Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fire Tubby Petition (For Real) Here's your chance!
"corndog23" Wrote:Can you show me a team in this day and age throughout the entire country who could sustain that level of dominace for an entire decade.

My point isn't that we should stay at the top and win the title every year. That is impossible. The problem is that the program is slowly going down hill and that is the way I see it. I don't see us winning another title under Tubby with his style. We all know that the best team that he has had was the one that Pitino left for him. The decline in final four appearances has me concerned with Tubby also. His recruits have not lived up to their potential as of late and I see this could become a trend with him. May be you don't agree, but that is what I see and feel.

:ChairHit:
Dook doesn't have any problems staying at the top. Now that unc has Roy, they'll be in the top 15 every year until he retires. Connecticut now is a basketball power with no problem staying at the top. UK under Tubby?.......yeah, right.
"Yellow Snow" Wrote:Dook doesn't have any problems staying at the top. Now that unc has Roy, they'll be in the top 15 every year until he retires. Connecticut now is a basketball power with no problem staying at the top. UK under Tubby?.......yeah, right.

How many national titles has Duke won over the last 10 years? Just wondering Smile...Roy will have his team in the top 15, but according to you Tubby Bashers I thought all that mattered was a national title...So let's see if he can get one with "his own" players first before we name him one of the best coaches ever..HE didn't win any at Kanas with all that talent....

UCONN has became a powerhouse, but they won't always be that way..Give them a couple more years, and you'll see that it's nearly impossible to be a national title contender every year...

Keep trying though "yellow snow" Smile
Especially in the newly improved Big East.
Tubby is 1-8 against teams in the top 50 this season. Also, Tubby has 4 TEN LOSS SEASONS in the past 8 seasons. If you young Tubby supporters think this is UK BASKETBALL and it's acceptable to long time UK basketball fans, you're absolutely clueless.
I am not for firing Coach Smith and will not sign this petition, but if he leaves so be it. I do like the idea of the petition if nothing else to light a fire under him and let him know that the people of Kentucky are not satisfied with 10 loss seasons, 1-8 verse teams in the top 50, and the biggest, 0 wins in the NCAA tournament verse teams lower than a 5 seed since 98. This is not acceptable at UK. I still believe Tubby CAN get it done, but he needs to get in done soon, or I will be signing a petition.
"Yellow Snow" Wrote:Tubby is 1-8 against teams in the top 50 this season. Also, Tubby has 4 TEN LOSS SEASONS in the past 8 seasons. If you young Tubby supporters think this is UK BASKETBALL and it's acceptable to long time UK basketball fans, you're absolutely clueless.

4 of 9...:thumb:

Keep calling me clueless though...Smile

By the way..I'm still waiting on responses to about 7 or 8 of my messages in which I think I disproved most of everything you said...Came up with any answers yet or does a cat got ya tounge? Smile
"Yellow Snow" Wrote:Dook doesn't have any problems staying at the top. Now that unc has Roy, they'll be in the top 15 every year until he retires. Connecticut now is a basketball power with no problem staying at the top. UK under Tubby?.......yeah, right.
DOOK????
I can only wish I was still a young UK fan.
"alfus21" Wrote:4 of 9...:thumb:

Keep calling me clueless though...Smile

Check your stats bub.......In Tub's last 8 seasons, 4 of them have been 10 loss seasons......that's 50% just in case you're remedial in math. And yes, you are absolutely clueless.
I remember Duke a few years ago not being so good. they were down a couple years. Everyone has a couple down years here and there. I think they are deeper issues that some Ky rednecks have with Tubby but I won't say it. I love Tubby. We will be back on top soon.
If we were just in the top 15 every year you people would still say it wasn't good enough because we aren't in the top 10. If we were in the top 10 you would say it wasn't good enough because we weren't in the top 5. If we were #4 you would say we should be in the top 3. You are always gonan find something to whine and complain about no matter who out coach was.
"Yellow Snow" Wrote:Check your stats bub.......In Tub's last 8 seasons, 4 of them have been 10 loss seasons......that's 50% just in case you're remedial in math. And yes, you are absolutely clueless.

Ahh yes for of the LAST 8...For some reason I was thinking you said he has 4 in 8 seasons there overall...I'm clueless, and you still can't respond to 90% of my messages Smile...Go back and do that and I MIGHT respect something you say..Until then, this youngster will just keep lighting you up...
"alfus21" Wrote:Ahh yes for of the LAST 8...For some reason I was thinking you said he has 4 in 8 seasons there overall...I'm clueless, and you still can't respond to 90% of my messages Smile...Go back and do that and I MIGHT respect something you say..Until then, this youngster will just keep lighting you up...

