Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#5 Corbin @ Clay County 9/5
CLay Co. has moved the ball well this year, just haven't stopped anyone. Mitchell will help in that area, so it may be closer than some think.

Corbin 35 Clay Co. 14
I just think that Coach Combs inexperience is showing with changing defensive coordinators at this point, usually a mid season change only gets worse because the kids aren't familiar with the scheme. Combs has only been at it for a couple years, he will get better with time.
Game time 8.00 or 8.30 pm Saturday night in Manchester,Kentucky Confusedinglepar
64SUR Wrote:Game time 8.00 or 8.30 pm Saturday night in Manchester,Kentucky Confusedinglepar
There'll be kickoff somewhere in that neighborhood. I hope a game goes along with it.
walterwhite Wrote:There'll be kickoff somewhere in that neighborhood. I hope a game goes along with it.

I Kant promise that. These young Redhounds are hungry :popcorn:
64SUR Wrote:I Kant promise that. These young Redhounds are hungry :popcorn:

Im hungry to hoping I get some redbone coonhound for supper on the 25th.
SEKYFAN Wrote:CLay Co. has moved the ball well this year, just haven't stopped anyone. Mitchell will help in that area, so it may be closer than some think.

Corbin 35 Clay Co. 14

I have read a lot on Mitchell in these threads. What makes anyone think he can stop anyone on defense. I do believe he is a good coach, but not a defensive wizard. Whitley was giving up way to many. He will help with Corbin simply because he has coached against them this year, not because he is a def. genius, that was proven at Whitley.
SEKYFAN Wrote:CLay Co. has moved the ball well this year, just haven't stopped anyone. Mitchell will help in that area, so it may be closer than some think.

Corbin 35 Clay Co. 14

I don't think so….JMO…..Corbin 47 Clay Co 6

We will know more about the Hounds after the next 3 games.
Won't even be able to tell Mitchell has made any impact at all tonight. Defense might even be worse if they have changed schemes.
Even if Coach Mitchell was a genius Johnnys and Joes beat X's and O's. Mismatch
E's Army Wrote:Even if Coach Mitchell was a genius Johnnys and Joes beat X's and O's. Mismatch

Exactly. Scheme doesn't matter if players don't make plays. I stated it earlier, to win you have to tackle.
Scheme only matters if talent is close to being equal. If kids are unsure how they should line up to different formations then it could be worse.
DarthVader Wrote:Scheme only matters if talent is close to being equal. If kids are unsure how they should line up to different formations then it could be worse.

Watched the first 2 games. Just my opinion but it will be very difficult to look worse on defense. The sad thing is this will be the best team they've played.
And for the record, I am sitting this one out tonight. Watching the Cats and listening to the radio.
But I have heard that Clay has all these great athletes on the field.
64SUR Wrote:Game time 8.00 or 8.30 pm Saturday night in Manchester,Kentucky Confusedinglepar

or 9:30? Confusednicker:
Mitchell loves young kids and has poured his heart and soul into many players over the past 36 years.. I have all the respect in the world for him..
I know Clay gave up 40, but there was a very noticeable improvement on defense.
SKINNYPIG Wrote:I know Clay gave up 40, but there was a very noticeable improvement on defense.

I agree 100% :popcorn:
I really like the staff that Clay has put together there is a lot of experience on those side lines and they all are on the same mission. I would take Hensley, Mitchell and Gilbert on my staff if I was coaching. I like Combs he is very positive and the kids like him. Give these guys time and the tigers will be back.
I played for coach Hensley a long time ago and he is a class act :
Mitchell knows the game and the X's and O's..... Clay got a steal! Now they jus gotta get the Jimmy's and Joes's. They have the talent, but it's raw and untaught. Clay is headed in the right direction tho.
IMO. Chappell should've hit the Rd. before Mitchell.
bcpc Wrote:IMO. Chappell should've hit the Rd. before Mitchell.

So scoring 47 was a bigger problem than giving up 38 against Middlesboro?
I doubt that Clay would've gave up 38 to Middlesboro in week 2 and I would even say Whitley had a lot more Jimmy and Joe's to work with.
W
Sounds to me like Whitley needs to get some defensive playmakers.. Not a Chappell fan, Mitchell has forgot more than Chappell has ever known. That's a fact
cherokee Wrote:I really like the staff that Clay has put together there is a lot of experience on those side lines and they all are on the same mission. I would take Hensley, Mitchell and Gilbert on my staff if I was coaching. I like Combs he is very positive and the kids like him. Give these guys time and the tigers will be back.
I played for coach Hensley a long time ago and he is a class act :

Absolutely on all points. Great post.
Clay will get better. Good Staff.
Clay Definitely will get a lot better. They will win some games this year, and even more next year. My opinion is, they have the staff in place to do it as well as talent on the field, as well as talent coming up. Support your coach, hitch to the wagon cause things are looking up. Awfully nice facility there too.