Poll: #1 Paintsville vs Bourbon County
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Paintsville
52.38%
Bourbon County
47.62%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#2 Paintsville vs Bourbon County 9/25
Paintsville will play their first game ranked at #1 in 1A since 1980, and face a tough test in 4A Bourbon County. Bourbon enters 2-2 on the season with wins over Southwestern and GRC.

Who wins this one?
If Paintsville wins this game.... 1A needs to watch out.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Loved to see Paintsville win this game going to be tough. :poker face:

Paintsville 28
Bourbon County 27
The Tiger secondary will be tested early and often in this one looks like. I think Paintsville will be able to move the ball and eat up some clock and come away with a victory in this one.

Paintsville 24
Bourbon Co 14
Bourbon Co 34 Paintsville 14
Pulling for Paintsville. gonna be tough but they have what it takes to come out with the W
I thought the 1986 Tigers were ranked pre-season number 1 in Class A, but I could be mistaken. Regardless, this is a terrific statement of how this school's football program has been rejuvenated. The electricity is magnificent.
ForearmShiver Wrote:I thought the 1986 Tigers were ranked pre-season number 1 in Class A, but I could be mistaken. Regardless, this is a terrific statement of how this school's football program has been rejuvenated. The electricity is magnificent.

They were ranked at #2 behind Paris in the Pre-Season Polls of '86. But you're exactly right, what Chirico and company have done with the program in such a short amount of time is nothing short of remarkable.
Coach Chirico and company have taken a very small class A school from dressing 18 players to having 47 on the roster in two years. There are just 100 boys in grades 9 through 12. 47 are on the football team.
I would like to see the little school win it but, I don't think so.
I've watched film on 3 of Bourbon Counties last games and I do think it is possible for Paintsville to win if they clean up their special team play. During UK's 7on7 tourney Paintsville beat Bourbon County pretty bad. Coach Chirico takes care of special teams gaffs and comes away with a 35-14 victory.
BigMelon63 Wrote:Coach Chirico and company have taken a very small class A school from dressing 18 players to having 47 on the roster in two years. There are just 100 boys in grades 9 through 12. 47 are on the football team.
There's no doubt that Chirico has done a great job but let's be realistic. Paintsville's schedule thus far has been awful. They've played one team so far and that's Pikeville. That's the reason for the turn around plain and simple. It's comical to read some of the hype on here his year about Paintsville. It looks like a pretty good senior class led by Daniel playing an absolute awful schedule. How many transfers have enrolled at Paintsville the last two seasons? Who will be the quarterback after Kash? The loss of Ratliff has to set them back at bit.
Tomcat Pride Wrote:There's no doubt that Chirico has done a great job but let's be realistic. Paintsville's schedule thus far has been awful. They've played one team so far and that's Pikeville. That's the reason for the turn around plain and simple. It's comical to read some of the hype on here his year about Paintsville. It looks like a pretty good senior class led by Daniel playing an absolute awful schedule. How many transfers have enrolled at Paintsville the last two seasons? Who will be the quarterback after Kash? The loss of Ratliff has to set them back at bit.
Typical Ashland arrogance. Reminds me of your program. Talked up every year then smacked by Johnson Central. You going to finally beat them this year???
Paintsville has 100 boys. They went and scheduled schools way bigger in Pike Central, SC, SV, Bourbon Co (who has played w Pukaski SW/Clark/Mad Central etc), frankfort (top 4 pre season), Paris (top 5 now), Pikeville (top 5)who lost 1 game last year and still play 1A Raceland (who has beaten almighty Ashland in recent past and top 5), Fairview etc. Pre season it would be tough to find a much tougher schedule at a school that small.
There's zero question this Sr class is special. It's one of those groups that people knew would be extremely special. Paintsville will return a very talented team next year for 1A. There is a lot back. They'll miss Kash, Trible+Childers a lot along with a couple of linemen but have a whole lot of talent back. What that group of kids and staff have done is special. Kind of like Ashland being as awful as they were this year in basketball and being number 1 three years later.
Bourbon might be the best offense they'll play. They've put up big scores and very talent/speed rich programs. I expect this to be a shootout and to close to pick. My gut says Bourbon wins and in the end it ends up being a blessing. Could see either team winning by a couple of scores.
Got to respect anybody who beats SW. Bourbon by 3
As long as we don't turn the ball over and keep them driving the length of the field we will do fine.
In what poll is Paintsville ranked #1?
Need to utilize Trimble a little more in this game .
This will be tough and could go either way but my gut says the colonels might have this one by a score
AP, Jackson.
Paintsville - 35

