Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rankings Week Ending 10/10
killbilly usmc Wrote:Corbin should be higher than Adair. Wouldn't be surprised to see them in Bowling Green if they ever get healthy again.

Catholic should be ranked somewhere around 4-6 in 3A in my opinion. But I would be very surprised to see Corbin in Bowling Green.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Love to Oprah!

I'll pretend that you didn't say that awful word:ChairHit::ChairHit:
TigerBlues Wrote:More scheduling experts at work TongueirateSho

The experts are wrong! Frankfort, Sheldon Clark, Ridgeview, Williamsburg, Fairview, Pike Central, Bourbon Co. are excellent!Confusedinglepar

:biggrin:

Sorry, I meant they would be excellent if combined into 1 team...
Paintsville is going to silence the doubters when they beat Raceland and Shelby Valley, which will happen.TongueirateSho
Let this be known. I do not doubt how good Paintsville is, they are a good team. I just dont think they are on the level that many think they are on. I still feel Raceland, Paintsville, and Pikeville are all right there in the mix together.
Paintsville has won games they were given no respect for.They beat Pikeville and Pikeville had the game won. They killed Bourbon who beat Southwestern(who is top 5-8) in 5A who is on the same level as Covington Catholic.

Beechwood lost to Cov Cath soundly. Yes they beat Lloyd Memorial who may give New Cath a run for there money. They also beat Holy Cross who just gave New Cath a good game and won at Ironton which is tough but there best player didn't play. Raceland played Ashland within 2-3 scores who blowed Ironton off the map.

But a man could keep naming things but Paintsville is worthy of the #1 because they haven't lost and blowed some good teams out. Beechwood has the lost to Cov Cath by a lop sided margin just like Raceland losing to Ashland. So the question is Why should we let Beechwood slide with there loss and make Raceland or whoever pay for it. 1-5 are very close and there is no big gap between them.
The fact that DeSales is ranked above CAL and no one has explained why hurts the credibility of the entire rankings of every class IMO.
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:The fact that DeSales is ranked above CAL and no one has explained why hurts the credibility of the entire rankings of every class IMO.

That would be a question for Granny Bear.... she calculates the voting totals.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:The fact that DeSales is ranked above CAL and no one has explained why hurts the credibility of the entire rankings of every class IMO.
Granny said it was a total of 4 votes that seperated CAL and DeSales. Likely some did not give CAL enough of a deep study or were too dismissive of their win over DeSales. Like I said in an earlier post, it will balance out, like many rankings do. But to say ONE ranking you don't agree with hurts the credibility of the entire rankings system shows you probably won't agree with nor see that distinction either.

I was paid off!!!
Confusednicker:

Seriously, you would have to ask the folks who volunteered to do the rankings why they chose it that way. CAL was close to DeSales, I went back to check and it was a 4 point (NOT votes) difference.

So MY explanation would be that this was the way the panel ranked those teams over all.

And no, it doesn't hurt the credibility of the entire rankings in every class, IMO.
Granny Bear Wrote:I was paid off!!!
Confusednicker:

Seriously, you would have to ask the folks who volunteered to do the rankings why they chose it that way. CAL was close to DeSales, I went back to check and it was a 4 point (NOT votes) difference.

So MY explanation would be that this was the way the panel ranked those teams over all.

And no, it doesn't hurt the credibility of the entire rankings in every class, IMO.

it's a conspiracy Confusednicker:
PHSForever Wrote:Granny said it was a total of 4 votes that seperated CAL and DeSales. Likely some did not give CAL enough of a deep study or were too dismissive of their win over DeSales. Like I said in an earlier post, it will balance out, like many rankings do. But to say ONE ranking you don't agree with hurts the credibility of the entire rankings system shows you probably won't agree with nor see that distinction either.

Granny Bear Wrote:I was paid off!!!
Confusednicker:

Friday night Cal 16 DeSales 0 In a head to head district game and CAL's strength of schedule is superior and both are now 5-2. So the polls roll out and DeSales is ranked higher, no matter 4 points or 400 they are higher and I am looking for some logic as to why.
The bolded in each quote I do not agree with. There is no logic I can see that would find DeSales ranked ahead of CAL.
Surely someone who voted can so some splainin :insane:
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:Friday night Cal 16 DeSales 0 In a head to head district game and CAL's strength of schedule is superior and both are now 5-2. So the polls roll out and DeSales is ranked higher, no matter 4 points or 400 they are higher and I am looking for some logic as to why.
The bolded in each quote I do not agree with. There is no logic I can see that would find DeSales ranked ahead of CAL.

