Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why Belfry has WV players
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Hey assholes, im not PJ.

Confusednicker: Sure your not!
Crossbones Wrote:It always seems to come from the same ones too. Sad that this site has came to this. It was created to let people freely talk sports without being punished by the northern ky crowd on the other site. QQ started this with a vision, and it has been awesome with the exception of the last few years with the trolls. The trolls will be the death of this site. You can tell by the exiting of some of the beginning members who got tired of the whinners and trolls.

The site has increased the number of members and visitors every single year. We just broke the all time record for most people visiting the site at once a few months ago.
No, if anything guys trolling Belfry gets you all of you on the site it appears.

I have nothing against Belfry, but its funny to watch people like PJ, who is obviously just yanking your chain get every one of you so damn mad that the only thing you can come back with is Whitley County sucks. Hell, he already knows that.

Keep biting the bait.

And no im not PJ Confusednicker: I swear im smarter.
I get more upset about being called PJ then I did about Whitley being called sucky. Confusednicker:

Im a hell of a lot prettier than that guy.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:The site has increased the number of members and visitors every single year. We just broke the all time record for most people visiting the site at once a few months ago.
No, if anything guys trolling Belfry gets you all of you on the site it appears.

I have nothing against Belfry, but its funny to watch people like PJ, who is obviously just yanking your chain get every one of you so damn mad that the only thing you can come back with is Whitley County sucks. Hell, he already knows that.

Keep biting the bait.

I have no doubt the site has increased in numbers and that is great. But quantity is not always as good as quality. But the trolls are not good for the site. If it be against Belfry or any school, it gets old after a while. It loses good members because of it. I know PJ is just yanking chains and a little ribbing here and there is ok, but when it turns the topic from football or any sport talk to just cutting on each other, what is the point.
bucslover68 Wrote:Pretty sad that 4-5 days away from Coach Haywood going for his 400th win that this crap is still going on. Oh well.
Right, and it is just as sad the way some of our own are responding. I've lost some respect reading through this thread with the petty name calling and vulgar comments.

Take the high road, guys.
Crossbones Wrote:You'll be waiting for a long time. All he wants to do is run his pie whole. He never gives any knowledgeable football talk to any thread. He just gives one liners thinking he he making people mad, but instead he just ruins the board. I miss the good old days when they would just get rid of the kids.

hole*. I don't get paid to entertain you, so a one liner is more than you're worth.:ChairHit:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Hey assholes, im not PJ.

:truestory:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:The site has increased the number of members and visitors every single year. We just broke the all time record for most people visiting the site at once a few months ago.

Keep biting the bait.

I couldn't have said it better myself. I do already know it.maybe I am you,because I sit back and laugh while the pirates get angry :hilarious:
Crossbones Wrote:I have no doubt the site has increased in numbers and that is great. But quantity is not always as good as quality. But the trolls are not good for the site. If it be against Belfry or any school, it gets old after a while. It loses good members because of it. I know PJ is just yanking chains and a little ribbing here and there is ok, but when it turns the topic from football or any sport talk to just cutting on each other, what is the point.

You, and several others claim to ignore me,but keep coming back with attempted insults which mean nothing to me :biglmao:

Keep biting the bait.

maybe prettier,but smarter is questionable,because I'm pretty intelligent Confusednicker:
Ignore button guys. Trolls will starve if not fed.
Yogi Kinder has helped Belfry become the juggernaut they are more than anyone not named Phillip Haywood
eagles2011 Wrote:I said this on another thread called the luck of living on state line and having a great coach
Why not hate on Mayfield
Covington Cath ft thomas
Beachwood all wining programs with good coach
Ashland has no reason to complain about recruiting because when your 8 grade played Johnson county a couple of the kids were from Mississippi that you had got there parents from Marshall to come help coach

Don't think Mayfield should be used in your argument. Even though there is 3 states not to awful far away, they are still to far away to claim they would go that far to go to school to play for Mayfield. Missouri is about an hour away, Illinois about 45 min, and Tennessee about a half hour. Alittle to far to comute on a daily basis just to play football. To my knowledge they never get kids coming from those states unless its your typical move from a long ways away from another state when a family moves in. Almost every out of state kid that ive seen move in the kid ends up not playing a huge role. The kid from Georgia comes to mind as he moved to Graves after 1 year when he didn't get the playing time he wanted at Mayfield. Ended up not being a star for Graves either. Mayfields players come from Mayfield with some coming from the Graves County school system. Some also leave Mayfield for other schools on occasion mostly Graves.
Tomcat Pride Wrote:If Belfry didn't have the all southern West Virginia all stars enrolled at their school they would be just like Pike Central. Please answer two simple questions. How many of your starters reside in West Virginia? Where is Corbett,Willis,Bentley,Horton and Carr from? Sure Ashland has a few move ins but the nobody can get them in like Belfry. You Belfry fans can deny it all you want but you know the truth. It's actually a perfect recipe for your success. Most schools would love to have around 20 move ins from another state on their roster every season while still playing in the KHSAA's version of the AFC South locally known as 3A East.

This is FIRE:flame::flame::flame::devilflam:devilflam:devilflam
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Yogi Kinder has helped Belfry become the juggernaut they are more than anyone not named Phillip Haywood

Let's be honest here folks. Hasn't Pikeville dipped into the Mingo and surrounding area pools and accept kids that can play.

MC need to look in the mirror due to kids deciding to play for different school's.
Like it or not if it was illegal we have enough enemies that we would have been found guilty long before any of these conversations on this website. Personally knowing the man that runs our program I cannot fathom he would stand by and let kids play illegally for our team. Maybe he should turn kids away that come to Belfry and WANT to play for us.
Still confused .... So do the ones crying think WV has better talent than KY?
Tomcat Pride Wrote:Still no answer on how many Belfry starters actually live in West Virginia. There must be a lot of them.

Three starters from the other side of the river

Corbett- Transfer from Logan During HS

Horton- Came to Belfry in 6th Grade

Bentley- Came to Belfry in Middle School, had a brother play for Belfry and his younger brother is also at Belfry Middle

Tomcat Pride Wrote:Where is Corbett,Willis,Bentley,Horton and Carr from?

This quote is pretty telling of what your agenda is,,, especially considering since you listed two kids who are exclusively from the Belfry School District and even had older brothers play at Belfry.

You sure you don't want to add Taveon Hunter and Dashawn Siggers to your list of suspects as well? Rolleyes
It's sad when one moves to a school solely for sports. So many better academically choices than Belfry in that neck of the woods.
BP2011 Wrote:Still confused .... So do the ones crying think WV has better talent than KY?

This is something I have never understood about the critique.

Does a State Line make a player instantly better?

Player A: Travels 4 miles from Williamson, WV to Belfry, KY
Player B: Travels 4 miles from Catlettsburg to Ashland
Player C: Travels 4 miles from Buckley's Creek to Pikeville

I know that Southern WV is "rolling" in football championships and playoff success over the years in smaller school football (sarcasm).. I guess that's what makes it so different. Those D-1 recruiters have been flocking to Mingo County for decades now to start a pipeline.
DevilWatcher Wrote:It's sad when one moves to a school solely for sports. So many better academically choices than Belfry in that neck of the woods.

In Mingo County? You serious Clark?

That's about as hilarious as the Ashland fan getting upset over transfers and holdbacks.

Pikeville is a great academic HS... it is also 23 miles further West. Part of this whole Tuition thing is you have to provide your own transportation. That's a 46 mile round trip to add on your morning commute.

Belfry is far from DuPont Manual... but it looks like Harvard compared to the paltry Mingo County education system.

If a kid was old enough to drive and transferred his Junior Year I could see driving to Pikeville...but as mentioned that usually isn't the kid who comes to Belfry. 90% of Belfry's "defectors" are kids who are sent by their parents in Middle School.

If you think Academics doesn't play a major part in the transfer though I am sorry, but you are just short sighted. Ask Ray Horton if academics play a role... the kid is a Governor's Scholar. For every kid who plays football at Belfry that came over in Grade School there is a kid who doesn't play a single sport who was sent to Belfry simply because it is light years ahead of the Mingo School System.
In all seriousness, I do wish Coach Haywood the best in getting his 400th victory. Great coach, more importantly great man, great servant to his community. If he could clone himself a bunch of times, the world would be a much better place.
DevilWatcher Wrote:It's sad when one moves to a school solely for sports. So many better academically choices than Belfry in that neck of the woods.
Judging by this post, I imagine you didn't attend those schools that have better academics?
No one would care if Belfry wasn't so good. It's not like they are out recruiting, kids and their parents want to be a part of what they have going on. Success breeds success.
This is the most ridiculous thread I have seen. Trolls just trying to goat Belfry fans into a frenzy. Until KHSAA has some kind of violation on Belfry, this is just stupid. Its playoff time and everyones attention is turned to players at Belfry. Focus on the games at hand this week and quiet responding to this crap! C'MON MAN!
pjdoug Wrote:You, and several others claim to ignore me,but keep coming back with attempted insults which mean nothing to me :biglmao:

I've never claimed to ignore you to my knowledge. You are not on my ignore list, no one is.
The answer is probably yes. But here's the thing, if you don't like it, find something and report it or better yet just beat them. Ppl can't stand a winner, always been that way, always will.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:In Mingo County? You serious Clark?

That's about as hilarious as the Ashland fan getting upset over transfers and holdbacks.

Pikeville is a great academic HS... it is also 23 miles further West. Part of this whole Tuition thing is you have to provide your own transportation. That's a 46 mile round trip to add on your morning commute.

Belfry is far from DuPont Manual... but it looks like Harvard compared to the paltry Mingo County education system.

If a kid was old enough to drive and transferred his Junior Year I could see driving to Pikeville...but as mentioned that usually isn't the kid who comes to Belfry. 90% of Belfry's "defectors" are kids who are sent by their parents in Middle School.

If you think Academics doesn't play a major part in the transfer though I am sorry, but you are just short sighted. Ask Ray Horton if academics play a role... the kid is a Governor's Scholar. For every kid who plays football at Belfry that came over in Grade School there is a kid who doesn't play a single sport who was sent to Belfry simply because it is light years ahead of the Mingo School System.

That's awesome!
I always like to mention in these situations that i know a particular someone who wasn't a bit athletic and graduated from Belfry (and is now attending EKU for free) and Came from WV
Dang guys, I'd comment on this topic but it seems like this is more about Belfry than MC TongueirateSho

This one went off topic big time, lol.