Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#2 Raceland vs West Carter 8/22
T-CATS Wrote:Why is this game being played on Saturday night and not Friday. Grayson radio channel said the game was Friday night.:insane:
I think every Raceland home opener will be on Saturday from here on out because of the RAMS HALL of FAME dinner and induction ceremony before the game. Then the HOF members are introduced to the crowd at the game.
I'll be their got check out the Rams!! Only been to Ram field for Middle school game what's good at the concession stand.
T-CATS Wrote:I'll be their got check out the Rams!! Only been to Ram field for Middle school game what's good at the concession stand.

Just about everything. All the burgers, hotdogs, and brats are grilled fresh. I gotta recomend the brat though. Peppers, onions, and kraut all griled up right next to em on the grills.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Just about everything. All the burgers, hotdogs, and brats are grilled fresh. I gotta recomend the brat though. Peppers, onions, and kraut all griled up right next to em on the grills.
i agree. from someone who has eaten at every concession stand in the ohio valley i would put racelands in the top 10. also reasonably priced.
Raceland softball makes funnel cakes for the football game too
Raceland
Anyone know if the Brown kids are related and/or related to the Coach? One boy is a jr the other a sr according to the khsaa site and both have good speed and are pretty tough runners. Neither has the size of Baker, but this should be a good prep to deal with closing in and wrapping up before a quick RB gets to the edge. I highly doubt WC's line is as good as Ashland's, but it should be a good first game. West is much improved. They impressed me in the grid, Greenup disapointed me. Their defense didnt look as good as it did last year.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Anyone know if the Brown kids are related and/or related to the Coach? One boy is a jr the other a sr according to the khsaa site and both have good speed and are pretty tough runners. Neither has the size of Baker, but this should be a good prep to deal with closing in and wrapping up before a quick RB gets to the edge. I highly doubt WC's line is as good as Ashland's, but it should be a good first game. West is much improved. They impressed me in the grid, Greenup disapointed me. Their defense didnt look as good as it did last year.
They are both coaches sons. They may have some speed but they aren't even close to our Brown and Baker is a different animal all together. Raceland won't see anyone close to Baker the rest of the season. He would rather run through you now as to try and get by you. Confusednicker:
T-CATS Wrote:They are both coaches sons. They may have some speed but they aren't even close to our Brown and Baker is a different animal all together. Raceland won't see anyone close to Baker the rest of the season. He would rather run through you now as to try and get by you. Confusednicker:

Im glad to hear that. That, imo, is whats held him back. Is goin down IF you could get a helmet on him. He'll have to be able to on Racelands dline. Hardest hitting kids we have had in awhile.
If we get beat by the comets we should cancel the rest of the season.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Just about everything. All the burgers, hotdogs, and brats are grilled fresh. I gotta recomend the brat though. Peppers, onions, and kraut all griled up right next to em on the grills.

bring a brat with kraut to The Burg Smile
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:If we get beat by the comets we should cancel the rest of the season.

for sure.
For the Rams to lose this game would take alot of help from the refs and some serious partying before the game, but then again I wad wrong once, back in 1983.
I've watched this team practice a few times and I have spoken with some of the players and I believe this could be the best Raceland team that we have seen since 08.

They are very team oriented and well disciplined which will make them a hard out for anyone this season. I have also observed tht they are a hard hitting team and they have a meanness that I haven't seen from a Raceland team in a long time.

With all of the HOF stuff going on this week as well as the excitement for the home opener I don't see this one being close with a possible running clock by halftime. I am excited to see the Rams in a live game and unfortunately for West I think the Rams will come out Saturday and set the tone for what could be a very special season.

Raceland 47
West Carter 13
I'm not giving West much of a chance either but 1st game and all the hype and 15-18 year old kids anything is possible. West Carter beating Greenup in that scrimmage gave the Rams coaching staff all the ammo needed to get the Rams attention.
T-CATS Wrote:They are both coaches sons. They may have some speed but they aren't even close to our Brown and Baker is a different animal all together. Raceland won't see anyone close to Baker the rest of the season. He would rather run through you now as to try and get by you. Confusednicker:

If baker is trying to run through people now it would be a huge change from years past , he's fast and great athlete but I've never seen him run through anybody ever
Ams 40
Comets 14
Raceland 52

West Carter 10
Orange Blaze Wrote:I've watched this team practice a few times and I have spoken with some of the players and I believe this could be the best Raceland team that we have seen since 08.