I am a voter and I did vote CAL ahead of DeSales. Also voted for paintsville as 1 in 1a. Also voted to not have Corbin in the top 10 in 3a. Also dropped belfry to 5th in 3a.
^^ He ain't lyin'!!
:Shaking:

MayfieldCardinal Wrote:Friday night Cal 16 DeSales 0 In a head to head district game and CAL's strength of schedule is superior and both are now 5-2. So the polls roll out and DeSales is ranked higher, no matter 4 points or 400 they are higher and I am looking for some logic as to why.

When someone feels like you do about the rankings, there is only one thing to do.... Volunteer next season and make your voice heard.

I am all for opening up the panel for everyone, having a very very strict time line of when to get your votes in and see how that works!
irishcard16 Wrote:I am a voter and I did vote CAL ahead of DeSales. Also voted for paintsville as 1 in 1a. Also voted to not have Corbin in the top 10 in 3a. Also dropped belfry to 5th in 3a.

Which tells me that at least you were paying attention to the events of Friday night. I have seen these rankings used by the media (don't remember where) and I agree with MayfieldCardinal, if these rankings are to be taken seriously then things like DeSales over CAL needs to be able to be explained. Anyone who ranked DeSales over CAL after DeSales was shutout by CAL needs to be able to defend that position. There are other issues with the rankings but this one is the glaring issue.

I didn't volunteer for the ranking committee because I knew there would be certain classes and areas of the state that I could not accurately rate, but seeing this weeks rankings makes me wonder if that even matters.
I do the very best I can to give the most accurate and non bias rankings that I can. I am always willing to put my name with my rankings and discuss any of it. Discussion is the only way these rankings will be taken seriously. I am usually late turning mine in because I do try to study it and make sure that I'm putting the best rankings out that I can. Hopefully everybody else takes it that seriously as well.
Thanks Irishcard for telling us how you voted. Granny, I am sure I am coming across poorly in my criticism and I do want to explain that I appreciate folks putting in their time and if most of those who vote are like me its not extra work because we are going to spend Friday-Sunday reviewing what happened Friday Night. I did volunteer but was not selected which is a shame given that I follow the game closely and being from out west where we do not have as many knowledgeable members. But as the Atlanta Pirate said, to be taken serious you can't ignore what happened Friday and make no mistake, I am not a fan of DeSales or CAL so it has nothing to do with any bias. I expect inaccurate polls from AP and the computer ratings are not real solid until they have enough data late in the season so I see this as a chance for BGR to stand out. DeSales may prove to be ahead of CAL but for now having them ahead of CAL makes no sense that I can see and I think it hurts credibility. I still would like to know why we have DeSales ahead, maybe someone who voted DeSales ahead can provide a reason that I cant see but I don't see how. If BGR gets this right it is just good for business and will attract more members. Anyway, I apologize for coming across to strong and I do appreciate members taking the time to give us our own polls
No apology necessary Mayfield Cardinal!! I was having too much fun with this, I guess. I'm sure than I gave the wrong impression with some of my come backs as well!

I wasn't part of the selection of the voting panel. Perhaps I will do one on my own next year! If I do, I definitely would love to have you, AtlPirateFan and that crazy irishcard 16 feeding me information!!
FWIW, I did not vote this week. Had obligations all weekend and was covered at work Monday.

Had I voted this would have been my ballot:
1A
1. Beechwood
2. Paintsville
3. Pikeville
4. Raceland
5. Russellville
6. Paris
7. Csmpbellsville
8. Hazard
9. Fairview
10. Bishop Brossart

2A
1. Mayfield
2. CAL
3. Owensboro Catholic
4. DeSales
5. Murray
6. Danville
7. NewCath
8. Lloyd Memorial
9. Leslie Co
10. Shelby Valley

3A
1. Boyle Co
2. Central
3. Belfry
4. Caldwell Co
5. Etown
6. LexCath
7. Tilghman
8. Bell Co
9. Corbin
10. Adair Co

4A
1. Johnson Central
2. South Warren
3. Ashland
4. Spencer Co
5. Scott
6. Shelby Co
7. Hopkinsville
8. Collins
9. Franklin Co
10. John Hardin

5A
1. Bowling Green
2. Pulaski Co
3. Owensboro
4. Fern Creek
5. Christian Co
6. Southwestern
7. North Laurel
8. CovCath
9. South Oldham
10. Highlands

6A
1. Male
2. Trinity
3. Scott County
4. Simon Kenton
5. St. Xavier
6. Manual
7. Lafayette
8. Bryan Station
9. McCracken Co
10. Cooper
I know that would've changed first place in 1A. I would have to go back and look at the points, but I'm pretty sure CAL would've gone up, too but only by 2 points. Not enough to have put them over DeSales.
I think I reccomended MayfieldCardinal and Mysonis55 to this panel and it cost me a seat at the big table. One of these guys need to be on the panel they have burnt my :moon::moon::moon: for 4yrs now. Well I did win one hazard over mayfield. :worthy:
EKUAlum05 Wrote:FWIW, I did not vote this week. Had obligations all weekend and was covered at work Monday.

