Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence County @ Belfry 10/9
In the pound Wrote:I don't know how lc will respond after this past game. I think most lc fans just wanna see if lc has closed the gap and can keep getting better. Belfry has lc respect and hope that one day our program can mirror what the belfry program has done over the past 13- 14 years. It's incredible when you think that belfry has played in the state game 7 straight times!

I really think had Belfry not been there, Lawrence county would have played in some of those state title games. Much like Johnson Central and Ashland lost respect because they ran into Highlands and CovCath, Lawrence County would have made some title runs in the past had Belfry not been in the way.
0ff The Chain Wrote:I understand this may be a complete shock to most of the people on here but just every once in a blue moon it does effect a football teams speed and passing attack when the conditions are wet,muddy and slick and the football feels like you are throwing a pumpkin. Deep throws were off but I think some of that is due to the receivers not getting up to the normal speed due to mud and the ball being wet and slick. Just a thought anyways.

Agree, but Raceland played in the same weather, and they throw a lot more (normally) during the course of a game than Lawrence Co. does. Having said that there were several times that Lawrence Co. receivers were behind the RAM's secondary but were overthrown. Still think the RAM's defensive adjustments in the second half were a factor. RAM's offense left a few first half scores off the board by shooting themselves in the foot. Having said all of this...sometimes it's better to be lucky than good during a close game. I'd say ask UK & Coach Stoops that and they'd agree.
Go Dawgs!
Lawrence County has a good team mostly due to this group of seniors, several of this young men have been starters since they were freshman, lc does not reload like belfry does. That is the difference between a good team and great program like belfry. Belfry has been consistently good for many years and will continue to for many more, even after Coach retires. LC I believe will have major fall off after this year, that being said, this game will be a tall order for the dawgs they will need to play a perfect game and force belfry to make a few mistakes. This group of dawgs have never beaten the pirates, with a near perfect game they chance.
This will be a ballgame, guarantee it.
Do-double-gg Wrote:If we play that small defensive line against Belfry then don't even make the trip! Belfry has the largest, strongest and most talented O line we will see or have seen all year. I think our best chance is to play the big guys and stack everything but the kitchen sink in the box and dare Belfry to throw it. No one has had consistent pass sucess on us all season and we definitely have the athletes in the defensive secondary to defend it. On offense we need to spread em out as much as possible. We have some of the best receivers around and its time to start using them a little more. We have something we didn't in this game last year and that is a home run hitter at TB. Robert Dalton is very fast and he can also line up as receiver. I think we need to have both split out wide some because that is a match up nightmare for any defense.With a good game plan we have the size and athletes to play with this team. We haven't had a lot of turnovers this season till the last two games so we need to clean that up................and clean up the coaching mistakes also. I think the coaches should be running their buts off in practice Monday lol.

I don't know where you get Robert Dalton is a tb, he has not not lined up tb all year. Robert is a great athlete, he has great speed, and if he had played football the last 4 years he may have been a great football player, has of right noe he is a weapon that belfry will need to account for. If lc trys to run the ball up the middle all night it will be long night, they will need to use their speed on the corners to move the ball and keep the belfry offense of the field.
Belfry0304 Wrote:This will be a ballgame, guarantee it.

For a quarter, maybe :biggrin:
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:LC had better mix some things up on the DL, Belfry would beat either of the teams i watched on the field last night by 4 or 5 TDs. LC stats from last night, depending on where you are looking, had the having around 235 yards rushing (around 180 in the first half to go with 2 TDs for T Dalton). So they only managed 70 yards rushing in the second half, 30 of it came on one run by Mosely and T Dalton was shut down. LC has way too many weapons to limit themselves to what they did last night. If I am LC, I would work on deep routes and timing with Kiser and the recievers. Raceland's secondary played a great game. But Kiser missed on 3 or 4 would be touchdowns.

