Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Could EKY send 4 teams to the state championships?
Mjolnir Wrote:Just a feeling, Corbin and Paris wear the glass slippers this year.

Fine. Most would still consider Corbin as EKY.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Glass slippers don't work well in grass or artificial turf.
Granny Bear Wrote:^
Probably not, but I can dream!
Wink

I don't settle Pulp!!

We used to be 6A. Got beat out in semis by the Birdies wayyy back when Towles was a Senior.

I'll never forget that game. These big ass tour buses rolled in, opened the door and Lorenzen literally fell down the bus's steps!! LOL Towles cared more about the ballgame than his hair back then!

Smile
somebody should shave his head.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:The Paintsville vs. Paris game will be the East side representative.
But you know Pikeville is begging for another shot at Paintsville.

Danville will more than likely win the Region over Shelby Valley in 2A.

Belfry meets Boyle County in the 3A state finals.

Johnson Central meets South Warren in the 4A state finals.

Pulaski County meets Bowling Green in the 5A state finals.

Nobody cares about 6A.

As long as no Lex./Louis./NKY or private schools win.
I do see the 15th region sending three teams to the state finals.

Paris will be at the house listening to the radio.
jetpilot Wrote:No, semis will be Pikeville vs. Paintsville.

Can I catch a ride with you to Bowling Green to cheer for the Panthers?
HDE Wrote:HCHS was 5A when the school opened. That was a 5A game against Highlands.
:truestory:
dawg fan Wrote:Paintsville has gotten better each week don't see them getting beat.
Shelby valley is solid but danville is really good.
Belfry is the beast of the east, their toughest game will be lawrence county. And lex. Catholic will come out of the west. They just proved they are better than boyle co.
I think ashland just proved that the road to bowling green may not be as easy for jc as they had planed.

You are talking out the wrong end.
outsider Wrote:I agree mostly I see
1A coming down between Paintsville/Pikeville (great rematch) in the East vs Beechwood/Russellville
2A Although Valley is playing well don't count out Newport Cent. Catholic, but whoever will prob fall to Mayfield in the Finals
3A will likely be a rematch from last year Belfry/Central
4A Johnson Central (if they don't choke)/South Warren
5A North Laurel/ Bowling Green
6A Louisville school prob Male/ St.X vs Scott Co./Simon Kenton

:hilarious:
More Cowbell Wrote:Fine. Most would still consider Corbin as EKY.

There's no question that Corbin is East Kentucky.
jetpilot Wrote:Corbin possibly, Paris no shot whatsoever.

I agree. Greyhounds won't attend.
You can hitch a ride to Bowling Green but the Pikeville Panthers won't be there to be cheered for.
BigMelon63 Wrote:You can hitch a ride to Bowling Green but the Pikeville Panthers won't be there to be cheered for.

sure they will Smile
Confusednicker:
pjdoug Wrote:Can I catch a ride with you to Bowling Green to cheer for the Panthers?

You got it dude. All expenses paid.:betterthanexpected:
BigMelon63 Wrote:You can hitch a ride to Bowling Green but the Pikeville Panthers won't be there to be cheered for.

Buy yourself a maroon jersey and get on the BG bandwagon giant melons!!!
I think it's a possibility but I also think all would be underdogs.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

FWIW......

In 2014, 3A Belfry & 5A Pulaski County, was the only time two 'Mountain' schools won two state football titles in the same season.

Some would argue that Pulaski County isn't a 'Mountain' team by location, but they are in the WYMT coverage area... so I guess that makes them a 'Mountain' team by association.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
jetpilot Wrote:You got it dude. All expenses paid.:betterthanexpected:

:High5:
jetpilot Wrote:Buy yourself a maroon jersey and get on the BG bandwagon giant melons!!!

lol
I think that sounds like a great bet! If Paintsville wins you guys put on the Blue and White and get on the Big Melon's bandwagon to Bowling Green. If the Pikers win I'll put on the Maroon and grey and go!!! How about that!!!
If you are counting Pulaski County as Eastern Kentucky, than I would put money on three or possible four.