1A
1. Beechwood
2. Paintsville
3. Pikeville
4. Raceland
5. Russellville
6. Paris
7. Csmpbellsville
8. Hazard
9. Fairview
10. Bishop Brossart

2A
1. Mayfield
2. CAL
3. Owensboro Catholic
4. DeSales
5. Murray
6. Danville
7. NewCath
8. Lloyd Memorial
9. Leslie Co
10. Shelby Valley

3A
1. Boyle Co
2. Central
3. Belfry
4. Caldwell Co
5. Etown
6. LexCath
7. Tilghman
8. Bell Co
9. Corbin
10. Adair Co

4A
1. Johnson Central
2. South Warren
3. Ashland
4. Spencer Co
5. Scott
6. Shelby Co
7. Hopkinsville
8. Collins
9. Franklin Co
10. John Hardin

5A
1. Bowling Green
2. Pulaski Co
3. Owensboro
4. Fern Creek
5. Christian Co
6. Southwestern
7. North Laurel
8. CovCath
9. South Oldham
10. Highlands

6A
1. Male
2. Trinity
3. Scott County
4. Simon Kenton
5. St. Xavier
6. Manual
7. Lafayette
8. Bryan Station
9. McCracken Co
10. Cooper
Very solid rankings, IMO. You obviously put some time and thought into these.

I mean no disrespect to any of the individual voters on the panel, but I did not volunteer to be on the panel because I don't think that submitting ballots and ranking teams democratically yields very good results. Once you get more than five or six people on any committee, about half the people put out most of the effort.

IMO, BGR should have named about a half dozen people to a rankings committee, which would have one person to chair the committee, who would have veto authority in cases where the committee failed to reach a consensus. Everybody would have a chance to make their cases but somebody would have the authority to make sure that the committee did not embarrass the web site. Ranking a 5-2 team that has just pitched a 16-0 shutout below the losing 5-2 team is the reason that somebody should be empowered to impose a sanity check on the panelists.

More voters is not the key to better rankings. The problem is the system. It is very similar to the one that AP uses.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:FWIW, I did not vote this week. Had obligations all weekend and was covered at work Monday.

1A
1. Beechwood
2. Paintsville
3. Pikeville
4. Raceland
5. Russellville
6. Paris
7. Csmpbellsville
8. Hazard
9. Fairview
10. Bishop Brossart

2A
1. Mayfield
2. CAL
3. Owensboro Catholic
4. DeSales
5. Murray
6. Danville
7. NewCath
8. Lloyd Memorial
9. Leslie Co
10. Shelby Valley

3A
1. Boyle Co
2. Central
3. Belfry
4. Caldwell Co
5. Etown
6. LexCath
7. Tilghman
8. Bell Co
9. Corbin
10. Adair Co

4A
1. Johnson Central
2. South Warren
3. Ashland
4. Spencer Co
5. Scott
6. Shelby Co
7. Hopkinsville
8. Collins
9. Franklin Co
10. John Hardin

5A
1. Bowling Green
2. Pulaski Co
3. Owensboro
4. Fern Creek
5. Christian Co
6. Southwestern
7. North Laurel
8. CovCath
9. South Oldham
10. Highlands

6A
1. Male
2. Trinity
3. Scott County
4. Simon Kenton
5. St. Xavier
6. Manual
7. Lafayette
8. Bryan Station
9. McCracken Co
10. Cooper

Swap Hazard and Paris in 1A and that is spot on with how i voted this week.
irishcard16 Wrote:I do the very best I can to give the most accurate and non bias rankings that I can. I am always willing to put my name with my rankings and discuss any of it. Discussion is the only way these rankings will be taken seriously. I am usually late turning mine in because I do try to study it and make sure that I'm putting the best rankings out that I can. Hopefully everybody else takes it that seriously as well.

it seems to me you are biased when you say Corbin isn't top 10. They are not at the top,but they are definitely one of the top ten 3 A teams in the state.
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:Thanks Irishcard for telling us how you voted. Granny, I am sure I am coming across poorly in my criticism and I do want to explain that I appreciate folks putting in their time and if most of those who vote are like me its not extra work because we are going to spend Friday-Sunday reviewing what happened Friday Night. I did volunteer but was not selected which is a shame given that I follow the game closely and being from out west where we do not have as many knowledgeable members. But as the Atlanta Pirate said, to be taken serious you can't ignore what happened Friday and make no mistake, I am not a fan of DeSales or CAL so it has nothing to do with any bias. I expect inaccurate polls from AP and the computer ratings are not real solid until they have enough data late in the season so I see this as a chance for BGR to stand out. DeSales may prove to be ahead of CAL but for now having them ahead of CAL makes no sense that I can see and I think it hurts credibility. I still would like to know why we have DeSales ahead, maybe someone who voted DeSales ahead can provide a reason that I cant see but I don't see how. If BGR gets this right it is just good for business and will attract more members. Anyway, I apologize for coming across to strong and I do appreciate members taking the time to give us our own polls

