Poll: Who wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Ashland
89.47%
Bourbon
10.53%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bourbon@Ashland
Bourbon.....
Any team that does not focus its defense on stopping Baker is likely to struggle. Highlands found that out last year in the playoffs. No team is going to contain Baker without making some adjustments to their normal defense.

So how many Bourbon County players were on the sidelines in its blowout loss to Paintsville?

Ashland is capable of putting a running clock on Bourbon County but if the Tomcats are upset, it will not be the first time that their season unraveled following a disappointing loss to Johnson Central. I have a feeling that is not going to happen to this year's team.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Any team that does not focus its defense on stopping Baker is likely to struggle. Highlands found that out last year in the playoffs. No team is going to contain Baker without making some adjustments to their normal defense.

So how many Bourbon County players were on the sidelines in its blowout loss to Paintsville?

Ashland is capable of putting a running clock on Bourbon County but if the Tomcats are upset, it will not be the first time that their season unraveled following a disappointing loss to Johnson Central. I have a feeling that is not going to happen to this year's team.

Agreed. They looked pretty focused at practice tonight. Both Baker and OByran were practicing.
T-CATS Wrote:Agreed. They looked pretty focused at practice tonight. Both Baker and OByran were practicing.

Not true
washed up Wrote:Not true

It came from an Ashland person so how true and sincere could that statement really have been?
T-CATS Wrote:Ashland has been practicing the wishbone most of the season along with the jumbo package (7 OL) and last week they finally used it a few times I was told ( was not their) Think this is the formations coming out party and they steam roll Bourbon County.

I wish Cov Cath had a fan like you. Actually I think you did give away a key formation you were coming out in against Highlands last year or the year before when we played you all.
checkmate9113 Wrote:It came from an Ashland person so how true and sincere could that statement really have been?

I am an Ashland person too and I am pretty transparent about things.
washed up Wrote:Not true

Not true about being focused or not true about Baker and OBryan practicing?
Ask T Cats he know the truth.
Bourbon has absolutely terrible run defense. They made Paintsville, Mad Central & Southern & GRC look like Alabama. This years Bourbon teams is not in the same universe as the back to back region champs from a couple years ago. They just don't have the horses. If weather co operates then Bourbon can score some, but they can't stop anybody against the run. Ashland can run and should be able to move the ball at will.

Ashland 52
Bourbon 34
washed up Wrote:Ask T Cats he know the truth.

:please:
WideRight05 Wrote:I wish Cov Cath had a fan like you. Actually I think you did give away a key formation you were coming out in against Highlands last year or the year before when we played you all.
Any formation will work against this Bourbon team. I am telling you Ashland doesn't have to get fancy with their run game.
Ashland 42 to 28
No one is talking about Burbon's passing game. I am Ashland all the way, but if Ashland doesn't clean up their pass defense, it could get ugly. Their qb has over 2,000+ yards this season. Let's be real, Ashland's secondary is suspect in the passing game. With Baker back there, they are 100 times better, however, if they don't play him on defense tonight to keep his ankle well, it might get a little dicy. JMO
With this weather it should be toss up. Reminds me of the infamous Johnson Central Field Goal Game.
Tomkittens (Baker) 42
Bourbon County 14
listening to the Ashland Radio Crew talk about cheerleaders at halftime was both disrespectful and disgusting
Tomcat112087 Wrote:listening to the Ashland Radio Crew talk about cheerleaders at halftime was both disrespectful and disgusting

Most things from that radio crew is disgusting. I could put headsets on my 7 yr old and 8 yr old and get more professional coverage.
PondCreekToWestwood Wrote:Most things from that radio crew is disgusting. I could put headsets on my 7 yr old and 8 yr old and get more professional coverage.

Talking about how a news crew camera man was filming the cheerleaders and why wasn't the on field guy down there with the cheerleaders. and saying the camera man was only down there cause he was a good looking guy then wondering why the cheerleaders don't come talk tto them. The whole conversation was a sexual joke involving 14-17 year old girls I'm 28 way younger than this crew and find this disgusting I'm so mad I don't want to listen to the rest of this game.
Tomcat112087 Wrote:listening to the Ashland Radio Crew talk about cheerleaders at halftime was both disrespectful and disgusting

The rest of the world has known it for years.

Anyways, I respect your observations and comments.
Bob Seger Wrote:The rest of the world has known it for years.

Anyways, I respect your observations and comments.

Thanks Bob. High School football cheerleading band etc is supposed to be fun. Even this site and the trash talking we as fans do back and forth is good natured and fun. But to hear grown men objectify young girls who are just enjoying high school as objects they want to have boost there egos was wrong suspensions are in order in My opinion.
checkmate9113 Wrote:It's Trashland folks we are talking about here.... sometimes you have to dumb yourself down to their level! :HitWall:

Welcome checkmate....at least it will be a short trip for you.
They may be winning.. But If you want to beat the Ashland run hurry up offense.. They are sucking wind right...