Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#5 Corbin @ Clay County 9/5
Corbin 56 Clay County 20
Hounds Big in this one. Running Clock around 3rd quarter. But with time Combs will right the Clay County ship.

Hounds 56
Tigers 14
Dave Mitchell gets his second chance this year to shut down the Hounds offense. He doesn't have the horses in this one either.
I love ya Skinnypig but this will be a beatdown. Running clock before halftime
Corbin will work on their passing game in this one.
E's Army Wrote:Dave Mitchell gets his second chance this year to shut down the Hounds offense. He doesn't have the horses in this one either.

How many teams is he coaching. I guess that if he is coaching at clay that he will get to see his grandson play again for the red & white anyway. I wonder how much that bothers him.
What happened at Whitley? Is Clay changing coordinators 2 games in?
Mitchell is running the defense at Clay County.
Since when? How did this to down? Who was running it before?
DarthVader Wrote:Sarcasm? or is he really not coaching at Whitley?

I was being serious....Whitley let him go after last week
Really? Wow, what happened there? Sounds like whitey and clay have both panicked early? I may be totally wrong, it's going to be hard to go into clay and not knowing any of their kids and try to throw a scheme together in a week. I don't see any good that could come of that in the short term. Who was running the Clay D before?
All I know is he was at Clay's practice Monday evening working with the defense.
Panic????id say it's a good move for Clay. Combs won't have to run both offense and defense and just focus on one. It will be hard to scheme with new guys in one week but Clay has no where to go but up on the defensive side of the ball. I still predict Corbin by ALOT.
Just looking from the outside in, usually when things arent going well early in the season and a drastic change is made i would consider it panicking, you see it all the time in high school football, teams work all summer on a new offense or defense, the season starts out bad and they try to scrap what theyve done all summer and insert something new in a weeks time. Why was Combs having to do both? No capable assistants on staff?
DarthVader Wrote:Just looking from the outside in, usually when things arent going well early in the season and a drastic change is made i would consider it panicking, you see it all the time in high school football, teams work all summer on a new offense or defense, the season starts out bad and they try to scrap what theyve done all summer and insert something new in a weeks time. Why was Combs having to do both? No capable assistants on staff?

it cant hurt to change coaches when you're giving up 35 or more points per game.
It can if you start giving up even more! Who knows, it might get better, I still don't see Clay winning more than 1-2 tops on the schedule.
DarthVader Wrote:It can if you start giving up even more! Who knows, it might get better, I still don't see Clay winning more than 1-2 tops on the schedule.

giving up 35 or giving up 50 you aint going to win many games
DarthVader Wrote:Really? Wow, what happened there? Sounds like whitey and clay have both panicked early? I may be totally wrong, it's going to be hard to go into clay and not knowing any of their kids and try to throw a scheme together in a week. I don't see any good that could come of that in the short term. Who was running the Clay D before?

I would imagine it had something to do with giving up 37 or 38 points to Middlesboros offense....
After looking at the Clay schedule, they might go 0'fer this year, I would hate that for the kids. The South Laurel game at the end of the season may be their only chance at a win.
If they're going to win somebody is gonna have to tackle. Period.
Wise words!
DarthVader Wrote:I haven't heard anything, seems like a new coach with the same problems. Too many athletes in the Tiger Den for them to consistently be this bad.

So, are you saying they need a coach? LOL:yesno:
Not really at this point. I don't want to throw a coach under the bus two games in, even if they go 0fer though I think there needs to be signs of improvement. Clay is competitive in every sport, why not football recently? Athletes are there, support is there, facilities are there, gotta get it figured out.
The game is over by 7:30 thursday night. Corbin by 1 million
Is that if they run the ball and keep the score down?
DarthVader Wrote:Is that if they run the ball and keep the score down?

If Corbin throws the ball the win by 1.1 million
Corbin 56 to 6
Corbin 42 clay 7
I don't think Corbin will run the score up. It will be clay job to keep Corbin JV and Freshman team from running up the score tho... :popcorn:
Agreed, Can't expect the young pups to not try to score when they get in.