Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence County @ Belfry 10/9
Who ya got and why?
Just like the last 2 years I just want to see us close the gap and keep it competitive. If we can make the Belfry varsity stay on the field the whole game like last October then that's a win in my book.
As pissed off as Belfry will be after tonight, i would hate to have to play them next week!!

Confusednicker:
I don't know it depends on how lc takes this loss. Belfry will be angry and ready to bounce back!
It will be interesting to see how/if LC bounces back after the Herat breaking loss they just had. I know belfry will be wanting to get back on track but it will also be interesting how they will react to the beat down they just took. With all that said Belfry will be a heavy favorite to win this one as they should be. Good luck to both. I'll be pulling for my Dawg Family but I know it's all up hill but anything can happen on any given Friday night under the lights.
Dawg Family Wrote:It will be interesting to see how/if LC bounces back after the Herat breaking loss they just had. I know belfry will be wanting to get back on track but it will also be interesting how they will react to the beat down they just took. With all that said Belfry will be a heavy favorite to win this one as they should be. Good luck to both. I'll be pulling for my Dawg Family but I know it's all up hill but anything can happen on any given Friday night under the lights.

IT jUST DID
It just did
Dawg Family Wrote:It will be interesting to see how/if LC bounces back after the Herat breaking loss they just had. I know belfry will be wanting to get back on track but it will also be interesting how they will react to the beat down they just took. With all that said Belfry will be a heavy favorite to win this one as they should be. Good luck to both. I'll be pulling for my Dawg Family but I know it's all up hill but anything can happen on any given Friday night under the lights.
dawgs will be fine. raceland just a scrimmage. dawgs beat them pretty much everywhere but score board. belfry is the game. it will most likely determine district champ. lc has a long shot of winning if they can keep close but if they play that small defensive line it will be over early.
Belfrey by eleventy billion!
when I first saw Belfrys schedule early on I told my brother that Belfry could go 5-5 or 9-1 or anywhere in between. That 5-5 counted a loss to LC. This has become THE district game with Sheldon Clark being so terrible lately and Pike Central being Pike Central. the dogs CAN beat Belfry but I don't think they will. Belfry will be fired up, at home and looking to make a statement. LC competes early and keeps it close before letting it slip away and loosing by 14+ the Pirates rattle off 3 straight wins before JC comes to town and this will be the only contest.
If we play that small defensive line against Belfry then don't even make the trip! Belfry has the largest, strongest and most talented O line we will see or have seen all year. I think our best chance is to play the big guys and stack everything but the kitchen sink in the box and dare Belfry to throw it. No one has had consistent pass sucess on us all season and we definitely have the athletes in the defensive secondary to defend it. On offense we need to spread em out as much as possible. We have some of the best receivers around and its time to start using them a little more. We have something we didn't in this game last year and that is a home run hitter at TB. Robert Dalton is very fast and he can also line up as receiver. I think we need to have both split out wide some because that is a match up nightmare for any defense.With a good game plan we have the size and athletes to play with this team. We haven't had a lot of turnovers this season till the last two games so we need to clean that up................and clean up the coaching mistakes also. I think the coaches should be running their buts off in practice Monday lol.
LC had better mix some things up on the DL, Belfry would beat either of the teams i watched on the field last night by 4 or 5 TDs. LC stats from last night, depending on where you are looking, had the having around 235 yards rushing (around 180 in the first half to go with 2 TDs for T Dalton). So they only managed 70 yards rushing in the second half, 30 of it came on one run by Mosely and T Dalton was shut down. LC has way too many weapons to limit themselves to what they did last night. If I am LC, I would work on deep routes and timing with Kiser and the recievers. Raceland's secondary played a great game. But Kiser missed on 3 or 4 would be touchdowns.
dawgbyte02 Wrote:dawgs will be fine. raceland just a scrimmage. dawgs beat them pretty much everywhere but score board.

Nope...Raceland had 283 total yards of offense & Lawrence Co. had 273.
Raceland had 226 rushing & 57 passing, & Lawrence Co. had 210 rushing & 63 passing. Raceland also had 17 first downs to the Dawg's 13.
Belfry embarrassed themselves out of state competition against CM, next week they embarrass themselves against in-state competiton.

Lawrence County - 28
Belfry - 21
WideRight05 Wrote:Belfry embarrassed themselves out of state competition against CM, next week they embarrass themselves against in-state competiton.

Lawrence County - 28
Belfry - 21

Not near as much as Highlands has embarrassed themselves all year against everyone they have played.:Sad04:
Going with Dawgs on this one. Just have a feeling.
Belfry by as many as they want.
Belfry by 18
Im going with belfry 41
Lc 21
Belfry 42
Dawgs 14
Belfry by 4 tds
If LC can't handle a class A team at home then no way against Belfry.
35-14 Pirates
Slic Ric Wrote:Nope...Raceland had 283 total yards of offense & Lawrence Co. had 273.
Raceland had 226 rushing & 57 passing, & Lawrence Co. had 210 rushing & 63 passing. Raceland also had 17 first downs to the Dawg's 13.

Slic Id love to know what Lawrence Co second half stats were. They only finished with 210 on the ground and Dalton had well over 100 on his own in the first half. Outside of Mosely's TD run, it looked like we (Raceland) pretty well shut them down in the 2nd and 3rd quarter.

I also agree that LC has a good group of WR. But I dont think Kiser can get them the ball on a consistent enough basis. He over or under threw atleast 3 balls the should have went for TDs. If they can find a way to get their WR and QB in sync w each other they are a much more dangerous ball club. But I think its too late in the year for that to happen.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Slic Id love to know what Lawrence Co second half stats were. They only finished with 210 on the ground and Dalton had well over 100 on his own in the first half. Outside of Mosely's TD run, it looked like we (Raceland) pretty well shut them down in the 2nd and 3rd quarter.

I also agree that LC has a good group of WR. But I dont think Kiser can get them the ball on a consistent enough basis. He over or under threw atleast 3 balls the should have went for TDs. If they can find a way to get their WR and QB in sync w each other they are a much more dangerous ball club. But I think its too late in the year for that to happen.

I understand this may be a complete shock to most of the people on here but just every once in a blue moon it does effect a football teams speed and passing attack when the conditions are wet,muddy and slick and the football feels like you are throwing a pumpkin. Deep throws were off but I think some of that is due to the receivers not getting up to the normal speed due to mud and the ball being wet and slick. Just a thought anyways.
Pirates-49 only because Haywood doesn't like to score more than that
LC-6 on Belfrys JV team
Belfry a lot
Lawrence County very little

Too much talent in Pond Creek for LC to compete with and I'm sure they will be looking to take out some frustrations!
Hope Belfry shows no mercy.
Belfry needs to get there confidence back. A lot of them lost there manhood, and are probably listening to boy George. They need a easy game so they can forget how soft they are. In the end they will make it to Bowling Green, but will get beat down by Boyle County. They play big boy football over there.
killbilly usmc Wrote:Belfry needs to get there confidence back. A lot of them lost there manhood, and are probably listening to boy George. They need a easy game so they can forget how soft they are. In the end they will make it to Bowling Green, but will get beat down by Boyle County. They play big boy football over there.

Takes a big man to talk down on a bunch of high school kids from behind a keyboard as well. Just throwing that out there.

Belfry will bounce back in a big way this week.
I don't know how lc will respond after this past game. I think most lc fans just wanna see if lc has closed the gap and can keep getting better. Belfry has lc respect and hope that one day our program can mirror what the belfry program has done over the past 13- 14 years. It's incredible when you think that belfry has played in the state game 7 straight times!
Belfry 66 - Lawrence County 00

(Sorry Dawg fans I don't really think you will lose by this much, but I am married to a Lawrence County graduate and this game always makes for interesting conversations at home.)