I know The West doesn't seem to have as many members on here, but a more balanced number of voters more from all areas of the state would probably yield better, non-biased rankings. is it true that most the voters on the panel are from Eastern and Northern parts of the state? I think MayfieldCardinal should definitely be on the panel Smile
pjdoug Wrote:it seems to me you are biased when you say Corbin isn't top 10. They are not at the top,but they are definitely one of the top ten 3 A teams in the state.

Based on what? I have no relationship with anyone from Corbin, good or bad. What Corbin does or doesn't do in football does not affect my life in any way. Please give me the evidence that puts Corbin in the top 10. (Any higher than 10th.) You on the other hand are the one who continuously gets on here being a fanboy looking for attention any way you can get it. As a matter of fact I dropped Belfry to 5th after getting beat by the #1 team in the state of WV (regardless of class) and beating Lawrence co but not being impressive in doing so. This post by you shows what a truly idiotic moron that you really are thanks for further evidence as to why everyone on this board despises you.

1A
1. Beechwood
2. Paintsville
3. Pikeville
4. Raceland
5. Russellville
6. Paris
7. Csmpbellsville
8. Hazard
9. Fairview
10. Bishop Brossart

2A
1. Mayfield
2. CAL
3. Owensboro Catholic
4. DeSales
5. Murray
6. Danville
7. NewCath
8. Lloyd Memorial
9. Leslie Co
10. Shelby Valley

3A
1. Boyle Co
2. Central
3. Belfry
4. Caldwell Co
5. Etown
6. LexCath
7. Tilghman
8. Bell Co
9. Corbin
10. Adair Co

4A
1. Johnson Central
2. South Warren
3. Ashland
4. Spencer Co
5. Scott
6. Shelby Co
7. Hopkinsville
8. Collins
9. Franklin Co
10. John Hardin

5A
1. Bowling Green
2. Pulaski Co
3. Owensboro
4. Fern Creek
5. Christian Co
6. Southwestern
7. North Laurel
8. CovCath
9. South Oldham
10. Highlands

6A
1. Male
2. Trinity
3. Scott County
4. Simon Kenton
5. St. Xavier
6. Manual
7. Lafayette
8. Bryan Station
9. McCracken Co
10. Cooper

YOU'RE A SLACKER!!!!
[Image: http://40.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lyqa0u...o1_500.jpg]
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
irishcard16 Wrote:Based on what? I have no relationship with anyone from Corbin, good or bad. What Corbin does or doesn't do in football does not affect my life in any way. Please give me the evidence that puts Corbin in the top 10. (Any higher than 10th.) You on the other hand are the one who continuously gets on here being a fanboy looking for attention any way you can get it. As a matter of fact I dropped Belfry to 5th after getting beat by the #1 team in the state of WV (regardless of class) and beating Lawrence co but not being impressive in doing so. This post by you shows what a truly idiotic moron that you really are thanks for further evidence as to why everyone on this board despises you.

I posted the truth and you showed your ignorance as usual by attempting to insult me.everyone on here doesn't despise me by the way Smile.I've seen several of you biased pirates say Corbin doesn't belong in top 10 simply because you don't like them. I'm not a Corbin fan, but it is obvious that they are at least the 10th best 3 A team in the state. I'd like to see evidence as to why Corbin ain't in top 10.
pjdoug Wrote:I posted the truth and you showed your ignorance as usual by attempting to insult me.everyone on here doesn't despise me by the way Smile.I've seen several of you biased pirates say Corbin doesn't belong in top 10 simply because you don't like them. I'm not a Corbin fan, but it is obvious that they are at least the 10th best 3 A team in the state. I'd like to see evidence as to why Corbin ain't in top 10.

What have they done to prove anything?
pjdoug Wrote:I posted the truth and you showed your ignorance as usual by attempting to insult me.everyone on here doesn't despise me by the way Smile.I've seen several of you biased pirates say Corbin doesn't belong in top 10 simply because you don't like them. I'm not a Corbin fan, but it is obvious that they are at least the 10th best 3 A team in the state. I'd like to see evidence as to why Corbin ain't in top 10.

And I never said you were a Corbin fan, I just said you were a fanboy. You have yet to give any evidence that you have any actual football knowledge at all. If I had any bias I wouldn't have dropped Belfry to 5.
I think EKU is almost spot on with 3A. I would replace Adair with Lawrence Co though. I know Adair is undefeated but I think LC is slightly better.