Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Districts number 1 seeds
Just for fun and to pass time who do you got for the number 1 seeds for the start of the playoffs?

Class A:
Russellville
Campbellsville
Holy cross
Beechwood
Paris
Paintsville
Williamsburg
Pikeville

Class AA:
Mayfield
Owensboro Catholic
Monroe county
Desales
Walton-Verona
Lloyd memorial
Danville
Leslie county

Class AAA:
Caldwell county
Elizabethtown
Central
Boyle county
Fleming county
Belfry
Powell county
Corbin

Class AAAA:
Hopkinsville
South Warren
John Hardin
Spencer county
Mercer county
Knox central
Scott
Johnson central

Class AAAAA:
Owensboro
Bowling green
North bullitt
Fern creek
Covington Catholic
Anderson county
Pulaski county
North laurel

Class AAAAAA:
Mccracken
Central Hardin
Male
Trinity
Cooper
Simon Kenton
Scott county
Lafayette

I put them in order from district 1-8 for each respective class.
Cant speak for the rest of the Districts, but id be shocked if any of your district 1 picks in any class was wrong. Its spot on.
Pretty sure district 2 is spot on as well, but not familiar with much beyond those 2 districts.
Paintsville will not be number 1 .. Everyone is in love with a team that hasn't beat anybody the only team they have beaten with a winning record is pikeville who hasn't beat anybody either . Paintsville is way overrated
I dont think they (Paintsville or Pikeville) are over rated. I dont, however, believe that Paintsville is a clear shot number 1 seed. I think anyone in that district could win it. Even though Fairview is soft upfront and a little weak defensively, they can still put up points in a blink of an eye.
williamburg want win there district
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Paintsville will not be number 1 .. Everyone is in love with a team that hasn't beat anybody the only team they have beaten with a winning record is pikeville who hasn't beat anybody either . Paintsville is way overrated
Let's compare here. It seems you're a Raceland fan, based on the posts I've seen. With that in mind, I decided to look at the schedules.

Raceland: (5-2) combined record of the opponents they have beaten is 15-16. Their two losses were to teams who are combined 12-0. Total is 27-16, but it's a little misleading, as the first number shows. But have played 4 teams with winning records.

Paintsville: (7-0) opponents combined record is 15-27. Have played one team with a winning record (Pikeville).

Pikeville: (5-2) combined records of opponents they've beaten is 15-17, record of the opponents in their two losses is 12-1. Have played 4 teams with winning records
I think Ashland 3A #3/4, Lucasville(currently #1 in their region and AP #5 in their division), and Belfry would all landslide victories over Paintsvilles best win, which is over Burbon Co. Granted they blasted Bourbon Co, I just dont think those 3 are seperated by much, if anthing (rams, tigers, panthers that is).
knox fan Wrote:williamburg want win there district

Who's going to beat them?
A Lynn camp team that squeaked by McCreary?
Harlan who's best win comes against bracken county?
Or pineville? Which does have the best shot but it's just my opinion.
Pineville has a shot, but i think wburg wins their district.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:I think Ashland 3A #3/4, Lucasville(currently #1 in their region and AP #5 in their division), and Belfry would all landslide victories over Paintsvilles best win, which is over Burbon Co. Granted they blasted Bourbon Co, I just dont think those 3 are seperated by much, if anthing (rams, tigers, panthers that is).
Bourbon Co would get waxed by Pikeville and you know it. Pikeville is Paintsvilles best win this season.
Paintsville is the real deal
Pikeville also is a 1 seed in their distict
One of these 2 schools will come out of the east. I can't wait for the rematch.
Eagleland Wrote:Paintsville is the real deal
Pikeville also is a 1 seed in their distict
One of these 2 schools will come out of the east. I can't wait for the rematch.

Put the booze down buddy
Pikeville beats Paintsville in a rematch. I'm not a huge fan of either one but anyone who was at the game knows Pikeville gave it away.
How can you have Leslie co. Picked over Shelby Vallley in District 8 ? If I'm not mistaken Valley won that District as well as the Region last year. And are loaded again this year. Valley wins this District straight out this year.
PHSForever Wrote:Bourbon Co would get waxed by Pikeville and you know it. Pikeville is Paintsvilles best win this season.

My appolgies. I wasnt including that game. I agree Pikeville would thump Bourbon as well.
Pikeville is Paintsvilles best win, I some how let that classic slip my mind.
Im going to throw my perdiction out for class 3a district 6
1.Belfry
2.Pike county central or Lc bulldogs not really sure on that cause both teams can score points when they what and if both wanna play can beat good teams
3.Sheldon clark they seem like there staring to improve.but hey who know they might end up being they 2 seed nodody knows.
I agree. Pikeville would thump Bourbon County.
Pineville wiliamsburg Harlan lynncamp my prediction
Pikeville,Paintsville and Raceland will have there shots in the next few weeks. Paris can not be overlooked come playoff time because they will have speed and are playing with confidence.

But I will add that if Pikeville plays like they did against Hazard then I don't think they can be beat.(offensively).. They will need to work some more on the defense some but not real much to work on.
We will see. I heard at the beginning of the season how Pikeville could not be beat.
Don't give Danville the Dist. Championship yet. Got 2 tough games with LCA and Somerset. Just saying !!!!!!
bac2369 Wrote:Pikeville,Paintsville and Raceland will have there shots in the next few weeks. Paris can not be overlooked come playoff time because they will have speed and are playing with confidence.

But I will add that if Pikeville plays like they did against Hazard then I don't think they can be beat.(offensively).. They will need to work some more on the defense some but not real much to work on.

The east side of Class A is more competitive and wide-open than it has been in many years . . . should be a lot of fun to see who loses to Beechwood in the finals.
What eastern Kentucky team was the last one to beat Beechwood in the playoffs?
BigMelon63 Wrote:What eastern Kentucky team was the last one to beat Beechwood in the playoffs?
If you consider them an EKY team, the answer would be Middlesboro in the semifinals in 98
KHSAA website goes back to 1987. Many 404 errors.
Gitback Coach Wrote:The east side of Class A is more competitive and wide-open than it has been in many years . . . should be a lot of fun to see who loses to Beechwood in the finals.

Beechwood can be beat, as Pikeville has proved in a big way many times.
Mayfield who beat the crap out of Beechwood last year needed 3 miracles to get by Williamsburg, who dominated them, last year. So I call bull**** on your post.Confusedilly:
bac2369 Wrote:Pikeville,Paintsville and Raceland will have there shots in the next few weeks. Paris can not be overlooked come playoff time because they will have speed and are playing with confidence.

You got that right bac2369. I think Hazard showed the Panthers what needs to be corrected. If this team can get the defense caught up with the offense.....it will get very interesting.
PHSForever Wrote:If you consider them an EKY team, the answer would be Middlesboro in the semifinals in 98

LCA 2009 i think.