Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Private Schools have taken over... A look at State Titles so far this school year
LCC Wrote:Cow utters? Good for the teeth and bones
That is udder nonsense.
The Eagle has landed Wrote:haha haha you are telling me that private schools don't recruit? Julian isn't going to do anything about it just like when some coaches scrimmaged 4 or 5 times at camp they just got a slap on the wrist. Oh and I don't think private schools are the only ones that recruit I know some guys that have won more that 2 state titles that have been doing it for years.

Then all your crying on here is worthless. What you are saying isn't real but if it was what you really are crying about is that your school is too lazy to recruit. If nothing is being done about recruiting go recruit someone and shut up.
Have 4 classes of public schools and 2 for private that way the smaller private schools would not have to compete with the large Louisville schools like st x and trinity. We would still have 6 classes total so the state championship s would not be watered down. It would give a lot more public schools especially the larger ones more even competition
From 2001 through 2012 & 2014.... Class 4A/6A was won by either Trinity or St. Xavier.

The University of Toyota (Scott County) won 6A in 2013.

If you're keeping score at home, that is fourteen straight seasons that of 4A/6A has been won by two Louisville area Catholic schools and Scott County.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
2007 was the first season of the 6 Class system....

Here is a break down of the 48 state football championships that have been won.

WKY: 11
NKY: 12
L-Ville Metro: 14
L-Ville surrounding: 1
CKY: 5
EKY: 5
no I am saying my school has a fine upstanding coach who doesn't cheat!!!!! So you are a law breaker, that is what you want your child to learn? That if you cant beat them join them son, cheat like they do.
The Eagle has landed Wrote:no I am saying my school has a fine upstanding coach who doesn't cheat!!!!! So you are a law breaker, that is what you want your child to learn? That if you cant beat them join them son, cheat like they do.

Yeah, but everybody plays under the same rules. Teach your kid to lie about people and make excuses instead. That's better.
Just going with Pulp's list of teams that have won a state championship so far this school year.... If I may ask, how does one school/ program recruit girls and boys cross country, volleyball, golf, soccer and of all thing FIELD HOCKEY? I mean does a coach go a gold course and look for someone and tells a kid " Hey your putting game is nice " or goes to a trail and looks for runners and tell them " Hey your running form is awesome ". or goes to a soccer complex and tells a kid " Hey nice header "..... Do other schools, private or public even have a FIELD HOCKEY, golf, cross country etc program?
FBfan4life Wrote:Just going with Pulp's list of teams that have won a state championship so far this school year.... If I may ask, how does one school/ program recruit girls and boys cross country, volleyball, golf, soccer and of all thing FIELD HOCKEY? I mean does a coach go a gold course and look for someone and tells a kid " Hey your putting game is nice " or goes to a trail and looks for runners and tell them " Hey your running form is awesome ". or goes to a soccer complex and tells a kid " Hey nice header "..... Do other schools, private or public even have a FIELD HOCKEY, golf, cross country etc program?

Field Hockey is new this year to the KHSAA. Going from the Riherds scoreboard... 18 schools have field hockey. I think this is an all girls sport. And all the teams are L-Ville metro/L-Ville surrounding area.

Golf, XC, Soccer is pretty popular across the state. Not sure how many schools have a team of each, but I would say 65%+ of KHSAA member schools have these sports for boys & girls.
I was just reading another thread in reference to Belfry HS having West Virginia players on their roster... I have no insight on this subject, but if it's true then how come this is not an issue on this thread? Belfry is a public school right and wins tons of games and championship? Can someone enlighten us?
FBfan4life Wrote:I was just reading another thread in reference to Belfry HS having West Virginia players on their roster... I have no insight on this subject, but if it's true then how come this is not an issue on this thread? Belfry is a public school right and wins tons of games and championship? Can someone enlighten us?

Better yet cornhusker, just tell us all how ya'll do it down there on the farm.

