Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whitley County 47 Middlesboro 38
Colonel Wrote:He definitely was not the problem. David and Cotton coaching D together could coach at the college level, they know more about the game then any of the rest of the coaches down there. If you will look at my reply to GUT a few lines up is all I need to know about the problem. One year it happens to all good coaches but every year to give up that many points should make one think.

:pondering:
I see a lot of tail whipping coming this year for the colonels and one being in two weeks.. I hope PJDoug is calling the defense..
Bobcat4years Wrote:I see a lot of tail whipping coming this year for the colonels and one being in two weeks.. I hope PJDoug is calling the defense..

Here kitty kittyConfusednicker:
Bobcat4years Wrote:I see a lot of tail whipping coming this year for the colonels and one being in two weeks.. I hope PJDoug is calling the defense..

In the worst case scenario it wont be as bad as the "tail whipping" that took place in Boyle County Friday night.
Bobcat4years Wrote:RIUTG and PJDoug here is your opportunity to start coaching.. The word on the circuit is they let Mitchell go as D-Coordinator.. Step up to plate ... PJDoug is the master Defense guy..

Coaching+Teaching Salary= 1/2 of my salary.

If I ever want my wife to castrate me then sure, ill consider taking that pay cut and coaching a little ball.

Who knows, maybe ill get laid off one day and dominate.
Do-double-gg Wrote:I agree GUT! That right there IMO is the #1 thing that so many schools do wrong. Then they have a bunch of talent slip through their hands and then everyone is scratching their heads as to why the talent level and play on the field ain't matching up. Some coaches get so wrapped up in the varsity stuff that they don't take the time to worry about the JFL and middle school stuff. If you were a fly on the wall with a program like Belfry or Johnson Central you would see why they are strong year in and year out and why they have freshman who can step right in and never have a very big drop off after they graduate a bunch. You show me a program who is strong and I will show you a program who has their s@#$ together in the feeder schools. I can't name a school in the mountains who does well in JFL and Middle who sucks in Varsity.

Well said!
footballfanatic33 Wrote:I find it interesting that all the, in this case, Saturday morning qbs have all the answers. If you all, ritg and pjdoug, have all the answers then why are you not out there fixing the problems. I am sure Whitley County would gladly MAKE a coaching position for people as good as you think you are. You all are the problem with sports in our county!! You hide behind a screen name and tell everyone how to fix problems that are going on with our sports. Stop being a coward. Anyone can whine and complain when their name isn't attached. Tell us who you are so you all can fix ALL the problems with our sports. Or are you afraid that you would get laughed out of the county?!!!

1. Im not a Saturday morning QB. If I were id be coaching a feeder program.

2. I don't have all the answers but I know some of the problems. Hence the reason I don't coach and have no desire too. I stated exactly what id do above and please tell me what you see wrong with what I said after watching those missed tackles Friday?

3. This IS an anonymous message board designed for anonymous people to post on the anonymous board. If we hid behind a user name on a site called "tell us who you are" then yes you would be correct. Since this however is the exact reason people join this site, id say your in the wrong place if you want everyone telling you who they are.

4. Ran out of the county? From what? For what? If someone gets butthurt over the truth they need to get out of the profession. Nothing I said was wrong, nothing I said was a direct dig at anyone. What I said is exactly what id do. If you don't like what I have to say then ignore me. If you want me to stop talking about this football team, to bad. Its the whole reason for being here.

Things are changing. Don't get left behind.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:1. Im not a Saturday morning QB. If I were id be coaching a feeder program.

2. I don't have all the answers but I know some of the problems. Hence the reason I don't coach and have no desire too. I stated exactly what id do above and please tell me what you see wrong with what I said after watching those missed tackles Friday?

3. This IS an anonymous message board designed for anonymous people to post on the anonymous board. If we hid behind a user name on a site called "tell us who you are" then yes you would be correct. Since this however is the exact reason people join this site, id say your in the wrong place if you want everyone telling you who they are.

4. Ran out of the county? From what? For what? If someone gets butthurt over the truth they need to get out of the profession. Nothing I said was wrong, nothing I said was a direct dig at anyone. What I said is exactly what id do. If you don't like what I have to say then ignore me. If you want me to stop talking about this football team, to bad. Its the whole reason for being here.

Things are changing. Don't get left behind.

^ great post.
E's Army Wrote:Colonels live and die with Woods. Nobody plays harder than Luke Allen.

Oh Woods is a quality player, no doubt about it. Racking up those yards he got in this game, someone had to be moving someone out of the way & someone was playing some good offense on his team along with him. I wasn't at the game, but it makes sense. :Thumbs:
Has the coaching position been filled? if not, I accept.
Is Mitchell really gone???
Trashtalker Wrote:Is Mitchell really gone???

Mitchell is gone. Heard he was already on the coaching staff at Clay.
Don't know if its true or not but hes definitely gone.

