Poll: Who wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Ashland
89.47%
Bourbon
10.53%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bourbon@Ashland
Thoughts? Predictions?
:redboxer:
:Cheerlead
Ashland seems to be over rated at this point. With the exception of Johnson Central they play a very weak 4A schedule. Bourbon Co. took a very good Pulaski Co team to the wire. Bourbon always has some nice looking athletes, if they can come to play and there defense can get physical with Ashland then Bourbon Co moves on and Ashland is turning in the pads on Monday.

Bourbon Co 27
Ashland 22
Ashland should have enough to get past Bourbon County.
If Ashland is healthy, this game should be a blowout win for them, but they could struggle without Baker and/or O'Bryan. If those two are 100 percent and the Tomcats avoid coaching blunders, Ashland will advance.

As for Pulaski struggling against Bourbon last week, Pulaski has shown that they are not a great team without Riley Hall. The Maroons will go as far as Hall can carry them. The same is true of Workman for Johnson Central and Baker for Ashland. It is too late in the season for these teams to replace their best players and expect to win a state title.
I know not compare but Tates Creek is pretty similar offensively to Bourbon if you go by the numbers. Tates Creek and Bourbon have 3 common opponents and both teams put up similar stats offensively. So if you look at it that way, this game could be a shootout.
Ashland has given up 166 points 16.6 a game Bourbon has given up 376 or 37.6 a game. Hopefully those trends continue and this game is a running clock with backups playing the 4th. Ashland 44-12
Ashland=35
Bourban=14
All depends on Baker.
Ashland by 7
tomcats wins this one
Ashland should win this one easily. If I am not mistaken Paintsville put a running clock on them.
People are taking this Bourbon loss to Pulaski for way more than its worth. Hall and others did not play for Pulaski. Bourbon lost to better than average Madison Central and Madison Southern teams, and Pulaski blasted Southern and Central in a scrimmage.

Ashland 35
Bourbon 20
Everyone has said all year without baker this team is not very good and they proved that last Friday night . If baker plays they win by 24 if he's not in the lineup basketball starts on Monday
This should be a somewhat easy win for Ashland. I think a number of factors figured into the poor performance against Tates Creek, most notably the loss of Coach Love's mother.
Bourbon by 7. Colonels 41-Kittens 34
Tomcats Win Big
Ashland has two outstanding, individual talents, but they are also a pretty good team as well. Ask Baker if he thinks his stats would be the same without that O Line. Also, the Tomcat Defense has been solid even from the first game of the season.

I learned a long time ago I wasn’t very good at predicting how 17 year old athletes will perform on game day. IF (gotta love that word), however, Ashland comes out with a chip on its shoulder and directs its collective focus on winning the next game, they can be a handful for any team in the State.
I went to both those games MS and MC... Bourbon had at least 4 starters out in those games..
ashland wins
Ashland has been practicing the wishbone most of the season along with the jumbo package (7 OL) and last week they finally used it a few times I was told ( was not their) Think this is the formations coming out party and they steam roll Bourbon County.
It's game 11 .. Are you serious about a coming out party lol
FarristownFlyer Wrote:People are taking this Bourbon loss to Pulaski for way more than its worth. Hall and others did not play for Pulaski. Bourbon lost to better than average Madison Central and Madison Southern teams, and Pulaski blasted Southern and Central in a scrimmage.

Ashland 35
Bourbon 20

I agree, you can also throw in 5 first half turnovers by Pulaski. I watched this game, I wanted to see the QB for Bourbon play. The score of this game is completely mis-leading. Take away the turnovers or if Pulaski had all their starters this game would have been a running clock before halftime.
Ashland 38
Bourbon 33
Ashland - 37

Bourbon County - 21
anotherfootballnut Wrote:It's game 11 .. Are you serious about a coming out party lol
Doubt Ashland the only team holding back some things for the playoffs!!!
Bourbon plays Trashland close for a while.
Trashland 32
Bourbon 20
anotherfootballnut Wrote:It's game 11 .. Are you serious about a coming out party lol

It's Trashland folks we are talking about here.... sometimes you have to dumb yourself down to their level! :HitWall:
Ashland did hold Johnson Central to 8 points. They are under rated as a team