Poll: #1 Paintsville vs Bourbon County
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Paintsville
52.38%
Bourbon County
47.62%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#2 Paintsville vs Bourbon County 9/25
TigerBlues Wrote:Excellent question Motley, I saw that on Twitter and also understand there are quite a few starters out for this game

Not good! 5 pretty tough games in a row before the playoffs even start. Hope it's nothing serious.
4 players are banged up. Luckily there is a deep roster for once.
Motley Wrote:Hearing Kash is hurt? Any truth?

??
It's week 5 everyone is a little banged up , Paintsville is deep and talent oozing out every where heck they are #1 in the polls , they will just walk through the district and region straight to the carpet but...... There is a little ole team down 23 that has owed Paintsville the last few years and I believe their seniors have a big ole goose egg against the little Rams heck they only have 65 players on the roster this year and kash has given this team enough bulletin board material this year there's no room left for any other teams stuff .. Let me be the first to thank him for that and next let me be the first to tell all the Paintsville fans Raceland is coming and it's gonna be another mud hole stomping , behind the wood shed butt kicking they received last year make no mistake about it
BigMelon63 Wrote:There are plenty kids in Johnson County to go around. To think Coach Matney doesn't try to get kids from the Paintsville school district is just not true. The County kids I've talked to come so they can have an opportunity to play early or have parents that played at Paintsville in the past and want to carry on the family legacy. I don't see a problem with either reason. I cheer for both teams and wish success for both districts. Heck Eagle 84 why don't you break down the rosters for the past 40 years and you will see kids from Paintsville playing at Central and kids from the county playing at Paintsville. No big deal.
Go Tigers!!!
Go Golden Eagles!!!

BigMelon your used name would be perfect if you just had "head" to the name. Big Melon Head for once you did not build your statement around a LIE, they have been kids play for both teams for the city and county. The problem is not having kids play for both teams (I believe some kids are better fits at one school or the other) it the number of kids who play for both teams and how they get there. If you look back at Coach Matney area I can only think of one kid who came over from Paintsville and played a significant role. Hell “BigMelon Head” currently on the 2015 Paintsville Team I can count about 10 kids from the county with many of them playing significant roles. That your vision of FAIR? I would think it would be just to say over the past 40 years all of Paintsville great teams had a roster full of county kids playing significant roles.
Sorry BigMelonHEAD" got me off track with his lies. I have though hard about this game. The more I think about it the hard it gets to make a decision. I head tells me Paintsville may have over schedule and may be in trouble. However, the more I look and read on Bourbon County the more I think Paintsville can play with them. I think Paintsville wins if the game is competitive no matter what the score ends, as long as Paintsville do not get anyone injured. This is a game where Paintsville can win the game but lose the season or lose the game and win confidence or future. I will just have to wait and see what happens.
The population of Johnson County is 16000 or so with 2000 maybe in the city which is part of Johnson county whether you like it or not. If kids want to play for either school it doesn't matter to me. They should be given a choice to decide where they want to go. I asked my son when we moved back where he wanted to go to school and he chose Paintsville. If he would have chosen Johnson Central I would have been fine with that too. I have very close friends for one reason or another have taken their kids out of Paintsville and taken them to other schools. the important thing is to let the families decide where they want to go and excel. Not some bogus school system line BS. I love to see kids have the opportunity to play sports no matter what school it is. And I ain't lying.
BigMelon63 Wrote:The population of Johnson County is 16000 or so with 2000 maybe in the city which is part of Johnson county whether you like it or not. If kids want to play for either school it doesn't matter to me. They should be given a choice to decide where they want to go. I asked my son when we moved back where he wanted to go to school and he chose Paintsville. If he would have chosen Johnson Central I would have been fine with that too. I have very close friends for one reason or another have taken their kids out of Paintsville and taken them to other schools. the important thing is to let the families decide where they want to go and excel. Not some bogus school system line BS. I love to see kids have the opportunity to play sports no matter what school it is. And I ain't lying.

I thought the population figures looked a little low.

The 2014 census for Johnson Co. was 23,262

The 2013 census for Paintsville was 4,283
Eagle84 Wrote:Not sure what the hell you talking about "OLD BALL COACH" I would guess JC had gotten less than 1 transfer in a year who plays football in Matney Area. Hell if Paintsville only got 1 JC transfer a year they been lucky to field a team. IF YOU WOULD LIKE I CAN BREAK DOWN EACH TEAM ROSTER. :lame:
What makes you think I am talking about only Paintsville kids? Where did the JC QB play his middle school ball? Just because JC hasn't been very "successful" in luring Psintsville kids, doesn't mean that they haven't been trying. You are either in denial, or you really believe that the readers here are naive.
LOL Bob. I'm just showing my age. I didn't go check out the newest census numbers.
BigMelon63 Wrote:LOL Bob. I'm just showing my age. I didn't go check out the newest census numbers.