Bourbon County - 22
Paintsville 28-21
Bigcat Wrote:Typical Ashland arrogance. Reminds me of your program. Talked up every year then smacked by Johnson Central. You going to finally beat them this year???
Paintsville has 100 boys. They went and scheduled schools way bigger in Pike Central, SC, SV, Bourbon Co (who has played w Pukaski SW/Clark/Mad Central etc), frankfort (top 4 pre season), Paris (top 5 now), Pikeville (top 5)who lost 1 game last year and still play 1A Raceland (who has beaten almighty Ashland in recent past and top 5), Fairview etc. Pre season it would be tough to find a much tougher schedule at a school that small.
There's zero question this Sr class is special. It's one of those groups that people knew would be extremely special. Paintsville will return a very talented team next year for 1A. There is a lot back. They'll miss Kash, Trible+Childers a lot along with a couple of linemen but have a whole lot of talent back. What that group of kids and staff have done is special. Kind of like Ashland being as awful as they were this year in basketball and being number 1 three years later.
Bourbon might be the best offense they'll play. They've put up big scores and very talent/speed rich programs. I expect this to be a shootout and to close to pick. My gut says Bourbon wins and in the end it ends up being a blessing. Could see either team winning by a couple of scores.
You can all it arrogance if you want but it still doesnt change the fact that Paintsville's schedule is just plain bad. Your opponents over all record is 17-28. This number one ranking and the hype that surrounds this team is comical. Don't jump on Johnson Centrals coat tails either. Yes we have struggled mightily in the past against them but at least we play them. Your school chickened out on them a long time ago and took your ball and went an played elsewhere. You never did answer my question on Paintsville losing Ratliff.
I see Bourbon winning this one by at least three scores.
Tomcat Pride Wrote:You can all it arrogance if you want but it still doesnt change the fact that Paintsville's schedule is just plain bad. Your opponents over all record is 17-28. This number one ranking and the hype that surrounds this team is comical. Don't jump on Johnson Centrals coat tails either. Yes we have struggled mightily in the past against them but at least we play them. Your school chickened out on them a long time ago and took your ball and went an played elsewhere. You never did answer my question on Paintsville losing Ratliff.

The backup QB is a freshman, either Chris or James Allen I believe. I've only seen him play QB in substitution situations though. Completely different style of football player from Kash as a QB. Moves around well, but I've not seen him throw the football to be honest with you. Braxton is an excellent athlete for his age with a lot of upside. Wish him the best of luck at Ashland.
Tomcat Pride Wrote:You can all it arrogance if you want but it still doesnt change the fact that Paintsville's schedule is just plain bad. Your opponents over all record is 17-28. This number one ranking and the hype that surrounds this team is comical. Don't jump on Johnson Centrals coat tails either. Yes we have struggled mightily in the past against them but at least we play them. Your school chickened out on them a long time ago and took your ball and went an played elsewhere. You never did answer my question on Paintsville losing Ratliff.

Does Paintsville football keep you awake at night ? Sure seems like it :ChairHit:
TigerFan3 Wrote:AP, Jackson.

BGR.com only uses BGR.com rankings as official rankings. Paintsville is #2 in those polls.

4A is horrible!! Ashland's only competition to get to the carpet is JC..
Bourbon Co. is giving up a ton of points. Paintsville will move the ball on them all night and the Tiger defense is good enough to get some stops. Plus Paintsville is 2 TD's better at home, very very tough place to play.

Paintsville 35
Bourbon Co. 23
I've seen both Braxton Ratliff and Chris Allen play. Chris is a better athlete and QB than Braxton Ratliff. The reason that Paintsville will not play Johnson Central is that the Johnson County School system won't schedule Paintsville in elementary or middle school regular season football games. Go troll somewhere else Tomcat. As far as this seasons schedule goes, you would understand how difficult it is to schedule games if you ever coached or had anything to do with football other than running your mouth. It looked like a pretty tough schedule pre-season. 5 teams Paintsville has to play were ranked. A lot of changes coming in this game. I can't wait till Friday!!!
Go Tigers!!!
Go Golden Eagles!!!
Where do you find this weeks BGR rankings and who votes?
What's comical is you coming into a Paintsville/Bourbon thread trying to slam Paintsville and their schedule! You play Johnson Central because you HAVE to play Central. Pretty clear you don't schedule teams that smack you around while they're good or you'd have those Northern Ky schools scheduled that wax you every year. Hahaha you guys have 1A and 3A teams on your schedule and you want to critique schedules?? If you're going to play local go down the road and get you some of Cabell Midland or somebody that isn't way down like Ironton. If you can drive to GW why don't you drive to great programs like Scott Co?
Pre season Paintsville looked like they over scheduled. It has been easier than expected. I think until Beechwood loses out they are #1. You can coin flip Paintsville/Raceland/Pikeville as the next best in 2A. Paintsville beat Pikeville without their tailback. So I'd put them ahead of them. Until Paintsville beats Raceland I'd put Raceland 2nd. I think the Tigers will have a tough time Fri night. If Paintsville starts throwing the ball down the field I think it will be Beechwood+Paintsville.
I don't have a team. I pull for everybody including Ashland. You've got a great D1 back and defense is solid. Can't wait to go to Central/Ashland. There's a lot of good people around Ashland and their youth look great ️coming up. Feel bad for them they have arrogant people that give the program a black eye because their coaches and kids are 1st class!