Your arguments have the construction of a 6th grader. Like I stated earlier, put some substance in your arguments....that is if you know how.
"moofer" Wrote:I remember Duke a few years ago not being so good. they were down a couple years. Everyone has a couple down years here and there. I think they are deeper issues that some Ky rednecks have with Tubby but I won't say it. I love Tubby. We will be back on top soon.

And this has been the case since the day he was hired has nothing to do with the Wins or Loses.
"Yellow Snow" Wrote:Your arguments have the construction of a 6th grader. Like I stated earlier, put some substance in your arguments....that is if you know how.

My arguements have the construction of a 6th grader yet, I back up my opinions with facts, and I don't say things that contradict myself...My arguements cuoldn't have any more substance in them, and I have disproved most of everything you have said...It's as simple as that...Its funny that corndog has even applauded my efforts for making you look bad in your arguements, and I have exposed everything you have said because you didn't think anybody would notice some of the things youve said...

You say I have no substance yet what you say makes no sense, and other than saying "Fire Tubby" you have nothing positive to say...Earlier you said you never watched UK yet you know how every minute of every game goes...Contradiction maybe?
I signed the petition, and now would like to nominate Matthew Perry to be UK's new head coach :theman:
"1on1" Wrote:I signed the petition, and now would like to nominate Matthew Perry to be UK's new head coach :theman:

No doubt Perry would be an improvement......Smile
Wow Out of all these posts I agree with everything Corndog and Alfus has had to say. And I think some people need to learn when they just sound kind of stupid and learn when they aren't really saying anything worth while and give it up. You are making yourselves look foolish lol.
"moofer" Wrote:Wow Out of all these posts I agree with everything Corndog and Alfus has had to say. And I think some people need to learn when they just sound kind of stupid and learn when they aren't really saying anything worth while and give it up. You are making yourselves look foolish lol.

:thumb: Welcome to the good "smart" side of the bgr fan base :thumb:
Well if you all think you all are the smart side, I will stay on the other side wth Yellow Snow..seems he knows more about UK basketball than anyone.
"1on1" Wrote:Well if you all think you all are the smart side, I will stay on the other side wth Yellow Snow..seems he knows more about UK basketball than anyone.

Whatever floats your boat!
Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile

:lmao: :lmao:
"1on1" Wrote:Well if you all think you all are the smart side, I will stay on the other side wth Yellow Snow..seems he knows more about UK basketball than anyone.

I must say it's refreshing to have another 'knowledgeable poster' join us on this board. I was almost in the mindset that these 'clueless kids' had taken over.
"Yellow Snow" Wrote:I must say it's refreshing to have another 'knowledgeable poster' join us on this board. I was almost in the mindset that these 'clueless kids' had taken over.
Neither of you are knowledgable nor can you back up what yousay. Only thing I can really say about you is that you must be senile. When you can back up what you say I am more than man enough to admit it.
"Yellow Snow" Wrote:I must say it's refreshing to have another 'knowledgeable poster' join us on this board. I was almost in the mindset that these 'clueless kids' had taken over.

You can't back up one thing you say with stats or facts, and you can't respond to the thrashings I've given you over the last week with nothing more than "Until you have substance I won't argue with you" Easy way out there because you can't compete in an arguement with me or corndog because you know you can't...We expose every weak arguement you have and all you can come back and say is "those young kids dont have a clue" but in reality we are the ones with actual logically based arguements and can actually dispute everything you say with ease....:thumb:

Clueless, yet we can actually back up our arguements with ease, and don't contradict ourselves on a daily basis...
"moofer" Wrote:Neither of you are knowledgable nor can you back up what yousay. Only thing I can really say about you is that you must be senile. When you can back up what you say I am more than man enough to admit it.

Looks like we picked up a 3rd one Alfus!Smile
"corndog23" Wrote:Looks like we picked up a 3rd one Alfus!Smile

:thumb: It's good to know we have reinforcements, but it only takes one of us at a time to disprove anything yellowsnow has to say Smile
"alfus21" Wrote::thumb: It's good to know we have reinforcements, but it only takes one of us at a time to disprove anything yellowsnow has to say Smile

i think i can do it with my eyes closed. Smile
I reckon Tubby is taking a lot of criticism. My cousin lives in Lexington and she said that people were putting for sale signs in Tubby's yard.
"Wildcat_Fan19" Wrote:I reckon Tubby is taking a lot of criticism. My cousin lives in Lexington and she said that people were putting for sale signs in Tubby's yard.

Heh....I'll help him move.