Poll: Who wins Ashland or Raceland
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Ashland
67.39%
Raceland
32.61%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 9(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#2 Raceland @ #4 Ashland 8/28
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Feel the Rams Friday night at 730

Nightmare on Elm St. Is Friday for the wittle wams.
Two big questions in this one. Can Raceland contain Baker? Can Raceland throw the ball effectively?
Imo, those are 2nd and 3rd priority after shoring up kickoff coverage. Baker is goina break off some big runs, its a 100% that it will happen at some point. We cant afford to give up returns for touchdowns.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Imo, those are 2nd and 3rd priority after shoring up kickoff coverage. Baker is goina break off some big runs, its a 100% that it will happen at some point. We cant afford to give up returns for touchdowns.

Scotty, do you think Raceland will kick the ball deep to Ashland's speed guys? I don't know who will return kicks for Ashland this year but whoever they are, I'm sure they'll be dangerous. After last week, I would avoid giving Ashland the opportunity for big returns at all costs.
I dont think we will. But, we can afford to squib and give them the ball at the 40 or 50 either. Imo, our best bet is to kick it towards either sideline, to around the 15 or 20 yard line. Either that, or kick it straight out of bounds and give them the ball at the 35. A TON of changes have been made to the coverage team. Things should be alot better.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Imo, those are 2nd and 3rd priority after shoring up kickoff coverage. Baker is goina break off some big runs, its a 100% that it will happen at some point. We cant afford to give up returns for touchdowns.

Baker will run wild in this one.
I'm going to assume that by a "TON of changes", you mean no freshman or sophomores on kickoff coverage this Friday. I didn't pay enough attention to Raceland's kick coverage personel last week to notice if there were a lot of younger kids on that unit or not.
Memo Luna Wrote:The above is an example of what watching too many Law and Order episodes can do to an obviously inferior mind. First, poor dflpackage is confusing 'slander' and 'libel'. Next, he throws in "defamatory" to attempt to look knowledgeable. On the other hand, he did spell "pro bono" correctly. All in all, dflpackage needs to go back to his cartoons. The real world is far over his "pay grade".

There are additional errors, Memo. Technically, one should italicize "pro bono." if you notice, I also incorrectly used the word "if" instead of the word "of." Finally, i don't want my imprecise discussion of slander vs libel, which fall under the general umbrella of defamation ( we will leave for a different day any more nuanced discussion of the differentiation between "per se" and "per quod") to in any way reflect poorly on Law and Order or its legion of faithful fans. Alas, the post to which my post referenced is no more, but cleverly trolled by another footballnut. Presumably, it is a pay grade issue. ( which, I am sorry to say should not be italicized.)

I'm going with Ashland 34-Raceland 14. I like Raceland's OGs a bunch. Davidson is a good athlete. In the two-back set, I think R's running backs do a great job lead blocking. I worry that Davidson will not have enough time to get the ball off in the spread formations. Ashland has some speed on its defense this year. The new look defense should be significantly better than last year. I think it will have more of the flavor that it had in the Highlands game. If R's defense over-pursues like it did against WC, I think it will result in a bunch of Ashland points scored by Baker. In any event, good luck to both teams. I'm hopeful that everyone stays healthy. Memo, safe travels if you are making the "trip."
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:I dont think we will. But, we can afford to squib and give them the ball at the 40 or 50 either. Imo, our best bet is to kick it towards either sideline, to around the 15 or 20 yard line. Either that, or kick it straight out of bounds and give them the ball at the 35. A TON of changes have been made to the coverage team. Things should be alot better.
No run backs this week.
Tomkittens 28
Ams 21
I'm hearing the putty tats have a picture of Hello kitty on their helmets.
What's the word?.....Hearing that Baker is suspended for the first half of Fridays game. Can I say that or will I go to jail?
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:What's the word?.....Hearing that Baker is suspended for the first half of Fridays game. Can I say that or will I go to jail?

Who knows , heck they can't even name a qb , it's gonna be the first start for whom ever they choose, Raceland is scheming against baker not Tate dowdy and ashland has to know that so that tells me they really don't know what to do
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:What's the word?.....Hearing that Baker is suspended for the first half of Fridays game. Can I say that or will I go to jail?

First game of the season. Keep dreaming. He is not suspended.
Ashland wins by 20+
T-CATS Wrote:First game of the season. Keep dreaming. He is not suspended.

Personally, I don't want him to be out of this game. If we win and he wasn't playing I feel like it would cheapen the victory.
T-CATS Wrote:First game of the season. Keep dreaming. He is not suspended.

Your taking this wrong , Raceland wants him to play because after they take care of business on Friday night people like you can't say “the only reason you won is because baker didn't play "
I agree. Ashland has a potentially better backfield and almost definitely more speed at the skill positions than any other team we will see until Russellville or Beechwood, thats IF we see them in Bowling Green. I want us to play Ashland at 100%. If anyone says they don't, then this game doesnt mean what it should to them. This game should be a measuring stick for both schools. Especially for the programs feeling like this could be "the year". Both teams need to see each other at their best, or imo, the game doesnt mean the same thing.
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Your taking this wrong , Raceland wants him to play because after they take care of business on Friday night people like you can't say “the only reason you won is because baker didn't play "

Ok he sits you have a decent shot to play with and win the game. He plays you have very little chance to win and only a small shot at keeping it close. I see why you want him to play. Closet Tomcat Fan!!:lmao:
T-CATS Wrote:Ok he sits you have a decent shot to play with and win the game. He plays you have very little chance to win and only a small shot at keeping it close. I see why you want him to play. Closet Tomcat Fan!!:lmao:

You nailed it , I mean who isn't a fan of ashlandview ? Or is it Ashland Eagles
I have one question for the Ashland fans out there....I work with a few Ashland parents for a few years and I have never ever heard them say they got beat by a team...It was always the refs cheated or the other team has illegal players...Why is this? I do think this has a chance to be one of the better football games to watch on Friday night if all the hype holds up for both teams....
If so then you obviously haven't talked to too many fans !
Will there be tickets on sale before the game tomorrow?
Orange Blaze Wrote:Will there be tickets on sale before the game tomorrow?

Both Schools are selling tickets tomorrow and guessing Ashland Sporting Goods will be also.
CoachfromtheStands Wrote:I have one question for the Ashland fans out there....I work with a few Ashland parents for a few years and I have never ever heard them say they got beat by a team...It was always the refs cheated or the other team has illegal players...Why is this? I do think this has a chance to be one of the better football games to watch on Friday night if all the hype holds up for both teams....

We are Fans short for Fanatics when we lose a close game I'm sure I say something to that extent about Refs or COACHING. When we get waxed their no excuses we got our azz kicked but I'll mention coaching too. Ashland has a long history of success not recent but past and tradition that most old timers heard about when they were kids. We want to win a title again it's been way to long.
I finally got my clearance and have found out who the starting QB is. You all can find out tomorrow at 7:30. See you tomorrow night.
T-CATS Wrote:We are Fans short for Fanatics when we lose a close game I'm sure I say something to that extent about Refs or COACHING. When we get waxed their no excuses we got our azz kicked but I'll mention coaching too. Ashland has a long history of success not recent but past and tradition that most old timers heard about when they were kids. We want to win a title again it's been way to long.
I finally got my clearance and have found out who the starting QB is. You all can find out tomorrow at 7:30. See you tomorrow night.

Who ever the qb is he better wear extra butt pads because that's where he's gonna spend most of the night
Just got back from meet the Cats. Raceland is in serious trouble. Love said his team is ready to roll and are tired of beating on each other. It's time to smack someone else around and Raceland your up.I will eliminate 1 for you. Roberts is starting DB and 3rd TB. That leaves 2.
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Who ever the qb is he better wear extra butt pads because that's where he's gonna spend most of the night

:lmao::igiveup: right message wrong team.
T-CATS Wrote:Just got back from meet the Cats. Raceland is in serious trouble. Love said his team is ready to roll and are tired of beating on each other. It's time to smack someone else around and Raceland your up.I will eliminate 1 for you. Roberts is starting DB and 3rd TB. That leaves 2.

We may as well not even show up
Ashland wins big the cats are hungry. I just hope all come out of this game un injured. Raceland or whoever in their district has real good shot in this half of state
  •  Previous
  • 9(current)
  • Next