No biggie Melon, I just thought it sounded a little low and just out of curiousity's sake, looked it up...However, if you were born in the 1850's you would have hit the nail slap dab on the head..:biggrin:

j/k
I had no idea it was that high, good call on stats again Seger !
I vote for MelonHead to kick Eagle84's ass for calling him a laar'

:rockon:
Old Ball Coach Wrote:What makes you think I am talking about only Paintsville kids? Where did the JC QB play his middle school ball? Just because JC hasn't been very "successful" in luring Paintsville kids, doesn't mean that they haven't been trying. You are either in denial, or you really believe that the readers here are naive.
n
Tim you have made 72 post with this account and all but one post had been on a natural topic, JC or Paintsville. SO if not "Paintsville" who then was you talking about?

Tim if you look back over Coach Matney years at JC how many transfer can you name maybe 10 in over 10 years? Paintsville had like 8 from Flat Gap Grade School alone on their current roster. Add in the other school in the county and you getting in the 35 % (12 to 15 players) range of the current roster.

I will give you that they a few players who JC would like to have. I for one would like to end the consent agreement and this problem would stop for both teams.
TigerBlues Wrote:I had no idea it was that high, good call on stats again Seger !

Yeah well, just one of those little tidbits of information that when you think about it don't mean a darn thing, TB.

Besides I wanted to show that moron from Ashland that said I was stupid, that dadburnit, I aint dunnit.TongueirateSho
35% is probably a good number historically for as long as I played, coached and was a fan. I don't see anything wrong with that. Having two HS teams in the county gives more opportunity for kids to play sports. Are you saying you would rather a kid not play sports at all if they don't play at JCHS? I can name 10 kids at least I played with in the late 70's early 80's that lived out in the county. I'm all in for the kids no matter which school they play for.
I think we are beating a dead horse here. Bob is right. We let a Tomcat fan come in here and take us off task. Let the Golden Eagles and Tigers take care of business, lets both get down to Bowling Green and party like rock stars!!!:Guitar01:Big Grinrums02::beer::letsparty
BigMelon63 Wrote:I think we are beating a dead horse here. Bob is right. We let a Tomcat fan come in here and take us off task. Let the Golden Eagles and Tigers take care of business, lets both get down to Bowling Green and party like rock stars!!!:Guitar01:Big Grinrums02::beer::letsparty

He's having nightmares about Paintsville and Johnson Central football right now :broom:
Eagle84 Wrote:n
Tim you have made 72 post with this account and all but one post had been on a natural topic, JC or Paintsville. SO if not "Paintsville" who then was you talking about?

Tim if you look back over Coach Matney years at JC how many transfer can you name maybe 10 in over 10 years? Paintsville had like 8 from Flat Gap Grade School alone on their current roster. Add in the other school in the county and you getting in the 35 % (12 to 15 players) range of the current roster.

I will give you that they a few players who JC would like to have. I for one would like to end the consent agreement and this problem would stop for both teams.
Tim, my post was in reference to recruiting as a practice. I am of the belief that the very small number of boys enrolled at Paintsville does not provide a bountiful enough ground for such a big boy program like JC to plunder. And, furthermore, Tim, I suppose that I post about PHS and JC because that is where I live now, and have for a few years. Now, who's Tim.
Old Ball Coach Wrote:Tim, my post was in reference to recruiting as a practice. I am of the belief that the very small number of boys enrolled at Paintsville does not provide a bountiful enough ground for such a big boy program like JC to plunder. And, furthermore, Tim, I suppose that I post about PHS and JC because that is where I live now, and have for a few years. Now, who's Tim.

Tim was a typo(:hilariousSmile :Shaking: Can you tell me what you mean by the word "plunder"? O OK I understand JC is a program that Paintsville Plunders. That what I have been trying to tell you in the other post. It's about time you understand. :Thumbs:
Bourbon county 22
Paintsville 25
Plunder are you serious. I feel sad for you.
Despite all the rumors flying around, Kash Daniels is playing tonight. Go Tigers!!!!
I have no nightmares about playing Johnson Central. My last game was in the Fall of 1982.
BigMelon63 Wrote:I have no nightmares about playing Johnson Central. My last game was in the Fall of 1982.

I think TB is talking about the mentally challenged goofball from ASH-land.
Oh OK. My bad!
Woukd u two get a room or start a Apple Bowl Has Been Statements thread?lol...back to topic. I heard Paintsville was banged up. Anyone have major issues?
Dalton Daniel out dislocated elbow
Ben Daniel out
Alex Spencer out Hamstring
How do you get ranked #1 When your opponents combined records so far is 7-20? When is the middle school part of the schedule over?
Troll somewhere else. You will get yours October 23rd!! We are #2 according to BGR.