Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence Co. @ Montgomery County 8/28
Who you got and why?
[Image: http://www.mghelmets.com/high%20school%2...nty-ms.gif] 42

[Image: http://www.mghelmets.com/high%20school%2...nty-ky.gif] 21

I got to see Montgomery in the grid scrimmage at Boyd Co or at least I think I did because the film was pretty fuzzy and it was hard to tell the teams apart at times. They IMO were the best team there. They have pretty good size and some good skill players. They have a RB who can move and break some tackles. They also look like they have a passing game that has a pulse unlike Boyd Co. This offense is way better then Boyd IMO so this defense needs a good showing or this team could hurt us more then some are going to think. I think our offense is going to be much better in this game now that they have one under their belt so this thing could turn into a shootout.
Do-double-gg Wrote:Who you got and why?

For your sake, I hope the Dawgs win 100-0. Another sub-par performance and I'm afraid you might have a stroke, lose your mind, or both.Confusednicker:

In all seriousness, I'm not sure what to make of Montgomery Co. They return a QB who put up some good numbers last year, but they only won two games in 2014. They were shut out in their first game against Collins, but Montgomery's defense held Collins to just 7pts and the BGR polls have Collins ranked 6th in 4A.

Basically, I have know idea what to expect from Montgomery Co., but I think LC will win. Maybe close, maybe not.
samson81 Wrote:For your sake, I hope the Dawgs win 100-0. Another sub-par performance and I'm afraid you might have a stroke, lose your mind, or both.Confusednicker:

In all seriousness, I'm not sure what to make of Montgomery Co. They return a QB who put up some good numbers last year, but they only won two games in 2014. They were shut out in their first game against Collins, but Montgomery's defense held Collins to just 7pts and the BGR polls have Collins ranked 6th in 4A.

Basically, I have know idea what to expect from Montgomery Co., but I think LC will win. Maybe close, maybe not.

For him and Off-the-Chain, unless the score is 49-0......and Montgomery has NEGATIVE yardage.....and we have ZERO mistakes, turnovers, etc......this will be a disappointment win or lose. Sadly, that's what you hear in the stands in Louisa with the LC football program. Sideline coaches who aren't on the sideline who think their Johnny is D-I material and are being undercoached. If I were a person who wasn't semi-amused by all this, I may call a few of them out in the stands next game. But, considering my kid no longer plays football, and I'm there just for the love of the game, I will let them show their *** and make a fool of themselves and eat my popcorn and watch the show.

Oh, and as for the game, my Bulldogs win by 16 points......and 1/2 the LC "fans" drives back from Mt. Sterling angry because we didn't do everything perfect.....or didn't play players where they see they should have played. Because we all know that the coaches, who are with the players on the field every second for practice, don't know who to play where.....but daddy does because he played football in 1986. :biglmao:
Dawgs in a rout.
LCHSbulldogsalum Wrote:For him and Off-the-Chain, unless the score is 49-0......and Montgomery has NEGATIVE yardage.....and we have ZERO mistakes, turnovers, etc......this will be a disappointment win or lose. Sadly, that's what you hear in the stands in Louisa with the LC football program. Sideline coaches who aren't on the sideline who think their Johnny is D-I material and are being undercoached. If I were a person who wasn't semi-amused by all this, I may call a few of them out in the stands next game. But, considering my kid no longer plays football, and I'm there just for the love of the game, I will let them show their *** and make a fool of themselves and eat my popcorn and watch the show.

Oh, and as for the game, my Bulldogs win by 16 points......and 1/2 the LC "fans" drives back from Mt. Sterling angry because we didn't do everything perfect.....or didn't play players where they see they should have played. Because we all know that the coaches, who are with the players on the field every second for practice, don't know who to play where.....but daddy does because he played football in 1986. :biglmao:

I wasn't going to post or respond to any posts regarding LC anymore but I felt the need to try and clear a few things up. Especially after reading some of my posts after I had cooled down and looking at things through the perspective of others. I am appreciative of the job the coaches do. No my post didn't sound like it and I do apologize for how I came across. I, myself, could not do a better job and I won't pretend that I can. I see a lot of things that I happen to not agree with but maybe there are things regarding players or other things that me as a spectator does not know. I am not a coach or disgruntled parent but I did play for LC and I have a lot of pride in the team that I need to do a better job in showing. My posts and things I have said in my post of the Boyd county game did not reflect that but the negative thoughts that I had about the game does not in any way come from any bad feelings toward anyone,coaches or players . If it came across that way then I apologize sincerely. I was very disappointed in what I was seeing from the defense only because I always have high expectations for what this team can accomplish. Those high expectations come from the fact that I believe in the players and "DO" believe in the staff that we have. If I didn't feel we had a good staff then my expectations would not be set as high as they are. Some of your posts seem to be directed to me as if I was making personal attacks against the coaching in saying they are terrible and that is just not the case. I most certainly didn't like the scheme that was used in the Boyd game but I understand that I don't have to like it. I will stick to my word of not posting anything negative because I do understand it isn't helping the team and it does not represent who I am and how much I love this team. To anyone I may have offended in my rants I do apologize sincerely.
Lawrence County.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
LC by 21.
0ff The Chain Wrote:I wasn't going to post or respond to any posts regarding LC anymore but I felt the need to try and clear a few things up. Especially after reading some of my posts after I had cooled down and looking at things through the perspective of others. I am appreciative of the job the coaches do. No my post didn't sound like it and I do apologize for how I came across. I, myself, could not do a better job and I won't pretend that I can. I see a lot of things that I happen to not agree with but maybe there are things regarding players or other things that me as a spectator does not know. I am not a coach or disgruntled parent but I did play for LC and I have a lot of pride in the team that I need to do a better job in showing. My posts and things I have said in my post of the Boyd county game did not reflect that but the negative thoughts that I had about the game does not in any way come from any bad feelings toward anyone,coaches or players . If it came across that way then I apologize sincerely. I was very disappointed in what I was seeing from the defense only because I always have high expectations for what this team can accomplish. Those high expectations come from the fact that I believe in the players and "DO" believe in the staff that we have. If I didn't feel we had a good staff then my expectations would not be set as high as they are. Some of your posts seem to be directed to me as if I was making personal attacks against the coaching in saying they are terrible and that is just not the case. I most certainly didn't like the scheme that was used in the Boyd game but I understand that I don't have to like it. I will stick to my word of not posting anything negative because I do understand it isn't helping the team and it does not represent who I am and how much I love this team. To anyone I may have offended in my rants I do apologize sincerely.

I honestly don't think there's anything to apologize for. You guys in Louisa are passionate about your football program. Sometimes that passion can boil over. We all second guess the coach from time to time. Lord knows I've done it myself. And the coach that I second guessed won 300+ games and two state titles.

When the talent on the team and the results on the field don't quite sync up, it's frustrating. That almost always falls back on the coaches. At that point, it's human nature to be critical. But as far as I'm concerned, as long as you're not calling out players, there's no need to apologize.

I played against some of LC's best teams in the 90's. I remember how good they were back then. I'm sure a great football oriented community like Louisa is dying to return to those glory days. I, for one, can appreciate the passion and I hope both you and Do-double-gg don't go anywhere. The Lawrence Co. fan base at BGR is one of the best on this site.
DAWGS win a close game but Montgomery must have a pretty good D.
samson81 Wrote:I honestly don't think there's anything to apologize for. You guys in Louisa are passionate about your football program. Sometimes that passion can boil over. We all second guess the coach from time to time. Lord knows I've done it myself. And the coach that I second guessed won 300+ games and two state titles.

When the talent on the team and the results on the field don't quite sync up, it's frustrating. That almost always falls back on the coaches. At that point, it's human nature to be critical. But as far as I'm concerned, as long as you're not calling out players, there's no need to apologize.

I played against some of LC's best teams in the 90's. I remember how good they were back then. I'm sure a great football oriented community like Louisa is dying to return to those glory days. I, for one, can appreciate the passion and I hope both you and Do-double-gg don't go anywhere. The Lawrence Co. fan base at BGR is one of the best on this site.

Thank you and that pretty much sums me up in a nutshell. In hindsight I need to take a nerve pill and realize it was the 1st game of the season and should wait and see how things progress before blowing up. Looking at the roster I seen the size of a lot of the players and thought LC was going to be big and physical this year and it was shocking to me that they were going very small most of the game and Boyd was really taking it to them with the run. Like I said..should have chalked it up to being 1st game of season and let the coaches and players have a chance to see what needs tweaking and such before throwing my hands up at the situation. That being said I will pick LC in this game....not by 50 but will say maybe 38-24.
I'll take the Dawgs.
Lawrence County - 28

Montgomery County - 13
LCHSbulldogsalum Wrote:For him and Off-the-Chain, unless the score is 49-0......and Montgomery has NEGATIVE yardage.....and we have ZERO mistakes, turnovers, etc......this will be a disappointment win or lose. Sadly, that's what you hear in the stands in Louisa with the LC football program. Sideline coaches who aren't on the sideline who think their Johnny is D-I material and are being undercoached. If I were a person who wasn't semi-amused by all this, I may call a few of them out in the stands next game. But, considering my kid no longer plays football, and I'm there just for the love of the game, I will let them show their *** and make a fool of themselves and eat my popcorn and watch the show.

That's how I roll!
samson81 Wrote:For your sake, I hope the Dawgs win 100-0. Another sub-par performance and I'm afraid you might have a stroke, lose your mind, or both.Confusednicker:

Lol I'm very very passionate about football. I am also a defensive nut. I get more upset when a team is doing silly stuff and using bad fundamentals yet still get the win then I do when we lose.
Confusednicker:
Lawrence in a close one.
samson81 Wrote:I honestly don't think there's anything to apologize for. You guys in Louisa are passionate about your football program. Sometimes that passion can boil over. We all second guess the coach from time to time. Lord knows I've done it myself. And the coach that I second guessed won 300+ games and two state titles.

That paragraph right there sums it up quite well but some just don't get it. I never have and never will call out players except for the good things they do. Last time I checked the head coach gets paid for what he does and I have every right to be critical of what he does or doesn't do. You will see a lot of people on here call coaches names and question their character and get personal about what they say but I have never done that. Lawrence County has had some defensive problems for 3 or 4 seasons now and everyone can see it, but some posters who I think are part of the coaching staff get defensive about it, but I can respect that. At the end of the day I love football and I love Lawrence County football and I do hope to see us back on top some day.
I would also like to say that I have no problem pointing out the good things I see coaches doing either. I noticed that they were starting to throw some short yardage passes more in this game and I love it. They were getting the ball to the receivers 10 to 15 yards in space and then letting them make some plays with their feet. I also noticed they had the lineman leaning forward more and getting better leverage instead of standing strait up like last season. I think they have done a fine job in getting this offensive line up to form. And I also noticed that they were mixing up the pass and run a little more and I love that also.
:Thumbs:
This should be a good one. :popcorn: Go Dawgs.

Lawrence County 28
Montgomery 14

Collins only score 7pts on Montgomery :pondering:
this game is hard to gauge. Don't know anything about montgomery county but the must have a decent squad only giving up 7 to collins. id say lc wins by 7. one thing is for sure the lc defense better be more than what they was last week.
LC and it wont be too close.

The Montgomery County school system is in complete turmoil, it has been run like a third world junta and now there is a new supt. Whole situation is very sad. More developments are coming.
Dogs win.

Thank you for the great staff there, who love Lawrence County and this program more than anybody else could. Thank you for the ridiculous amount of hours you spend away from your wives, children (and, soon to be children for some) where you get paid absolutely jack crap nothing. Thank you for your knowledge of the game. Thank you for putting your career lively hood into the hands of 14-17 year old young men. Thank you for literally playing the cards that your dealt and what walks through the door. You all, nor others can go pick what 25 kids you want to come in each year...you can't go sign some other world class athlete off of waivers when your original (s) goes down.

Thank you for somehow being able to deal with the selfish parents and kids of the world who are only concerned with their individual performance (s).
The dawgs take this one
I just got word that Austin Chaffins and Tanner Black are back on the team and they somehow managed to talk ROBERT DALTON into coming out too. Now of course he won't be able to play for around 2 weeks but I think he helps the dawgs tremendously! For Chaffins and Black they will not be able to play this week but will be good to go for next week. Chaffins has great hands and a great athlete, Black is 6'3 or 6'4 and has great hands, and Robert dalton is just Robert dalton. He will be the best athlete on the field, along with his brother. Things are looking up for the dawgs!
Dawgsfan98 Wrote:I just got word that Austin Chaffins and Tanner Black are back on the team and they somehow managed to talk ROBERT DALTON into coming out too. Now of course he won't be able to play for around 2 weeks but I think he helps the dawgs tremendously! For Chaffins and Black they will not be able to play this week but will be good to go for next week. Chaffins has great hands and a great athlete, Black is 6'3 or 6'4 and has great hands, and Robert dalton is just Robert dalton. He will be the best athlete on the field, along with his brother. Things are looking up for the dawgs!

If this is some kinda late april's fool joke it isn't funny. If true then holy sh*t! I also didn't know Chaffins and Black had gone anywhere. That explains why he wasn't kicking last week I guess. All 3 of them are tremendous athletes so I hope this news is true. Can anyone verify this?
team vote. Dalton not 100% for sure. If he does join team by rule have to sit out 2 weeks and would have a very steep learning curve as he has been out of football for several years.
This is all true, Robert an Brandon sat with me at the middle school game last night.
They have also added a kicker from the soccer team should be ready this week. Kicks 40 yard field goals all dsy long. Have also been told a coulple of big lineman have signed up. 5 players this week, things looking up in the dog pound.
"Holy smoke" can you imagine having the Dalton gang on the football team. This Bulldog team just got way faster. My only question is will Robert be a receiver or a TB. My prediction is that no team we play from this point on will kick to us strait up with those two back receiving. If they do they asked for it.
I'm at practice and I see Robert dalton and Austin chaffins. Rumors where true! Plus the kicker