Scotty it is not entirely ture to say the rams shut out timmy in the second half, while it is ture he did not have a second half td, he only had one attempt in the second half, if anyone shut down timmy it was the lc coaching staff for not giving him the ball.
Slic Ric Wrote:Agree, but Raceland played in the same weather, and they throw a lot more (normally) during the course of a game than Lawrence Co. does. Having said that there were several times that Lawrence Co. receivers were behind the RAM's secondary but were overthrown. Still think the RAM's defensive adjustments in the second half were a factor. RAM's offense left a few first half scores off the board by shooting themselves in the foot. Having said all of this...sometimes it's better to be lucky than good during a close game. I'd say ask UK & Coach Stoops that and they'd agree.

ahh ...honestly I will not say Raceland won because of luck. they took advantage of the opportunities that were presented to them and made the plays when they had to. They could have easily quit after the sack/fumble at the end of the game but they kept fighting and stripped the ball and took it to the house. I respect the effort. This week LC will have to play darn near perfect to have a chance in this one. Belfry can be beat by LC but it is gonna take 4 quarters of hard,mistake free football. Gotta find ways to keep it close and hang around in the 2nd half of these games with Belfry. LC seems to be able to keep it close for awhile but Belfry wears them down later in games and pulls away. Dealing with their size in the trenches is a very tall task for 4 quarters and that will be the biggest hurdle.
I wouldn't want to face Belfry this week.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IronMan86 Wrote:Takes a big man to talk down on a bunch of high school kids from behind a keyboard as well. Just throwing that out there.

Belfry will bounce back in a big way this week.

I figured its acceptable to call a team soft, and talk bout how another team plays big boy football on a Belfry thread. Ive heard Belfry fans talk about how they play big boy smash mouth football about a dozen hundred times. I even remember some comments from some Belfry fans about my team last year. Yall didn't mind talking how your d linemen dominated Knoxville Catholic, so I don't mind talking about how yours got dominated in this one. A good troll will never let you down, and will live up to his word. I said I would bash yall when you got handled by Cabell Midland. Do you want me to be a liar, and not stick to my word? Funny how every Belfry fan thought yall would either win, or at least keep it close. Now that yall got smoked like a King Edward yall want to pull the well they are a bigger school card.
Belfry0304 Wrote:This will be a ballgame, guarantee it.

Talk about sandbagging. We both know this wont be close. I know we found out Belfry was soft, but come on yall will do fine except against Johnson Central, and Boyle County.
killbilly usmc Wrote:Talk about sandbagging. We both know this wont be close. I know we found out Belfry was soft, but come on yall will do fine except against Johnson Central, and Boyle County.

So, we lost. BIG ASS DEAL?? Just like little kids on here...you're just making asses of yourselves. Knowledgeable fans and adults like to discuss the game. Kids like to troll and be asshats.

If you notice, no intelligent fan has posted in that stupid thread on "Banning Belfry from playing outside of Ky" It a ridiculous and stupid thread that I wanted to delete at first, but I thought that I should let the asses of the site show their lack of common sense.

Have a Great Day!
killbilly usmc Wrote:I figured its acceptable to call a team soft, and talk bout how another team plays big boy football on a Belfry thread. Ive heard Belfry fans talk about how they play big boy smash mouth football about a dozen hundred times. I even remember some comments from some Belfry fans about my team last year. Yall didn't mind talking how your d linemen dominated Knoxville Catholic, so I don't mind talking about how yours got dominated in this one. A good troll will never let you down, and will live up to his word. I said I would bash yall when you got handled by Cabell Midland. Do you want me to be a liar, and not stick to my word? Funny how every Belfry fan thought yall would either win, or at least keep it close. Now that yall got smoked like a King Edward yall want to pull the well they are a bigger school card.

PLEASE KEEP THIS THREAD ON THE TOPIC OF "BELFRY VS. LAWRENCE COUNTY"

If you want to troll, please go back to the Cabell Midland\Belfry Thread.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Look for Belfry to give Lawrence County a beat down. Confusederiously:

Belfry 49
Lawrence County 13
BelfryPride Wrote:So, we lost. BIG ASS DEAL?? Just like little kids on here...you're just making asses of yourselves. Knowledgeable fans and adults like to discuss the game. Kids like to troll and be asshats.

If you notice, no intelligent fan has posted in that stupid thread on "Banning Belfry from playing outside of Ky" It a ridiculous and stupid thread that I wanted to delete at first, but I thought that I should let the asses of the site show their lack of common sense.

Have a Great Day!

You have a great day as well.:Thumbs:
64SUR Wrote:Look for Belfry to give Lawrence County a beat down. Confusederiously:

Belfry 49
Lawrence County 13

I think they will beat them bad 2, but im just a troll, what do I know.
killbilly usmc Wrote:I figured its acceptable to call a team soft, and talk bout how another team plays big boy football on a Belfry thread. Ive heard Belfry fans talk about how they play big boy smash mouth football about a dozen hundred times. I even remember some comments from some Belfry fans about my team last year. Yall didn't mind talking how your d linemen dominated Knoxville Catholic, so I don't mind talking about how yours got dominated in this one. A good troll will never let you down, and will live up to his word. I said I would bash yall when you got handled by Cabell Midland. Do you want me to be a liar, and not stick to my word? Funny how every Belfry fan thought yall would either win, or at least skeep it close. Now that yall got smoked like a King Edward yall want to pull the well they are a bigger school card.