As for Whitley's replacement I do not have an answer to that as of right now. From what I hear, they are handling it by committee. I think it would be extremely hard to find a replacement mid season. If not for the bad publicity, id say go get Campbell and put him to work. He'd turn that defense around.
Ysidro could put a heck of a defense together too but cant coach where he is a principal.
Wow. I didn't know that you couldn't coach if you were a principal. What about asst principal???
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Mitchell is gone. Heard he was already on the coaching staff at Clay.
Don't know if its true or not but hes definitely gone.

As for Whitley's replacement I do not have an answer to that as of right now. From what I hear, they are handling it by committee. I think it would be extremely hard to find a replacement mid season. If not for the bad publicity, id say go get Campbell and put him to work. He'd turn that defense around.
Ysidro could put a heck of a defense together too but cant coach where he is a principal.
Here's our chance GUT. Demarcus, GUT, and PJ can get it done Confusednicker:
Trashtalker Wrote:Is Mitchell really gone???

Yep, and according to Facebook, he landed on his feet, and is the new DC at Clay Co.
Good for Coach Mitchell. Clay County needs him. It will be his second shot at Corbin this week.
Here is something for you all try this out. Out of 70 players 2 bench over 300lbs maybe 5 squat over 400lbs and 3 maybe 4 run under 5.0 in the 40 on top of this there is very little contact in practice. How can anyone turn that around. If you don't practice to be good on D then you won't be. Some of these items could have been fixed with a good off season but there was no after school program except for incoming freshmen. Bring back Lombardi or any other coach and you wont get a different result. If you don't do it Monday through Thursday you can't expect it on Friday.
InItToWinIt Wrote:Wow. I didn't know that you couldn't coach if you were a principal. What about asst principal???

Yea you can't coach if your a principal which is understandable. Conflict of interest if you ask me.
Ysidro is an asst.
Anybody in the administration can't coach.
Demarcus ware Wrote:Here's our chance GUT. Demarcus, GUT, and PJ can get it done Confusednicker:

I'm ready if Dudley didn't get the job already.
Colonel Wrote:Here is something for you all try this out. Out of 70 players 2 bench over 300lbs maybe 5 squat over 400lbs and 3 maybe 4 run under 5.0 in the 40 on top of this there is very little contact in practice. How can anyone turn that around. If you don't practice to be good on D then you won't be. Some of these items could have been fixed with a good off season but there was no after school program except for incoming freshmen. Bring back Lombardi or any other coach and you wont get a different result. If you don't do it Monday through Thursday you can't expect it on Friday.

sounds like you are coaching them?
pjdoug Wrote:I'm ready if Dudley didn't get the job already.
Bring in Dudley and his spy gear :Cheerlead
If we are losing coaches after 2 games. There may be more going on than meets the eye.
insideinfo Wrote:If we are losing coaches after 2 games. There may be more going on than meets the eye.

we? Confusedtare:
Sorry, I was at the game and Whitleys defense was confused all night. Players were looking at the sideline to find out where to line up. The defensive coordinator has a job , to stop the other team. They could not stop the QB . A mind you they were much bigger and stronger. People from Whitley have complained about defense for two years and the head coach made a change. Do not blame him. Sorry but if Mitchell was a college coach he would have been fired this time last year.
insideinfo Wrote:If we are losing coaches after 2 games. There may be more going on than meets the eye.

Certainly is interesting.
FlippedOut Wrote:Sorry, I was at the game and Whitleys defense was confused all night. Players were looking at the sideline to find out where to line up. The defensive coordinator has a job , to stop the other team. They could not stop the QB . A mind you they were much bigger and stronger. People from Whitley have complained about defense for two years and the head coach made a change. Do not blame him. Sorry but if Mitchell was a college coach he would have been fired this time last year.

You got that right. they scored a lot of points last year, but couldn't stop anybody.
Is Cotton over the Defense now, or what? Has he taken total control of it or does anyone actually know what's happening
If Mitchell is such a bad coach, why does he keep getting jobs? I was told today by someone close to the situation that after Mitchell was released he had 4 job offers immediately and took the Clay Co. D Coordinator job.
FlippedOut Wrote:Sorry, I was at the game and Whitleys defense was confused all night. Players were looking at the sideline to find out where to line up. The defensive coordinator has a job , to stop the other team. They could not stop the QB . A mind you they were much bigger and stronger. People from Whitley have complained about defense for two years and the head coach made a change. Do not blame him. Sorry but if Mitchell was a college coach he would have been fired this time last year.

How about Middlesboros Def Cord, should he be fired for not stopping Whitley QB and giving up a lot of points in last 2 games.
Yes , if you have a coach the caliper of Cotton Adams sitting there. Yes Middlesboro needs to fire their def co. also. I did not say he was a bad coach, sometimes things just do not work. I do know each of you were complaining about how bad the defense was for the last 2 YEARS. Head Coach did something about it. Stats prove that something needs to be done. Way to many points given up. Some of you think this is early in season, last year and to games in is plenty of time.