They are very team oriented and well disciplined which will make them a hard out for anyone this season. I have also observed tht they are a hard hitting team and they have a meanness that I haven't seen from a Raceland team in a long time.

With all of the HOF stuff going on this week as well as the excitement for the home opener I don't see this one being close with a possible running clock by halftime. I am excited to see the Rams in a live game and unfortunately for West I think the Rams will come out Saturday and set the tone for what could be a very special season.

Raceland 47
West Carter 13

2008 was a special team who just fell short. I was at the Pikeville and Hazard game that year and remember hearing the score at half time and at the end game. My words were they was too conservative. But I agree from knowing what they have back this team could be as good as 08 because they are very similar even though the running backs are of different styles.
bac2369 Wrote:2008 was a special team who just fell short. I was at the Pikeville and Hazard game that year and remember hearing the score at half time and at the end game. My words were they was too conservative. But I agree from knowing what they have back this team could be as good as 08 because they are very similar even though the running backs are of different styles.

I don't know too many folks around Raceland whose words were conservative after that game with LCA lol. That team was truly something special and as a sports fan it was hard to see them lose. I think what made that team so great was that they were a united team that played very well together. I see that same sense of team comradary with this years squad and I believe that this year's team will do great things.

I have heard a lot of talk about making up for the loss of Messer and I agree that you cannot replace an athlete like that. However, I think this team may be better off without a standout like Connor because they will have to come together and play more like a unit. Over the past couple of seasons I noticed that the team may have relied on Connor too much for his big play abilities and I believe that was their Achilles because when he wasn't playing well the performance of the team struggled as well. Will Connor be missed? Yes he will but I don't think his loss will be as bad as some may think.
Orange Blaze Wrote:I don't know too many folks around Raceland whose words were conservative after that game with LCA lol. That team was truly something special and as a sports fan it was hard to see them lose. I think what made that team so great was that they were a united team that played very well together. I see that same sense of team comradary with this years squad and I believe that this year's team will do great things.

I have heard a lot of talk about making up for the loss of Messer and I agree that you cannot replace an athlete like that. However, I think this team may be better off without a standout like Connor because they will have to come together and play more like a unit. Over the past couple of seasons I noticed that the team may have relied on Connor too much for his big play abilities and I believe that was their Achilles because when he wasn't playing well the performance of the team struggled as well. Will Connor be missed? Yes he will but I don't think his loss will be as bad as some may think.

I agree 100%. Connor was a difference maker. But at times it seemed like both the players and coaches had an attitude of "well Connor will pick up the first down, or Connor will get us out of this mess". You saw what happened when Connor got shutdown in the state semis last year. We had also went away from the passing game the last two or 3 weeks prior and looked out of sorts in that regaurd. Just from watching the intersquad scrimmage and the grid, it looks like the coaching staff wants to be alot more balanced this year. I think this could potentially be the best over all team to wear RAMS acrossed their chest.
I'm going to just say it..... I don't like the black on black
I don't understand it at all
I like the black on black I don't like the whites
But I would rather have the Orange on orange definitely
The white jerseys looked kind of cheap imo. I assume thats what u r refering to. No orange other than the helmet. I like the black jerseys, wouldnt mind maybe seeing the orange pants with them. Lord has it really come down to color schemes?lol...man Saturday cant get her quick enough lol
I thought we looked like the Cleveland Browns
Or ironton hahaha
Saturday night when the pads go to popping it won't matter what color the uniforms are, we'll all be excited ! ! !
GO RAMS !! !
Hard to believe we ran out of things to talk about lol we are usually a windy bunch.
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:Rams By eleventy billion!

:closeenough: