Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mayfield @ Fort Campbell updates
Sorry, I've been busy filming. It's halftime and MHS up 42-0.
Quick second half. The jv almost gave up a td. 42-0 final.
we both knew this wouldn't be close.
Mayfield's offense was hitting on all cylinders in the 1st half.. QB Landon Arnett was 11 of 14 for 178 yards and 4 TDs in the opening 2 quarters and RB Trajan Bright had 13 carries and 104 yards and a TD in the same 1st half. They scored on all 6 1st half possessions and made all 6 PATS and only 1 time in those 6 possessions did they even face a 3rd down situation. 6 different receivers caught passes. In addition to Brights rushing TD, Hernandez also had a rushing TD, while Caldwell had 2 receiving TDs, Kennemore had 1 and Tucker had 1. This Cardinal team has a lot of offensive weapons with big play ability both rushing and catching the ball.
Oh lord Mysonis55 is now filming games. :yikes:
They need to lick the icing off their face. Looks like another big year for the Cardinals. Is it to early to start talking DeSales?
I tried to tell everyone about how many weapons they had. I guess everyone thought I was full of it. Did you notice how many subs came in and contributed big? They had a catch or two out of Harrison that was big. They had some big runs by the freshman Matthews. They also had some good runs by the 2 sophomore rb's. I think the freshman QB looked good too. Only 2 players started both ways. I gotta come up with an offensive and defensive player of the week. I'm thinking on offense it could be any one of about 6 different players. On defense any one of about 8.
Advice to anyone thinking about attending a game at Ft Campbell don't go unless you can get there 2 hours before kickoff. Arrived at 645 pm background check line was long. I didn't get done until 845 pm. Walked into the stadium, and look at the field, and the teams where lined up doing the post game hand shake. Hope the coach drops them from the schedule after next year. Background check guy said you drove all this way for me to tell you you cant enter. I said why he smartasseshly said you know why and showed me a piece of paper and said read number 5 which stated id been convicted of a felony in armed robbery, rape, and child molestation. I said your computer has some problems I served 4 years in the military, and work at a prison, and you cant work there with a felony. He keeps looking and figures out he is background checking the wrong person. The whole line got a laugh when I got my pass and stated drove 2 hours to miss the game and be called a child molester. I seen on top of the west in front of me a ways in the line, so there where many others that missed the game. Many gave up in line, and went home. I even heard they kept the players bus at the front gate for 45 minutes doing background checks which messed with there warm up time as they only delayed the start of the game 10 minutes. Im done ranting.
mysonis55 Wrote:I tried to tell everyone about how many weapons they had. I guess everyone thought I was full of it. Did you notice how many subs came in and contributed big? They had a catch or two out of Harrison that was big. They had some big runs by the freshman Matthews. They also had some good runs by the 2 sophomore rb's. I think the freshman QB looked good too. Only 2 players started both ways. I gotta come up with an offensive and defensive player of the week. I'm thinking on offense it could be any one of about 6 different players. On defense any one of about 8.

Speaking of the freshman rb. Ashame his mom missed the game she was in line right in front of me.
All of this is factual. My son's girlfriend arrived about 6:45 with her father from Paducah. They didn't get in until we shook hands. Drove 1.5 hours to not see him play. I also talked to one of our huge linemen from on of the 80's state championship years. He had the same thing happen. I think if we play them again, they need to make their home games off the fort. I'm sure they have problems getting anyone to play them because of this. But, we have to remember the reasons for this. It is sad that our troops should have to worry so much about a game like this but, they truly do nowadays.
killbilly usmc Wrote:Advice to anyone thinking about attending a game at Ft Campbell don't go unless you can get there 2 hours before kickoff. Arrived at 645 pm background check line was long. I didn't get done until 845 pm. Walked into the stadium, and look at the field, and the teams where lined up doing the post game hand shake. Hope the coach drops them from the schedule after next year. Background check guy said you drove all this way for me to tell you you cant enter. I said why he smartasseshly said you know why and showed me a piece of paper and said read number 5 which stated id been convicted of a felony in armed robbery, rape, and child molestation. I said your computer has some problems I served 4 years in the military, and work at a prison, and you cant work there with a felony. He keeps looking and figures out he is background checking the wrong person. The whole line got a laugh when I got my pass and stated drove 2 hours to miss the game and be called a child molester. I seen on top of the west in front of me a ways in the line, so there where many others that missed the game. Many gave up in line, and went
home. I even heard they kept the players bus at the front gate for 45 minutes doing background checks which messed with there warm up time as they only delayed the start of the game 10 minutes. Im done ranting.

:lmao: Killbilly usmc.....I think I would have give them **** But I'm sure you did.
Killbilly, they do have some good highlights on gridiron glory. You can go to their website and watch.
http://www.wpsdlocal6.com/story/29853400...ory-scores

Here's the highlights that 55 was talking about.
killbilly usmc Wrote:Advice to anyone thinking about attending a game at Ft Campbell don't go unless you can get there 2 hours before kickoff. Arrived at 645 pm background check line was long. I didn't get done until 845 pm. Walked into the stadium, and look at the field, and the teams where lined up doing the post game hand shake. Hope the coach drops them from the schedule after next year. Background check guy said you drove all this way for me to tell you you cant enter. I said why he smartasseshly said you know why and showed me a piece of paper and said read number 5 which stated id been convicted of a felony in armed robbery, rape, and child molestation. I said your computer has some problems I served 4 years in the military, and work at a prison, and you cant work there with a felony. He keeps looking and figures out he is background checking the wrong person. The whole line got a laugh when I got my pass and stated drove 2 hours to miss the game and be called a child molester. I seen on top of the west in front of me a ways in the line, so there where many others that missed the game. Many gave up in line, and went home. I even heard they kept the players bus at the front gate for 45 minutes doing background checks which messed with there warm up time as they only delayed the start of the game 10 minutes. Im done ranting.
I've never been to a game at the Fort so never thought anything about this. sorry you had to go through this.
I hope they get things fixed with the Falcons. Maybe find a place outside the fort they can use for a home field or something. Or maybe they could have teams get their fans pre screened before they travel and then give them a tag to get in.
mysonis55 Wrote:I hope they get things fixed with the Falcons. Maybe find a place outside the fort they can use for a home field or something. Or maybe they could have teams get their fans pre screened before they travel and then give them a tag to get in.

they need to play off base for sure. sounds like too much hassle to try to watch a game.
55 do you think Mayfield will sneak out a win this friday.
killbilly usmc Wrote:55 do you think Mayfield will sneak out a win this friday.

:thatsfunn
killbilly usmc Wrote:55 do you think Mayfield will sneak out a win this friday.

I must state what Coach Morris said in the Mayfield paper: "Marshall is big upfront and have excellent skill people that will flat out get after it, we will have to be ready
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:I must state what Coach Morris said in the Mayfield paper: "Marshall is big upfront and have excellent skill people that will flat out get after it, we will have to be ready

Guess that's the politically correct thing to even though we know he doesn't believe it.
Marshall is big up front and have chose to go back to what they should do with that kind of team. They are going to try to run straight ahead and take it 3 plays to make the first. I think that is smart on their behalf. This could shorten the game and make it difficult for us to get the ball for any extended period of time. I therefore think that the score shouldn't get any more lopsided than say 56-0 Mayfield.