Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whitley County 47 Middlesboro 38
Final.

Whitley moves to 1-1
Mboro falls to 0-2

Luke Woods with 470 total yards and 6 TDs. 347 yards rushing 5 touch downs 123 passing 1 touchdow.

FIX THE DEFENSE.
Wow I thought Whitley was better than that.
I'm a little surprised at the score, too. But a win is a win!!

Congratulations Whitley!!
Not too shabby Jackets...Congratulations Whitley.
Both defenses were terrible.
Both defenses were bad. Both QBs put on a show. I am eager to hear Elliott's numbers.

I am pleased with our improvement this week. The kids are growing up quickly.

Solid night for Capps and Jackson for the Jackets as well.
Woods is a difference maker. Congrats to Colonels. Jackets getting better every week.
Both teams better get a defensive coordinator or they are in for a long year.
As far as Middlesboro's defense is concerned, let me first agree that there is a ton of progress to be made.

But will Middlesboro face another offensive line like Bell County's? No.

Will Middlesboro face another quarterback as dangerous as Woods? Likely not.

Middlesboro's young defense has a long way to go but I think these first two hurdles may have been the highest that we will face in terms of difficulty to defend.
Bobcats 9108 Wrote:Both teams better get a defensive coordinator or they are in for a long year.

I thought Whitley County had a great defensive coordinator:biggrin:
Middlesboro's D will get better as the year gos on and they are young but its gonna be hard relying on a QB to win every game but what middlesboro is building is gonna be good!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
With defense like I saw it doesn't matter who they face. Offense looked better, but defense looked worse. With both teams just stop the QB. Defense wins games.
We have athletes to win. But we are 0-2 we are not young we start 7 seniors. How many were ejected for us tonight.
Only one for Middlesboro and one for Whitley. Whitley kid through a punch and Middlesboro followed through.
MHS Parent4Life Wrote:As far as Middlesboro's defense is concerned, let me first agree that there is a ton of progress to be made.

But will Middlesboro face another offensive line like Bell County's? No.

Will Middlesboro face another quarterback as dangerous as Woods? Likely not.

Middlesboro's young defense has a long way to go but I think these first two hurdles may have been the highest that we will face in terms of difficulty to defend.

Really, better check LCA and Danville and even a much improved Somerset team. All 2-0 and rolling up big numbers. 6 seniors on that young defense.
AnswertheBell Wrote:With defense like I saw it doesn't matter who they face. Offense looked better, but defense looked worse. With both teams just stop the QB. Defense wins games.

both teams are young and very similar,and need some defense for sure.
Refs were horrible both ways. I like shootouts myself.
I like a ballgame. Shootouts are boring.
SMH...play by play by ESPN.
I wasnt boredSmile
champ7 Wrote:Wow I thought Whitley was better than that.
So did Paul Crewe:hilarious:
As PJ would say, "and the winner of the cupcake bowl is".
They score more TDs than Bell did, like I said they could do. . Just did not know how bad the defense was going to play. I guess if Middlesboro celebrates a close game, says a lot about how good you really are.
Paul Crewe Wrote:They score more TDs than Bell did, like I said they could do. . Just did not know how bad the defense was going to play. I guess if Middlesboro celebrates a close game, says a lot about how good you really are.

What are you going to do to fix the defense?Smile
mysonis55 Wrote:As PJ would say, "and the winner of the cupcake bowl is".

:Thumbs:
Thought you would like that.
pjdoug Wrote:What are you going to do to fix the defense?Smile

If I had a say I would go smaller and faster on the d line. Play more base and keep it simple. What are you going to do to fix it.:Thumbs:
Madness Wrote:Really, better check LCA and Danville and even a much improved Somerset team. All 2-0 and rolling up big numbers. 6 seniors on that young defense.

So you think they have better offensive lines than Bell County?
With that defense it doesn't really matter now does it? The question is how good is there defense. Think about it.
pjdoug Wrote:What are you going to do to fix the defense?Smile

I think Whitley could learn a lot from old Bronco's player Karl Mecklenburg…who once made the famous quote "Defensively, I think its important for us to tackle".