Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
North Laurel 51 Letcher County Central 0
FINAL :Cheerlead
Congratulations Jaguars!!
Congrats Jags.
Congratulations, to the Jaguars! They had a game plan, stuck to it and it was successful. They announced that Nelson broke the single season TD record tonight. NL's defense kept the leading rusher in the state off balance all night, he was not effective at all. He did not play the 2nd half. NL had their JV team in shortly after they came back from half time. Continued, good luck Jaguars!
Williams hurt ankle in 1st quarter, did not return!
touchdownkentucky Wrote:Williams hurt ankle in 1st quarter, did not return!

Left right before halftime in second quarter think he got less than 15 yards on the night. He was getting assaulted by the Jags defense plain and simple. Nelson for NL definitely won the RB duel between the top two rushers in state last night .
Congratulations, North Laurel. Keep on keeping on. This team is getting better every time they hit the field. :Thumbs:
Went and checked out the Jags since the hounds were off. I was impressed with the jags and think as long as they can beat people up front they will keep winning. McWorter and Nelson can get the job done, but the O-Line don't get enough credit. They need to get a little more involved in their short passing game to compete with Pulaski and Southwestern.
With Perry Central's loss to Whitley, it also officially sewed up the district title for the Jags, only the second in school history. They really do seem to be getting better each week, especially on the defensive side of the ball. Offense has been pretty doggone good all season.
Woohoo!! Congrats JAGS you are District Champs!! We have all been wanting to say it for a while but now it's official!! Congratulations boys and coaching staff, this is way overdue for all of you!! Also congrats to Steven Nelson for breaking the Touchdown record at North Laurel with number 26 coming on a 70 yard run!! The O-Line of Josh Boone, Mason Sherman, Brian Oliver, Trey Lewis, Nathan Gilpin, Ray Hays & Daniel Collier continues to do their thing with Jake McWhorter & Matt Sizemore clearing the path and the Defense rose to the occasion. Records are set and meant to be broken and that is just what this team is doing at North Laurel! Lots of football left still this year for the JAGS! Now before you ever get started we all know "Haters Gonna Hate" but that's ok cause Yes, Yes We are District CHAMPS!! Regardless of schedules or anything else negative you can throw off on, you can't change it!! WOOHOOO!!! God Bless & Go JAGS!!! :Thumbs:
TouchdownJaguars Wrote:Woohoo!! Congrats JAGS you are District Champs!! We have all been wanting to say it for a while but now it's official!! Congratulations boys and coaching staff, this is way overdue for all of you!! Also congrats to Steven Nelson for breaking the Touchdown record at North Laurel with number 26 coming on a 70 yard run!! The O-Line of Josh Boone, Mason Sherman, Brian Oliver, Trey Lewis, Nathan Gilpin, Ray Hays & Daniel Collier continues to do their thing with Jake McWhorter & Matt Sizemore clearing the path and the Defense rose to the occasion. Records are set and meant to be broken and that is just what this team is doing at North Laurel! Lots of football left still this year for the JAGS! Now before you ever get started we all know "Haters Gonna Hate" but that's ok cause Yes, Yes We are District CHAMPS!! Regardless of schedules or anything else negative you can throw off on, you can't change it!! WOOHOOO!!! God Bless & Go JAGS!!! :Thumbs:

Like I said before "5 years from now all anyone will remember was their record and that this was the team that broke the school record for most consecutive wins. Anything else that happens the rest of the season is just whipped cream with a cherry on top. It's all good"! Couple of things I would add is, they are breaking a lot of records, Nelson, broke one last evening, that's always good for the team and the school. Also, Coach Holcomb, has pulled off 3 state championships in his tenure as coach, everyone in the stands last evening figured his team would be a worthy opponent, with the #1 rusher in the state on that team. Nothing negative from this area of the Tri-County, continue on North Laurel, we are enjoying the ride!! :Thumbs:
Can't wait too see them play a worthy opponent in the second round off the playoffs
North had one flag thrown on them all night! One!!!
fence jumper Wrote:Can't wait too see them play a worthy opponent in the second round off the playoffs

I can not wait to see that game not going to be the out come most thank. going to be a battle.
43 D Wrote:I can not wait to see that game not going to be the out come most thank. going to be a battle.

I tend to agree with this, at one point I thought Southwestern would blow North out but after watching both, I think it will be a battle. I do think Southwestern will force North Laurel to pass the ball and that could end up costing North the game.
Leonards_loser Wrote:I tend to agree with this, at one point I thought Southwestern would blow North out but after watching both, I think it will be a battle. I do think Southwestern will force North Laurel to pass the ball and that could end up costing North the game.

If SW can stop the run game of north. North can pass and just has not had to they have ran over the teams they played. I thank that is going to help them because SW will have to load the box to stop them from running the ball and still might have trouble stopping them. If they do QB can hurt them. But both teams are vary good. IT WILL BE A GREAT GAME. :Thumbs:
Don't get the cart in front of the horse for both teams. North should win their last two regular season games and their first round game. Southwestern has three regular season games left plus their first round game. That's a lot of football left to play. If both teams can get to this game healthy, it will be a great one. North will be a handful for Southwestern, and vice versa.
walterwhite Wrote:Don't get the cart in front of the horse for both teams. North should win their last two regular season games and their first round game. Southwestern has three regular season games left plus their first round game. That's a lot of football left to play. If both teams can get to this game healthy, it will be a great one. North will be a handful for Southwestern, and vice versa.

I agree sorry one game at a time North.
Anybody that follows football knows how bad letcher def is. Most knew north woukd score 50 but I was wrong on north def. I had 51-20 North def is getting better and better. Sw will be a better game for north than pukaski co will be. Hope they get sw. Sw offense is pretty good but not high powered. Sw def is stout. Won't be no 50 points hung on them from north but I do think it would be one heck of a game From there on it anything can happen.
Without Williams LCC is doomed
LCC early schedule was deceiving as to how good they were. Problems in Cougar Nation.
HG_Bullfrogs Wrote:Left right before halftime in second quarter think he got less than 15 yards on the night. He was getting assaulted by the Jags defense plain and simple. Nelson for NL definitely won the RB duel between the top two rushers in state last night .

Williams hurt ankle in 1st quarter ! JW tried to go but was ineffective! Couldn't plant or cut! Wouldn't have mattered though. .....same outcome!
touchdownkentucky Wrote:Williams hurt ankle in 1st quarter ! JW tried to go but was ineffective! Couldn't plant or cut! Wouldn't have mattered though. .....same outcome!

Williams is a very good back but north to much for him. hope he is OK . I thank LCC needs him to have a chance to win any more games.
43 D Wrote:Williams is a very good back but north to much for him. hope he is OK . I thank LCC needs him to have a chance to win any more games.

We watched some film clips of this game last night my Buddy taped. #15 for North had Williams looking for an Exit sign while he was in the game.
Blitzer Wrote:We watched some film clips of this game last night my Buddy taped. #15 for North had Williams looking for an Exit sign while he was in the game.

I was at the game north#15 and the hole DF. But I hope the kids OK.
43 D Wrote:I was at the game north#15 and the hole DF. But I hope the kids OK.

The ambulance didn't make an appearance and he wasn't taken off on a stretcher, like other injured players have been at different times this year, so I would conclude from that, nothing broken anyway. :Thumbs: