Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coach of the year in the 15th
Barry Hall
"Nike Man" Wrote:You consider 14-10 a good year. They were pre-season number 1. C'mon, this team has underachieved in a big way.

Coach Starns has battle alot in his first year there. He deserves the award in the minds of many JC faithful. Mark my words it will be a different team and a different attitude come next season.
Sorry man, In the eye of many non-JC faithful this guy struggles. Very predictable is the word in the region. Very predictable and lost alot of games with probably the mot talent in the region. Not trying to bash coach, just what I hear.
Coch Starns gets my vote.He took over a team that had some bad internal problems and has put them on the right track!! JC will only get better and better. :Clap:
i would say barry hall.. i mean considering he as players who try to be a one man team he does pretty good by controlling them... and he also won the all a classic once again.. GOOD JOB BARRY AND GOOD LUCK THE REST OF THE SEASON!!
Barry Hall or David Rowe either one...
My choice would be Randy Anderson.
"mojo40" Wrote:My vote goes to Rodney Rowe......Ohhh my bad i mean David Rowe Pike Central.

Rodney Rowe is the best coach in the 15th every year. Somebody would be smart to get him out of retirement. :beer:
"cardsfan" Wrote:Coch Starns gets my vote.He took over a team that had some bad internal problems and has put them on the right track!! JC will only get better and better. :Clap:
If you think they had internal problems last year , then this year has to be WWIII. I have never in my life seen anything like it. He takes a kid like Jamie McCarty and tries to turn him into a supporting player. Then he treats the Music kid like he has never played balketball. He has caused the majority of the problems himself. My vote would be for Runyon or Rowe.
I was not aware of that situation.I thought maybe because of Jamie's injury earlier in the season was why he had taken the role he has.It's sometimes hard to over come a foot injury they just sort of keep getting worse.I will still stick with Starns as my pick anyway!! GO EAGLES!!!!!!!! :Cheerlead
"roadrunner" Wrote:Rodney Rowe is the best coach in the 15th every year. Somebody would be smart to get him out of retirement. :beer:
Booher won the region last season. Don't forget about that. This program is fine without Rowe.
"Nike Man" Wrote:Booher won the region last season. Don't forget about that. This program is fine without Rowe.

Rodneys players won the region last year.
Who coached this team? I think it was Booher. lol.... Rodney is at home where he wants to be so why not support the guy at the helm. Good luck shelby valley and coach Booher. The youth in his program is solid.
Anybody who coached this team would have won the region. How many winning seasons did he have before he came to Shelby Valley?
Record isn't everything, especially in your first season. Given the team he has been given and the changes that have been made, I would give a lot of credit to Bart Williams.
David Rowe
David Rowe gets my vote he is a great role model and has done a great job with the Hawks this year.
I believe the Coach of the year would have to be either Clay Campbell from Phelps or Randy Casey from Belfry...Clay has done a wonderful job since he has been at Phelps and especially this year...Given the players he has, not to take anything away from them but he definitely gets the best of them..And had not one of his players been hurt I believe they would have made a bigger impact in the 15th Region...Regardless, they may not be the best team, but Clay is one heck of a Coach....As for Coach Casey, he has done great things as well since he has been at the helm...He has brought back the fire and intensity that has been missing for a few years besides last year....I really didnt know what to expect this year, but it's obvious he has shown this team to play team ball and it has paid off so far...To Coach Campbell and Coach Casey, I say congrats on this season and Good Luck in the future!!!!
Bart Williams gets my vote he has done a great job this year.
Bart Williams....1st year....took over a program in disrepair...this years team overacheived...11 wins for this team and a trip to the region tourney was unexpected.
Mark Starns of Johnson Central.

Did any of you see that game last night? I think he deserves it...he held his cards in the first half and then at the beginning of the second half he laid them down...and he and his team held the Cards to only 12 points in the 2nd half (and only 3 points in the 3rd quarter). Very nice job! Teamwork at it's finest!
I am really surprised that no one...considering the fan base he has at Belfry...has said Denny Paul May
:lmao:

I think Bart Williams has done a great job!
"Imnottelling" Wrote:Mark Starns of Johnson Central.

Did any of you see that game last night? I think he deserves it...he held his cards in the first half and then at the beginning of the second half he laid them down...and he and his team held the Cards to only 12 points in the 2nd half (and only 3 points in the 3rd quarter). Very nice job! Teamwork at it's finest!

Give it up! the voting is over- The coach of the year is from the 60th district! :Thumbs:
"fox sports" Wrote:Bart Williams....1st year....took over a program in disrepair...this years team overacheived...11 wins for this team and a trip to the region tourney was unexpected.

I dont think an 11 win season, and a trip to the Region is enough to solidify him as coach of the year...We'll see how he does to finish the season though, and then maybe we could talk about him :thumb:
"alfus21" Wrote:I dont think an 11 win season, and a trip to the Region is enough to solidify him as coach of the year...We'll see how he does to finish the season though, and then maybe we could talk about him :thumb:

What coach are u talking about? The coach im talking about has won 18 or 19 games-- Your a little off!
"PC Cheer Chick" Wrote:What coach are u talking about? The coach im talking about has won 18 or 19 games-- Your a little off!

You obviously don't understand the concept of me quoting "foxsports"...I was responding to him talking about Bart Williams...I really shouldn't even have to explain that, but I just did so oh well Smile
1.David Rowe--good coach and great guy...I hope he gets his 1st region title this year. He is overdue for a regional championship and I think he has as good a shot this year as anyone else.
2.Bart Williams--Has done a very good job in his 1st season as head coach and has the Panthers headed to their 1st regional tournament in a few years. Pikeville will be around the top of the region in basketball very soon like every other sport.