Not every Belfry can thought we would keep it close or even win. If you are going to troll at least speak the truths. I for one didn't even post in the prediction thread, and several other posters predicted at beginning of year that Belfry would take a lose. Just to set the record straight. As far as Belfry fans and comments about your team...90% has never been nothing but praise to Mayfield as they have earned it. I think y'all make stuff up as you go. A good troll will at the very least use facts.
BelfryPride Wrote:So, we lost. BIG ASS DEAL?? Just like little kids on here...you're just making asses of yourselves. Knowledgeable fans and adults like to discuss the game. Kids like to troll and be asshats.

Have a Great Day!

I take offence to that. I posted on that thread and am fairly football intelligent, but i do like taking jabs right back at the trolls, especially doug, who is just stupid in his trolling.
Crossbones Wrote:Not every Belfry can thought we would keep it close or even win. If you are going to troll at least speak the truths. I for one didn't even post in the prediction thread, and several other posters predicted at beginning of year that Belfry would take a lose. Just to set the record straight. As far as Belfry fans and comments about your team...90% has never been nothing but praise to Mayfield as they have earned it. I think y'all make stuff up as you go. A good troll will at the very least use facts.

I speak the facts. I remember Belfry fans saying how unimpressed they where, even in there win. If you cant say nothing nice don't say nothing at all, except when its time to return the favor.:biglmao:
Crossbones Wrote:I take offence to that. I posted on that thread and am fairly football intelligent, but i do like taking jabs right back at the trolls, especially doug, who is just stupid in his trolling.

That was not meant to be directed towards you, they know who I'm talking to. I just refuse to feed the trolls.

Can't ban them unless they break the rules so I'll let them show their asses. Trolls generally don't have a life. They survive off making others miserable as they are.
I actually kinda like Belfry. I just kinda like messing with yall even more. Don't take it personal. Everyone loses, and I know yall will be sure to bash me when Mayfield exits the playoffs, which is likely to happen if the line doesn't get better.
BelfryPride Wrote:That was not meant to be directed towards you, they know who I'm talking to. I just refuse to feed the trolls.

Can't ban them unless they break the rules so I'll let them show their asses. Trolls generally don't have a life. They survive off making others miserable as they are.

:trolldad2::truestory: This guy must be spying on me to know me that well.
killbilly usmc Wrote:I speak the facts. I remember Belfry fans saying how unimpressed they where, even in there win. If you cant say nothing nice don't say nothing at all, except when its time to return the favor.:biglmao:

Please go back and show me that and the fact that they were really Belfry fans and I will offer an appolagy. But to be butt hurt because someone said they were unimpressed with them and trolling them is well, is childish.
killbilly usmc Wrote:I actually kinda like Belfry. I just kinda like messing with yall even more. Don't take it personal. Everyone loses, and I know yall will be sure to bash me when Mayfield exits the playoffs, which is likely to happen if the line doesn't get better.

I for one won't, Mayfield has built a dynasty and that can't be bashed.
Crossbones Wrote:Please go back and show me that and the fact that they were really Belfry fans and I will offer an appolagy. But to be butt hurt because someone said they were unimpressed with them and trolling them is well, is childish.

I haven't lost that much sleep about it, and wont waste my time to look it up not that big a deal. It was said though along with some comments about the injuries in 2011. I don't need a apology, and sure it may be viewed as childish for me to kid around but that's my personality. Im not sure im the one that's really butt hurt on here. Hate to break the bad news, but im fixin to have to get ready for work, and wont be able to troll yall.TongueirateSho
Crossbones Wrote:I for one won't, Mayfield has built a dynasty and that can't be bashed.

Quit being nice. I don't have the heart to bash people that nice.
killbilly usmc Wrote:Quit being nice. I don't have the heart to bash people that nice.

Just being honest. Every program in the state should try to mirror teams like Highlands and Mayfield and Trinity.
Call it what you want. Lawrence has an athletic team that can run and throw, I think they can give us a challenge.
Belfry names the score in this one. LC is gonna be playing a very talented, upset Pirate team. They better protect themselves.