry has an X-factor when it comes to playing a team more than once in the same season, and that X-factor being Phillip Haywood. He is one of, if not, the best coach in the state when it comes to making adjustments. He seems to have impeccable instincts when it relates to scouting an opponent, especially in a "rematch" situation. Don't get me wrong, Coach Cecil is very capable with adjustments as well, but right now that alone gives Belfry an advantage in this game. The JC/Belfry game is a good indication of where Belfry is at right now in the season, and I would not want to be the coach on the opposite side at this point in the playoffs. I would not be surprised to see Belfry put a running clock on LC, but that would mean they came out playing "mistake-free" football, and that is difficult no matter who you are. I also think LC has enough athletes to match-up well with their skill position players. This game, like most in eastern KY, will be determined in the trenches. Should be a great game.
agreed....LC will have to do some different things in this game because Haywood is too good of coach to get old tricks by him. Honestly though I don't think it comes down to the play called as much as it does for our receivers just making plays. As good as it would be to be able to be balanced and run on Belfry, I just don't see that happening unless LC can spread them out and have them playing back trying to stop the pass 1st.
0ff The Chain Wrote:agreed....LC will have to do some different things in this game because Haywood is too good of coach to get old tricks by him. Honestly though I don't think it comes down to the play called as much as it does for our receivers just making plays. As good as it would be to be able to be balanced and run on Belfry, I just don't see that happening unless LC can spread them out and have them playing back trying to stop the pass 1st.

If LC does come out with a passing attack against Belfry I don't think the receivers will be the issue. I think it will come down to how long LC has to get rid of the ball. If they don't establish some type of run early Belfry will have their number. I think the only succesful passing attack LC will have against them will be short-yardage screen and hitch plays and let the receivers use their athleticism to beat their guy one-on-one. If they do that enough they'll probably be able to get one or two deep balls just off the DB's cheating on the short yardage. However, the big boys up-front may not let anything like that happen anyway. He's going to need to get rid of the ball in three seconds or less or it'll get ugly quick.
This team has came together sense the last time they meet. I myself do not underestimate Lawrence Co. they will come to play. But Belfry is playing like there mad about something and I would hate to be on the other side of the ball. Go Belfry!!!
I am pulling for Belfry! I believe they will win this one!!
Go Dawgs!
E's Army Wrote:Bowling Green is east of Lawrence County. Belfry is East of Lawrence County. This must be the twilight zone. You can't get to Bowling Green from Lawrence County without traveling east to Belfry. Pirates by 21

I didn't know Bowling Green was in West Virginia.
KyRock2 Wrote:I take a dime bag of what you're smoking!!

:thatsfunn
Dawgfan123 Wrote:Fox News, should get some of these Belfry posters, they sure can spread the B S. Hahahaha

Confusednicker:Confusednicker:
bigcat95 Wrote:Pirates have arguably the best offensive and defensive lines in the state. I don't think it will matter which back you key on. I say bucs by a lot!

arguably for sure.
Hate to miss my Pirates this Fri. night, but I believe they have this. Go Pirates!!! :popcorn:
Crossbones Wrote:So, at the beginning of the year there was no Lawrence County fans boasting how great they where going to be and this was the year? As far as the picks of blowouts, only 2 came from Belfry fans. If a sports board gets you this worked up, then something is wrong:eyeroll:

:okay:
0ff The Chain Wrote:never said I was worked up nor did I say all belfry fans.... I did say some and a few band wagon jumpers.....still may be lc's year but I will wait and see after friday . Belfry is a great team and gets all the respect they have coming to them but that doesn't mean everyone should just bow down and crown them before they have done it. I was mainly commenting that I hope Belfry's team has already overlooked LC also. Judging by how quick a dozen or so responses came flying it doesn't seem like I am the one that is worked up. :notworthy

Lord no I'm not worked up. I could care,less about what people say on a message board and I never make a pick in the threads. Any team can be beat on any night, that is for sure. Just play the game and let the chips fall.
pjdoug Wrote::okay:

I thought you said Boyle was going to win it all and to remember that you said so. You havn't even posted in those threads.:popcorn:
What is the injury situation for the Dawgs......Keesee is out for the year with ACL?? Why did Richardson #2 not play against West Carter & who else will not be available that played in the earlier game against the Pirates??
Brandon Richardson played last Friday
Crossbones Wrote:I thought you said Boyle was going to win it all and to remember that you said so. You havn't even posted in those threads.:popcorn:

They are going to win it all. I haven't been on here to post in threads:rage::rage:
pjdoug Wrote:They are going to win it all. I haven't been on here to post in threads:rage::rage:

Where have ya been...you missed a big weekend of football.
bigcat95 Wrote:Pirates have arguably the best offensive and defensive lines in the state. I don't think it will matter which back you key on. I say bucs by a lot!
don't let the kid at Paintsville(that's going to UK) hear u say,lol he thinks he has that in Paintsville,sorry about his luck..