Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central @ Scott 11/20/2015
Looks like a road trip for the Eagle faithful. What is everyone's thought. Pulp Fiction to respond in 3...2...
JC has to travel 3 hours north to play a team that beat a team JC only beat by one earlier. I do not think JC can come into this game with the thought that they are huge favorite and going to win easily. Last couple years JC has come into this round with good record but over rated. This will be an interesting game to watch.
sstack Wrote:JC has to travel 3 hours north to play a team that beat a team JC only beat by one earlier. I do not think JC can come into this game with the thought that they are huge favorite and going to win easily. Last couple years JC has come into this round with good record but over rated. This will be an interesting game to watch.
JC will bring something that Ashland did not have. JC is healthy and unless the bus pulls out of Paintsville without Matney, the outcome of this game will not be in doubt by the third quarter. That is just my opinion and you can bet that Johnson Central's players will de-bus convinced that they are underdogs who are getting no respect.
This game will be closer than most think. Johnson Central doesn't have many signature wins over good teams. Seger says Ashland isn't any good and JC beat them by 1. Belfry crushed JC. I think Johnson Central can win, but it won't be easy.
I hope I'm wrong .I would love to see 3 mountain teams in bowling green but I say Scott by 10 .
nekysportsfan Wrote:This game will be closer than most think. Johnson Central doesn't have many signature wins over good teams. Seger says Ashland isn't any good and JC beat them by 1. Belfry crushed JC. I think Johnson Central can win, but it won't be easy.

Don't confuse Seger's unmerciful razzing of the Tomcat fan base (which they rightfully earn) with reality.

There's a big difference in "acting" a fool, and "being" a fool...I will admit that I am more than guilty of waaay over sensationalizing the former. I'll reserve the fool label to the opposition for their yearly antics that makes them such easy and enjoyable targets.....Even you must admit they walk right into it.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:JC will bring something that Ashland did not have. JC is healthy and unless the bus pulls out of Paintsville without Matney, the outcome of this game will not be in doubt by the third quarter. That is just my opinion and you can bet that Johnson Central's players will de-bus convinced that they are underdogs who are getting no respect.

Matney must have missed the bus to belfry!!
dawg fan Wrote:Matney must have missed the bus to belfry!!
No, I think that he was there. Scott is not Belfry. Neither is Lawrence County.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:JC will bring something that Ashland did not have. JC is healthy and unless the bus pulls out of Paintsville without Matney, the outcome of this game will not be in doubt by the third quarter. That is just my opinion and you can bet that Johnson Central's players will de-bus convinced that they are underdogs who are getting no respect.

Not to dispute you Hoot, but Workman is nowhere near 100 pct. He hasn't been asked to do a whole lot on his bad knee yet. I would think he would be further along come Friday night and I think that his improved health with the Matney factor as you said will be enough for the Eagles.
nekysportsfan Wrote:This game will be closer than most think. Johnson Central doesn't have many signature wins over good teams. Seger says Ashland isn't any good and JC beat them by 1. Belfry crushed JC. I think Johnson Central can win, but it won't be easy.

We have another member of the strength of schedule law firm :Thumbs:
bucslover68 Wrote:Not to dispute you Hoot, but Workman is nowhere near 100 pct. He hasn't been asked to do a whole lot on his bad knee yet. I would think he would be further along come Friday night and I think that his improved health with the Matney factor as you said will be enough for the Eagles.
I have only been able to make it to the Ashland game. I had hoped that Workman was getting closer to 100 percent. At least Blanton had a couple of games under center while Workman was recovering.

There was no excuse for Ashland squandering an 18 point lead and losing to Scott. The Tomcats had plenty of athletes to have developed a more diverse offense (and depth) and a quarterback who could throw the ball down field this season. Putting a freshman QB into a playoff game and expecting him to lead a comeback effort was an act of desperation. Putting a player into the game who had been withheld from the game because of an injury was even worse.

I have never coached a single football game, but I know that it sends the wrong message to your starting QB when you call halfback passes, not to catch your opponent off guard, but because you have no confidence in your QB's arm.

If Scott wins next week, it will not win because Coach Matney panics if JC falls behind.
If JC Is healthy, they methodically dismantle Scott.
THOMCAT Wrote:Looks like a road trip for the Eagle faithful. What is everyone's thought. Pulp Fiction to respond in 3...2...

The All-Time JC vs. Scott series
JC leads 2-0. All games have been @ JC & in the playoffs.

11/6/09 - JC 62-41. 5A 1st round.
11/5/10 - JC 47-13. 5A 1st round.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
The Eagle's will win this one.
From the 2004 season to Present.
Counting the past Regular Seasons (119) & Playoff games (27).

With 146 games played, Coach Matney has a 117-29 W/L record at JC.
Johnson Central 35
Scott 14

And by the way Knox County Central is coming Pulp Fiction :Cheerlead
One game at a time 64SUR..... One game at a time.
The Johnson Central Golden Eagles
[Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/att...1447537734]

VS.

The Scott Eagles
JC wins this one 42-21
JC by 14
JC's playoff record the last three seasons.
2014 - 2nd round 4A.
2013 - 2nd round 4A.
2012 - 2nd round 4A.

Scott's playoff record the last three seasons.
2014 - 1st round 5A.
2013 - 1st round 5A.
2012 - 1st round 5A.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:The Johnson Central Golden Eagles

VS.

The Scott Eagles

Glad you posted it the way it's supposed to be Pulp..

We are the Golden Eagles, not the Bald Eagles.

Cant figure out why we started putting images of Bald Eagles around the school.
Bob Seger Wrote:Glad you posted it the way it's supposed to be Pulp..

We are the Golden Eagles, not the Bald Eagles.

Cant figure out why we started putting images of Bald Eagles around the school.

Lol Mr. Seger.......

I for one would LOVE to see our colors return back to the Gold & Black.

The yellow is good for a 'once in a while' use.... but Black & Gold are our school colors.

The Gold Notre Dame color helmet (I know one of JC's coaches would love that)
With Gold pants and the usual Black home jersey & White road jersey.
JC on a mission this year.
Do what the Tomcats couldn't get done go to Northern KY and get the W.

JC 35 -
bald eagles- 14
If the tomcats had a coach like matney tge would of came home with the win
Whoever wins this game is playing in bowling green! With that said I'll pick JC by 10.
JC 32 Scott 15
Are there any Scott fans on this board?
If there are no Scott fans....

Ashland fans, how does Scott compare to JC?
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Are there any Scott fans on this board?

Yes! I think these 2 are evenly matched. Should be a fun one in the Eagles Next! I got to watch a Scott and JC lineman pound on each other at a UK camp last year can't wait for the rematch between the 2 Friday.
Oh and for those interested there is a brand new Larosas right off the exit in Taylor Mill.