Single A, all roads through the east lead through Pikeville and Paintsville! No on in the east is within four touchdowns of either... Don't believe, go look at there scores from this season! Between the two of them, they have beat every team in the east, with the exception of Paris, that would be considered a contender soundly! But Paris did not exactly blow out Frankfort who Paintsville crushed!

Double A, guys get real! Shelby Valley has no chance! They're going to be spanked by Paintsville Friday night! Valley is having a great season but only because their entire district is down! They have peaked the same time Prestonsburg's program drove head on into a tree after all four tires feel off. Their success is great but it also comes with a reality check, Prestonsburg has taken a huge step back. Valley won't even make the regional final! And their first round game will be the best 1 vs. 4 match up in the entire state, reguardless of class!

Triple A, the only two teams anyone is even considering going to state in from the east. Belfry I believe is two or three touchdowns better than everyone in the east. Russell might give them a game, but Corbin will be their toughest match up along the way. But Corbin is from the mountains too! To be honest, the west is not just loaded but the second region is whats really loaded! Whoever they play in the state championship is going to be beaten up by the time the smoke clears in the west.

Four A, Johnson Central and Ashland rematch is the state championship game! South Warren never could get out of the west in 3A!

Five A, Pulaski County really does not have much competition in the east but I am not the biggest follower of 5A football. I could be wrong, but Pulaski goes to the state title game against Bowling Green.

Would honestly say...
Pikeville or Paintsville are both good enough to beat Beechwood! Belfry is as good as anyone out west. Johnson Central I believe has a tougher time getting out of the region than winning state. Pulaski and Bowling Green will be a good game but I think Bowling Green would be favored.
Granny Bear Wrote:^
Probably not, but I can dream!
Wink

I don't settle Pulp!!

We used to be 6A. Got beat out in semis by the Birdies wayyy back when Towles was a Senior.

I'll never forget that game. These big ass tour buses rolled in, opened the door and Lorenzen literally fell down the bus's steps!! LOL Towles cared more about the ballgame than his hair back then!

Smile
When was Harlan county every 6A?
BigMelon63 Wrote:I think that sounds like a great bet! If Paintsville wins you guys put on the Blue and White and get on the Big Melon's bandwagon to Bowling Green. If the Pikers win I'll put on the Maroon and grey and go!!! How about that!!!

Again. You bring the champagne, and i'll bring the Ripple wine. Mix it together, and you get Champipple? If they don't have ripple, then i'll bring Thunderbird. Mix that with champagne, and you get what? Champerbird? :rockon:
I think EKY having three teams in championship games is a very good accomplishment!

Any more would just be great icing...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
I will be brief in my statement of my opinion. No, the east won't have 3 or 4 at state.
RicFlair Wrote:When was Harlan county every 6A?

neverConfusednicker:
Big Five-0- Wrote:Again. You bring the champagne, and i'll bring the Ripple wine. Mix it together, and you get Champipple? If they don't have ripple, then i'll bring Thunderbird. Mix that with champagne, and you get what? Champerbird? :rockon:

getting sick just thinking of that mixture. bring me a Pikeville shirt on your way to Bowling Green :biglmao:
mysonis55 Wrote:I will be brief in my statement of my opinion. No, the east won't have 3 or 4 at state.

prove it Confusednicker:
Sorry to break your hearts but there is no Ripple to be found. I guess we will have to make due with Boones Farm and Mad Dog!! I let you guys drink it. When I go to Bowling Green I'm drinking Four Roses Single Barrell!!!
BigMelon63 Wrote:Sorry to break your hearts but there is no Ripple to be found. I guess we will have to make due with Boones Farm and Mad Dog!! I let you guys drink it. When I go to Bowling Green I'm drinking Four Roses Single Barrell!!!

Then they quit making the good stuff. It had a good maroon color to it.:biggrin: