• 1(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
7-0 Johnson Central#2 @ 8-0 Ashland#3
Let's get it on!!!
I think special teams will be a big factor in this game. The kicking game is the one I am talking about and it is Johnson Central that is the winner in this game cause of it.
CoachfromtheStands Wrote:I think special teams will be a big factor in this game. The kicking game is the one I am talking about and it is Johnson Central that is the winner in this game cause of it.
Baker best RB and KR in the state. Brown dang good Punt returner. Should be a good one and theirs a lot on the line in this game. Ashland has a good shot. Putnam Stadium has hosted some big games, this one is a HUGE ONE!!
JC easily.

JC 42
Ash 20
Johnson Central wins another District title.

Ashland is good, but JC is better.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Ashland by 7
Can't wait for this one
I won't say that Ashland has no chance, but if the Tomcats win next week it will be a big upset. Ashland will not wear down JC's defense and they will not shutdown the Golden Eagle's offense. Without Baker, the Tomcats would have no shot. With him, they are still a longshot.
T-CATS Wrote:Baker best RB and KR in the state. Brown dang good Punt returner. Should be a good one and theirs a lot on the line in this game. Ashland has a good shot. Putnam Stadium has hosted some big games, this one is a HUGE ONE!!

A one man team stands no chance against JC.
T-CATS Wrote:Baker best RB and KR in the state. Brown dang good Punt returner. Should be a good one and theirs a lot on the line in this game. Ashland has a good shot. Putnam Stadium has hosted some big games, this one is a HUGE ONE!!

Uh, in case you didn't know, you cant return a ball that gets kicked out of the end zone.
Bob Seger Wrote:Uh, in case you didn't know, you cant return a ball that gets kicked out of the end zone.

Or even into the end zone. JC by 18.:Cheerlead
jetpilot Wrote:Or even into the end zone. JC by 18.:Cheerlead

:Thumbs:
Ashland's lack of a passing game will catch up with them this week. I think JC wins, but if they keep Baker in check, watch out!
JC
More mental mistakes by Ashland against Greenup than Tomcats had the past five weeks combined. We'd lose soundly to JC if we play like this next week.

I don't expect a lack of focus vs. JC. Tomcats in a nail-biter.
The x-factor will be the special teams, particularly the kicking game. It's reasonable to expect exceptional play from JC's Pack. Apparently Ashland's kicker has some sort of foot injury, plus he'll be playing in soccer playoffs between now and the JC game. Ashland has a major drop off in kickoffs and placekicking if they are forced to go to 2nd string.
AshlandDad Wrote:...We'd lose soundly to JC if we play like this next week....I don't expect a lack of focus vs. JC. Tomcats in a nail-biter.

Agree with this "what it" prediction. Poor performance tonight for Ashland, at least compared to what we have seen so far this season. Just an ugly game on multiple fronts.

I can live with any outcome next Friday as long as the Tomcats put forth their best effort and game of the season. Hoping for another dandy memory on the long list of games played in Putnam Stadium.
You're already 14 points in the hole when you play @ Putnam stadium....

I see JC trying to get some very quick scores running the football. It's no secret that JC has one of the best rushing attacks in the state. A couple quick scores by JC puts this game away early.

Baker is a great running back. Maybe their best back since Arliss Beach.... it seems like Ashland isn't made for comebacks.
Kansas St.
Elm St.
29th St.

And I think Blackburn St. is the other road that surrounds Putnam..... which ever one is the farthest away... Tyler Pack is gonna kick a football on it.
Is Ashland the best team JC has faced thus far this season? Just an opinion, but it's safe to assume JC will be the toughest test for the Tomcats so far.
^^^^^^^^^^

Lexington Catholic would have to be the only team I would say fits that description.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:^^^^^^^^^^

Lexington Catholic would have to be the only team I would say fits that description.

Do you see any similarities between LC and Ashland?
Going to do some thinking about this one. :popcorn:
I predict this to be a "not so bad" game. Confusednicker:
After watching Greenup Co. and Johnson Central and Greenup Co. and Ashland tonight. Greenup stopping Baker the first half of game, i'll say Johnson Central by 3 TD's
JC with a running clock...I'm serious too
I think JC will be too physical in the trenches for Ashland. Baker will probably get loose on a few runs but not enough to take the Eagles down. JC wins 34-21.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:^^^^^^^^^^

You're probably correct but will find out for sure on friday
Worth driving 3 hours for? Stewart's Hot Dogs are for closers
Leonidas Wrote:JC with a running clock...I'm serious too

Albeit misplaced, I admire your optimism and have always had an admiration for the fertile imagination.
  • 1(current)
  • Next