Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pulaski County @ Scott County 8/28
BIG time matchup here.

Thoughts?
Scott County by a touchdown.
Pulaski wins by 2 scores. Scott has the history and rep but Pulaski has the better team.
Pulaski stays undefeated, but by a smaller margin on the road 35-21.
Pulaski County was impressive last week, even if it was a down Jeff. team. This is a good chance for the Maroons to make a statement. We know Scott County is a pretty good team. I hope PC wears them out, but I think it will be a close game. PC 35-28.
If Pulaski goes to Gtown and comes away with a 20+ plus win, look out.

I think if they win period, look out, but if PC were to go up there and handle Scott County with little effort, I don't see anyone in 5A having a chance to beat them except for BG.
I think Scott County will play right into PC's hands. Whoever beats PC will need speedy backs and a good passing game. Bowling Green has Christian County, St. X, and Owensboro the next three weeks and two of them are on the road. Looking forward to see how things work out in 5A this year.
Scott County is a 6A Powerhouse. Pulaski's Defense gave up over 300 yards and 27 pts last week to a sub-par team. This will be a Statement game for both....
Maroons by 6.
Got to pick PC by 7, close game. PC won State Championship last year and still have people who don't believe in them.
PC by 7
Sportsfanatic2015 Wrote:Got to pick PC by 7, close game. PC won State Championship last year and still have people who don't believe in them.

I don't believe in them. There's no such thing as a Maroon :biggrin:
BIG TIME PLAYERS MAKE BIG TIME PLAYS IN HUGE GAMES..

Cannot wait to see the Maroons take on the cards Friday! If our defense can fix some blown coverages from last week (par for game one across the state) and start FAST (unlike last week), I believe the Maroons win this one.

I look for Riley Football and Jake Johnson to make some noise playing in a great atmosphere @ Toyota Stadium. Both of these teams bring some serious speed to the turf. Should be a great game for high school football fans of KY!
Bowling Green has alot more to prove than Pulaski does. Even if PC falls short in this one on the road against a 6A team doesn't mean squat in 5A terms in which they still are the favorite and should be until someone in that class beats them. Cooper whips Highlands and Cooper is basically the same team hat PC manhandled in the playoffs last year. PCs only 2 losses last year were without their star QB who is back at full strength so people need to get away from all these teams reputations and past history and realize that PC is where those teams used to be and that's ON TOP! Adopted purple a piece of advice...don't walk looking back or you will stumble trying to go forward.
Best game of the weekend between two title contenders in their class Scott County 31 Pulaski County 28 This will be a dandy
45-34 Pulaski in a shootout.
PC gave up over 300 yards of offense and a ton of points to a mediocre team JVille... Scott Co is not mediocre, Cards win and I also have to laugh at Woody Hayes last comment.
I'll be heading to this one, what great early season match up! I think Pulaski pulls it out though.
Scott county 24-14
Pulaski. HUGE:

PC: 41

SC: 13
South Western 35 Scott County 3
Wish I could watch this one. GO PULASKI COUNTY. :Cheerlead
On paper this is going to be the Best Game in the State......A consistent 6A powerhouse Scott Co.Vs. Pulaski Co. The Defending 5A State Champs that have returned their nucleus from last year. I think their may be a reason why Scott Co has scheduled Cincinnati Elder, Oh, Highlands , PC, and Covington Catholic this year....I think Scott Co. will handle PC convincingly. But if PC plays a respectable game with a loss they should walk away with heads held high. 48- 14 Scott Co. And I hope PC proves me wrong.....
we will find out a lot about PC's 4 all-state linebackers Friday cause Scott County will pound them all night with a big o-line and a bruising fullback. SC33-PC14
Scott County
adopted purple Wrote:I think Scott County will play right into PC's hands. Whoever beats PC will need speedy backs and a good passing game. Bowling Green has Christian County, St. X, and Owensboro the next three weeks and two of them are on the road. Looking forward to see how things work out in 5A this year.

Not a great passing team, but Scott County definitely has speedy backs.

Keith Guy is legit.
Probably the best game of the week. Pulaski 35 to 28
Woody Hayes Wrote:Bowling Green has alot more to prove than Pulaski does. Even if PC falls short in this one on the road against a 6A team doesn't mean squat in 5A terms in which they still are the favorite and should be until someone in that class beats them. Cooper whips Highlands and Cooper is basically the same team hat PC manhandled in the playoffs last year. PCs only 2 losses last year were without their star QB who is back at full strength so people need to get away from all these teams reputations and past history and realize that PC is where those teams used to be and that's ON TOP! Adopted purple a piece of advice...don't walk looking back or you will stumble trying to go forward.

What are you talking about? I picked PC to win this game. I not resting on the past Purples teams. Until PC beats my team, I feel comfortable saying BG is the favorite. The polls agree with me. If we lose, I would say PC is the favorite, if they keep winning. If we don't make it to the finals, I would say PC will have to play Owensboro and I dont think PC could beat them either. JMO
PC by 3
N-IT-2-WIN-IT Wrote:PC by 3
The winner of 5A will come from this side whether its PC, Highlands Cooper, SW etc... Just too deep over here. BG is your only shot to win from the west. JMO