Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fairview 24 Raceland 22
Ramcat77 Wrote:Paintsville absolutely manhandled Fairview's offensive and defensive lines last week. Those same Fairview offensive and defensive lines gave Raceland fits tonight, that's not good.

Wrong 42 didn't play against Panitsville he was suspended
Hats off to the iggles. The wanted it more. Our secondary got badly exposed tonight.
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Wrong 42 didn't play against Panitsville he was suspended

Regardless, Raceland still has their hands full against a Paintsville team that is firing on all cylinders.
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:Hats off to the iggles. The wanted it more. Our secondary got badly exposed tonight.

Everyone watched Paintsville get up in fairviews receivers face right on them
And shut them down , just wondering why we didn't do that
Because our secondary couldn't cover a dead body with a sheet.
Ramcat77 Wrote:Number 42 can wreak some havoc on the edge.
when he wants to. and keeps his head in game
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:Because our secondary couldn't cover a dead body with a sheet.
Confusednicker:
I don't think I will say nothing. :poker face:
Congrats Coaching staff and players. Not going to crow to much to the Ams. They are a class act. BITW!
this district is now all about the villes
That was a classic high school football game to watch. Great effort from the kids on both sides of the ball on both teams. Neither team gave up fought till the finish. I'm still amazed about how the game ended.
Congrats Eagles! Nice win!
only one ville in this district. and who know what will happen if raceland finds a way to beat Paintsville. I don't see it happening though. unless they really play hard and block out the noise. could be a three way tie in district if the rams do win. so im guessing Fairview will now host a playoff game??
Great game both sides. Best high school game I've witnessed. Neither team gave up and kept fighting. I do think raceland beats Paintsville due to the rams run defense. I hope it is another classic game to watch like tonight
Very happy with this win and best of luck to Raceland for the rest of the season, unless we see you in the playoffs!
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Boys we just aren't very good plain and simple

:problem:
Raceland has never had a great secondary last year may have been the best since the 06 team. its hard to defend the screen pass when you play 10-12 yrds off the ball every play but with this team there are a lot of excuses out there. I dont understand why grizzle doesnt have a bigger role and let him call the offense he knows it better than anyone on staff.
Well things happen. Now you took one on the chin off a team you expected to beat now reality sets in and you have to earn it from hear on out. The season isn't over you know have to rebound and focus on a new game and not dwell on it.
nekysportsfan Wrote:I am surprised by this, but Roy is a good QB and Washington is a good receiver. Fairview obviously came to play tonight.

On another note, I feel for you Raceland guys on these message boards. No group of fans has supported their team more and starting with Messer's class, I've read about this group of classes of players for years and how they were going to finally deliver a state title. What in the world has happened?

Gosh, it sounds just like another waaaay out there wacky bunch I know.

:blabbermo:blabbermo:blabbermo:blabbermo
I thought Raceland have underestimated all year how good the kids they lost from last year were. I did not believe they would be as good this year,
Pikeville will probably run through all the cupcakes in the East in the playoffs and Williamsburg ain't dead yet either Smile
pjdoug Wrote:Pikeville will probably run through all the cupcakes in the East in the playoffs and Williamsburg ain't dead yet either Smile

Pikeville probably did that last year too, didn't they ! ! ! ! !
pjdoug Wrote:Pikeville will probably run through all the cupcakes in the East in the playoffs and Williamsburg ain't dead yet either Smile

Pikeville probably did that last year too, didn't they?
BOOGIE WOOGIE MAN Wrote:Pikeville probably did that last year too, didn't they?

O.C.D? Confusednicker:
Go ahead take your shots at Raceland they are well deserved , season is long form over this team has played to their competition , over looked teams and sat back and listened to how good they are , guess what they aren't real good right now I hope they listen to that , if this game don't wake them up nothing will .
I missed a great game looks like. Tough loss for the Rams. I'm sure they will put something together this week. I wish you guys could bring your concessions down to Paintsville next week. I'm sorry I missed that free hamburger and funnel cakes from anotherfootballnut. LOL! I'll have to break out my tailgating gear and set you up when you get down here!
huge shoutout to the Fairview front men. roy had all night to throw and when he didn't he took off running. a couple of qb hurries but for the most part very solid up front this week. these guys up front have greatly improved from week to week

If Harlan beats Pineville then Williamsburg is the two seed then they will get there shot at Pikeville.

Raceland now will realize they aren't going to be handed anything and are going to have to earn it. Beating Paintsville will make the difference between a 1-2 seed and a 3 seed.
What's funny is Raceland fans all over recruiting before and Roy, Washington from that era ( believe they still live in kenova) and nobody says anything. It's probably more nobody thought fairview was a threat any longer. Raceland is in trouble with the Russell/Greenup pipeline shut off now. Good luck to both teams
russellpride Wrote:What's funny is Raceland fans all over recruiting before and Roy, Washington from that era ( believe they still live in kenova) and nobody says anything. It's probably more nobody thought fairview was a threat any longer. Raceland is in trouble with the Russell/Greenup pipeline shut off now. Good luck to both teams

You would be incorrect. Roy is from Westwood born & raised. Antwan's family is from that area no argument but he has lived here since he came to FHS in foster care . He is no longer in foster care ,& chose on his own to stay here to finish his senior year .