Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15th Region Player of the Year
Basketball season is drawing closer to an end. This is the last week of regular season action and I was wondering who you guys think are the top candidates for Player of the Year in the 15th. My choices would be Brad Lowe of Pike Central and possibly Sean Leslie of Prestonsburg. Let's hear your thoughts.
1. Brad Lowe
2. Brad Lowe
3. Brad Lowe

That sums it up...My top 3, and only choices...
"alfus21" Wrote:1. Brad Lowe
2. Brad Lowe
3. Brad Lowe

That sums it up...My top 3, and only choices...

Sure, Lowe scores in bunches. But what kind of an impact does he make on his team? I think that PC would be a good team without Lowe, and Prestonsburg would struggle without Leslie. Sean scores alot of points, averages many rebounds, many blocks, and has stepped-up numerous times in clutch situations. My vote goes to Sean Leslie. Get em' big man!
Yeah but this isn't an MVP(Most Valuable Player) thread like you just made it sound...It's player of the year, and Lowe is dominating this Region with points..And trust me, Pike Central wouldn't be half as good without him...
"alfus21" Wrote:Yeah but this isn't an MVP(Most Valuable Player) thread like you just made it sound...It's player of the year, and Lowe is dominating this Region with points..And trust me, Pike Central wouldn't be half as good without him...

Well, it's just my opinion, and I'm not trying to start anything by any means alfus, because your opinion is a good one. But I think that a player of the year should also have alot to do with how he helps his team.
"alfus21" Wrote:Yeah but this isn't an MVP(Most Valuable Player) thread like you just made it sound...It's player of the year, and Lowe is dominating this Region with points..And trust me, Pike Central wouldn't be half as good without him...
You do make a pretty good point Alfus. This is POY and he is like 3rd in the state in scoring so he should definitely be POY.
Brad Lowe
and at times Kyle Rice
I like Brad Lowe for this. but if it were Most Valuable player, i would go Thompson from Lawrence
Landon Slone anyone?
"blackcatfan4life" Wrote:You do make a pretty good point Alfus. This is POY and he is like 3rd in the state in scoring so he should definitely be POY.

Thanks for understanding what I was trying to say..If it was MVP we'd be having a different conversation, but I think Thompson from Lawrence would be a great choice for that...But no way Lowe isn't the player of the year..He's tearing the Region up...
"alfus21" Wrote:Thanks for understanding what I was trying to say..If it was MVP we'd be having a different conversation, but I think Thompson from Lawrence would be a great choice for that...But no way Lowe isn't the player of the year..He's tearing the Region up...

:Thumbs:
Brad Lowe
"blackcatpride06" Wrote:Sure, Lowe scores in bunches. But what kind of an impact does he make on his team? I think that PC would be a good team without Lowe, and Prestonsburg would struggle without Leslie. Sean scores alot of points, averages many rebounds, many blocks, and has stepped-up numerous times in clutch situations. My vote goes to Sean Leslie. Get em' big man!
Brad Lowe is the 15th Reg Player of the Year...no vote needed...it's a runaway.
Prestonsburg struggles with Leslie at times also.
probley Brad Lowe
Brad Lowe- Hands Down. His Consistency Throughout The Year Make Him The Easy Choice.
Brad Lowe.
"Warrior" Wrote:Landon Slone anyone?

It's an award that's given to seniors, so Slone isn't eligible. Wouldn't matter if he was anyways because it would still be a runaway for Brad Lowe.
"fox sports" Wrote:Brad Lowe is the 15th Reg Player of the Year...no vote needed...it's a runaway.
Prestonsburg struggles with Leslie at times also.

No offense intended here but Pike Central has also struggled when Lowe is playing. We've heard more about Lowe because of the high scoring avg. in the region and state, But is it POY or who can score the most? POY IMO is well rounded in all areas of the game. Not saying Lowe Isnt mind you. I just feel because someone puts alot of points up that's not reason enough. Leslie and Thompson would also be deserving of consideration.
"THUNDERCHILD" Wrote:Leslie and Thompson would also be deserving of consideration.

They aren't even in the same league as Lowe.
[QUOTE="Warrior"]Landon Slone anyone?[/QUOT

slones turnover rate is high, shooting % low, plays 0 defensive and shows NO teamplay. now,the boy can shoot and will shoot. but he will have to work on these before his senior year.
BRAD LOWE hands down is the best in the region and top 5 in the state.
Leslie
Thompson
Lowe
Brad Lowe
0 defense may i ask who your watching.. He does have work to do but 0 defense and i am not sure on the % per game bat i think he is averaging 4 to 5 assists per game , and around 8 to 9 rebs. per game 2 or 3 blocked shots takes a charge everyonce in a while.. We may not be talking about the same Landon Slone though.. I think there is just one around though.. If he stays healthy by his senior yr he will dominant just like Brad Lowe.
I would have to give it to either Brad Lowe or Thompson from Lawrence County. They both are the thread that keeps their teams together and both are tough competitors.
1. Brad Lowe: Pike Central

2. Everyone else. Lowe has played with such consitencey all year and has elevated PCC to one of the elite teams. There are other players that deserve mentioning like Thompson of Lawrence, May of Sheldon Clark, & Maynard of Belfry. I don't consider Leslie of P'burg to be in the company of these other kids, but that is just the way I see it. Fact of the matter is that THIS regular season Brad Lowe has been the best basketball player in the region, but come next week the regular season dosn't mean squat........
Thompson or Lowe
Be a close race since they are both in the top 30 in the state in scoring, Thompson is in the top 30 in rebounding also though and Lowe isn't.As far as the other stats I don't know who comes out on top in those since I couldn't find Lowes stats. But they are both key to each team and play harder than almost anyone in the region. My hat off to both these KIDS, well done!!:rock:
"LazerMan" Wrote:[QUOTE="Warrior"]Landon Slone anyone?[/QUOT

slones turnover rate is high, shooting % low, plays 0 defensive and shows NO teamplay. now,the boy can shoot and will shoot. but he will have to work on these before his senior year.

These are areas that Mr. Slone needs to improve on, all sophomores have problem areas.
More than likely Brad Lowe will get it.
"THUNDERCHILD" Wrote:No offense intended here but Pike Central has also struggled when Lowe is playing. We've heard more about Lowe because of the high scoring avg. in the region and state, But is it POY or who can score the most? POY IMO is well rounded in all areas of the game. Not saying Lowe Isnt mind you. I just feel because someone puts alot of points up that's not reason enough. Leslie and Thompson would also be deserving of consideration.

Remind you of anything, Micheal Hall from South Floyd in 2002-03 got POY. Personally I thought Brandon Wheeler of Johnson Central should have got it as much as I hate to say it. Wheeler averaged 20+ ppg, 10+ rpg, 5+ bpg, what else do you gotta do. Micheal Hall averaged 25+ ppg and maybe 5 apg, bout it. POINTS has ALOT to do with it, more than you think. I'm not questioning your theory cause I agree with you. Thompson averages a double-double easy, 20+ ppg and 10+ rpg, BUT Lowe averages what, 30 ppg. The funniest thing is, Brandon Wheeler didn't even get Johnson County POY somehow.