:popcorn:
Ohh geesh. He we go again. The annual whining about public vs private thread. As someone said before. If you think a particular school is recruiting, then report them. Easy. But it's so much easier to get on a message board, and cry like a baby and throw out ridiculous accusations. The R word shouldn't even be tolerated on this board. The mods should clean it up. This board is a fraction of what it used to be, because of some of the complainers and whiners. Only 2 private schools won football championships last year. This year, there is a pretty good chance that none will win. It could be a 6 class sweep for the public schools. You want to split the privates up, why don't we just break down the state championships by regions. Lets have a Western side State Champion, A Louisville State Champion, Ohh a Northern State champion, since none of the Lex schools can compete, lets have a Lexington State Champion too, along with a Southern, and of course the Mountain State Champions. That way everyone can feel good about their teams having a fair shot.
If Private schools can actively recruit students for academics, but the same students can also play sports...... that is not right.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:If Private schools can actively recruit students for academics, but the same students can also play sports...... that is not right.

Most of the kids that you are complaining about have gone to private faith based schools their entire life. There is no recruiting.
ColtPride Wrote:Most of the kids that you are complaining about have gone to private faith based schools their entire life. There is no recruiting.

"Most of the kids" doesn't make up an entire sports team.

I don't have an issue with Private faith based schools. IMO, the world would be a better place if more kids went to a Private faith based schools.

But if Private faith based schools don't have to adhere the same rules that Public schools do, then that is not right.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:"Most of the kids" doesn't make up an entire sports team.

I don't have an issue with Private faith based schools. IMO, the world would be a better place if more kids went to a Private faith based schools.

But if Private faith based schools don't have to adhere the same rules that Public schools do, then that is not right.

What rules are they not adhering to? Again if you have proof of a particular school not adhering to the rules. Report them!
ColtPride Wrote:What rules are they not adhering to? Again if you have proof of a particular school not adhering to the rules. Report them!

Judging by your Username and Avatar, you are a DeSales fan. Which is under the direction of the Diocese of Louisville.

I'm not an expert on the laws/regulations of Public schools vs. Private schools.
But if a Private school doesn't receive federal tax money, doesn't that give Private schools the option to do whatever they choose within the guidance of their school board or governing body?

Different curriculum, different dress code, different meals.

Correct me if I'm wrong... but doesn't Private schools have the ability to 'recruit' students for academics opportunities. But let's just say that one of those students may be a Div. 1 level basketball player from another District, County or even a different State. Going to a school, Public or Private, for better academic reasons is a no-brainer. But going to a Private school under the illusion of academics with the intent to play athletics is wrong.
I'm not an expert on the laws/regulations of Public schools vs. Private schools.
B
Agreed. Let's just leave it there.
If you think that the best players on Trinitys team have always gone to the catholic schools I think you have another thing coming. But the bottom line is they have kids from everywhere even ANOTHER STATE and other 6A schools don't have that. I will say it again THEY HAVE A CITY OF OVER 1 MILL TO GET PLAYERS FROM AND THEY DO.
And Coltpride so you are one of those guys if you don't agree with someone you want to silence them. It is a free country and there is injustice going on in 6A football and you want people that are against catholic schools to be silenced, I think our constitution gives us the right to speak out about injustice. If you are to stupid or just don't care it is obvious that 6A football belongs to private schools and the public schools have about a 5% chance to win it. Its a monopoly.
Mayfield, Belfry, Highlands, Pikeville, Beechwood,Boyle County, Danville, Scott County, Male, Bowling Green, Caldwell County, Murray, and Manual are all typically top ranked teams in their respective classes and several state championships have been won between all of these schools so if private schools are so much better shouldn't none of the schools listed above have ever won a state championship?

If you don't like losing to those teams get better simple as that. Hire better coaches, put in better systems, and use better conditioning programs. This argument goes so much deeper than sports. What is really being debated is class stratification. All these arguments do is teach kids from public schools that they are inferior to the private schools and it is ok to blame it on "the man" for cheating them. If you really don't want to lose to these teams then do something about it instead of crying on a message board.

I saw somewhere in a previous post that publics in other states would crush the private schools here. If that is the case then why can't the public schools do it here if public schools from other states can? Like it or not this system is here to stay and either get better and compete or teach kids it's ok to make excuses for so called unfair advantages. In life things are rarely fair and it is an injustice to the kids to teach them to complain about the hand that is dealt instead of learning how to adapt and improve.
And for the record I am a public school graduate.
The Eagle has landed Wrote:And Coltpride so you are one of those guys if you don't agree with someone you want to silence them. It is a free country and there is injustice going on in 6A football and you want people that are against catholic schools to be silenced, I think our constitution gives us the right to speak out about injustice. If you are to stupid or just don't care it is obvious that 6A football belongs to private schools and the public schools have about a 5% chance to win it. Its a monopoly.

Ohh geesh. The turnip truck just took off and left you. You want to cry about that too? Don't talk to me about the constitution. I took the oath to defend the constitution. Did you? Ohh and I bet my dad is badder than your dad!
You keep singling out Trinity. If you know what you think you know, then report them. Newsflash Einstein. Yes trinity is private, but are you aware that there are no boundaries for the public schools in Jefferson County either. I know a lot of kids who went to Male that lived in PRP. You want to separate Male too? How about Manuel, Butler. Lets just separate every team that can beat your team. Better yet lets get rid of the 6 classes, and go back to 4.
The Eagle has landed Wrote:If you think that the best players on Trinitys team have always gone to the catholic schools I think you have another thing coming. But the bottom line is they have kids from everywhere even ANOTHER STATE and other 6A schools don't have that. I will say it again THEY HAVE A CITY OF OVER 1 MILL TO GET PLAYERS FROM AND THEY DO.

Even another state? Those. those.. lawbreakers! Wait! I live in Indiana, so does my son. He played for DeSales. He's in biiiiiig trouble!
Scott Co. has won 1 and the year before they won that one Trinity had a running clock on them in the state title game. Scott Co. is the biggest school in the state of Kentucky also. And yes if your son is from another state he should not be aloud to play in Kentucky. Male and Manuel have over 2500 applicants a year of which they take 500 and that comes from one of there coaches. I know of no public school anywhere in Kentucky that has that. BG is independent like Highlands and they take kids from other school districts and if you look I am sure you will find they play sports. Belfry has kids that live in WV. And yes you take Trinity and X to the south and they would get smoked by those schools cause in the south football is king where schools have 20000 seat stadiums and coaching staff with 15 on staff and in the school. And talk all the smack about them playing teams from Indiana and Ohio it aint the same and they know it so they wont go down to GA, ALA, FLA, LA, TX and on and on and on. Again since 1975 Trinity or X have won 30 big school state titles. You just think they have the best coaching staff is why they win, again let your boy Bob take his my poo don't stink butt to GA and play teams with athletes and see what happens. BEATDOWN. Kentucky doesn't have those athletes that those states have in the south so they cant compete against a school that draws in athletes from the city that has the most athletes in the state of Kentucky. And again if you go to a momma that's sons goes to a school where he could be harmed and tell him come play football for us and get a great education what mother wouldn't do that?
Private schooled parents decide to separate themselves academically but want to participate athletically. I don't want my child to set in the classroom with those crazy kids but I do want them to play against them. I hate public schools but I want to play against them. Pick one or the other. Wow. They love having it both ways and fit their demands. Answer this question please. If public kids aren't good enough to set in the same classroom as your precious child why are they good enough to play against and attend college with?
LCC Wrote:Private schooled parents decide to separate themselves academically but want to participate athletically. I don't want my child to set in the classroom with those crazy kids but I do want them to play against them. I hate public schools but I want to play against them. Pick one or the other. Wow. They love having it both ways and fit their demands. Answer this question please. If public kids aren't good enough to set in the same classroom as your precious child why are they good enough to play against and attend college with?

You do know that the KHSAA oversees athletics in the state and The Kentucky Department of Education oversees Academics.
The Eagle has landed Wrote:If you think that the best players on Trinitys team have always gone to the catholic schools I think you have another thing coming. But the bottom line is they have kids from everywhere even ANOTHER STATE and other 6A schools don't have that. I will say it again THEY HAVE A CITY OF OVER 1 MILL TO GET PLAYERS FROM AND THEY DO.

From what I read on a different post, Belfry has a small handful of players from WV. That's does make it OK? And no one blinks an eye when they win state championship.
Many teams in Northern Kentucky also have students from other states (Ohio and Indiana) both Public and Private
Because its legal. When you establish a residence as a freshman it doesn't matter where it is as far as the KHSAA is concerned.