•  Previous
  • 15(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raceland 2015
Hearing good things from Ramcamp. Lineman will be in shape thats for sure.
When and who are the Rams scrimmaging this year?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Lewis co at Lewis co on the 15th
Meet the Rams is at the end of the week.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Returning to the team next year, who could potentially take over, you will have
Nick Caldwell ( will be a jr: has qb experience and is a great athelete)
Damon Black (will be a Soph Frosh/JV QB)
Judd Adkins (will be a Frosh. REMEMBER THIS KID)
Carson Christian (SR/RB) was the Frosh/JV QB last year and has experience in the offense. i doubt u seem him taking the snaps unless its a Wildcat situation

Well one of those guys has seen reps with the 1s, but the guywho seem to be getting the knod, will be Nathaniel Davidson. And just from watching him in 7 on 7s and in practice, he looks pretty good. Making good throws and in most situations, if he cant get the ball where our guy can get it, then no one will get it. He still has alot of work to do, tends to throw the short 5-10 yd passes like he tackles, 1000mph and driving ur head into the ground lol. But he has a really nice touch on long balls and has more of an arm than I realized. Also has the ability to tuckand run if need be. But, Talked to some of the coaches and they say he has grown up alot over the summer and really taking this chance to heart. If it all works out, he could be another 2 year starter at QB for the Rams. By that point, i think Damon Black will be ready.

Damon has looked pretty good as well, but he seems to kind of fall apart playing with the 1s against other 1s.

We will be deep, we will be conditioned, we will be disciplined. Will it be enough? Who the hell knows. I just know Im ready for some HS football!!
Calm down Scotty.....your head is going to explode into a huge orange dust cloud.
Hahaha.......but yes I'm ready too!
RAMDAD50 Wrote:Calm down Scotty.....your head is going to explode into a huge orange dust cloud.
Hahaha.......but yes I'm ready too!

It most certainly will if the offseason doesnt hurry along!!
Scotty , it's here !!!! Meet the Rams this Friday night , grid next sat , west carter the following week. So from this Friday on there's a game each week
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Scotty , it's here !!!! Meet the Rams this Friday night , grid next sat , west carter the following week. So from this Friday on there's a game each week

And i love it!! Sadly, i wont be able to make Meet the Rams. I will be out of town. But hopefully they will stream it via youtube so i can watch it later on.
I love your passion for Ram football, Scotty. Raceland is my pick to make it to Bowling Green this year from the east. They are a better team across the board than their main competition, which at this point I would have to say is Paintsville.
nekysportsfan Wrote:I love your passion for Ram football, Scotty. Raceland is my pick to make it to Bowling Green this year from the east. They are a better team across the board than their main competition, which at this point I would have to say is Paintsville.

Paintsville will be the least of Raceland's worries.
pjdoug Wrote:Paintsville will be the least of Raceland's worries.

I realize Paintsville isn't close to Raceland's level, but that's what I'm saying. Raceland is head and shoulders above the competition in the east this season.
I think Pikeville will be tough this year. They return a great RB and have a good line coming back to. Hazard will be tough as usual and come playoff time, I think Williamsburg will have their ducks in a row. Paintsville, will be more experienced upfront than last year, they will get a healthy Kent Phelps, snd they have Kash. One thing that I believe will give us an edge is, not only, do we have experience upfront, we will have experienced depth, experienced 2s, upfront. According to the KHSAA website, we have 61 kids out this year. There are 15 seniors and somewhere north or south of 20 juniors. I really like our shot at making it over the humo to BG this year. Though I think our depth is an advantage and experience and sleed upfront will be a major factor, i think Pikeville, Wburg, and Hazard will be able to gove us all we want. But we have to get through Paintsville first AND an improved Fairview team. We have our work cut out for us, truthfuly, who ever comes out of the east does.
It will come down to Paintsville & Raceland in that district. Paintsville will be solid and won't roll over, but I still think Raceland is the better team.
Went to watch the scrimmage last night . There's something different about this team , I truly thinks 61 guys with the same goal and no superstars just a bunch of very good players , heck the qb plays linebacker , the line is nice size and look athletic , running backs run hard ,and they return their entire front 7 on defense that was pretty dang good last year , its early but I really like their chances to go all the way and hopefully bring
a championship home to Raceland
I just read my post haha heck I'm all over the place , sorry just super excited about this Rams team
This very well could be the year for the Rams. Can't see anybody beating them until the finals. And Wouldn't be surprised if they take down mighty Beechwood.
I cant remember the last time we had a roster like this. Usually, we have 2 or 3 big time players, then 2 or 3 thst play supporting rolls, or a group of skill guys that are special, or a great group of lineman. This year we have experience upfront, experience in the backfield, suprisingly experienced at 2 of the 4 WR positions and have a QB that has seen alot of PT and our secondary will be experienced as well now that they have moved some kids around. Great group of smash mouth RBs. Goina be a fun year.
After Racelands hick-up against Ashland hope they run the table and bring home the title. Would be nice to see Ashland along with Raceland both make the finals and bring home titles been way to long for both.
In our area i think Raceland, Ashland, and Russell, if all the stars line up could all bring home titles. Throw in Greenup Co, Paintsville, and Johnson Central and the Daily Independent area over all has some really good teams this year
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:In our area i think Raceland, Ashland, and Russell, if all the stars line up could all bring home titles. Throw in Greenup Co, Paintsville, and Johnson Central and the Daily Independent area over all has some really good teams this year
What is the youtube channel that shows Raceland games?
Greenupbeacon.com streams Russell home games but their quality is pretty bad. I wish Russell would use youtube or some other service to stream.
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:What is the youtube channel that shows Raceland games?

I am not sure what youtube channel that shows the games. A link was posted weekly on facebook group I am a part of on the day of the. I usually tried to post them on here when I get it. It is good quality, much better than ihigh.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Ihigh is gone. Someone else bought the rights or somethin. It wasnt too bad when it started a few years ago, but the last two seasons it has been a big waste of time. The stream that comes via youtube is pretty good and is supposed to be improving again this year fr what I am told. Its done by a volunteer if i am not mistaken.
^The broadcasts are done by the father of one of the players. He and his partner do a good job with the broadcasts.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I figured it was a former and current players dad, judging by the name. They do a good job. I love that people take time out and do these little things. I know there are alot of former players and grads that are either moved away or arent well enough to make it to games. Nice to know they have a way to keep in touch with the current teams.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:I figured it was a former and current players dad, judging by the name. They do a good job. I love that people take time out and do these little things. I know there are alot of former players and grads that are either moved away or arent well enough to make it to games. Nice to know they have a way to keep in touch with the current teams.

It's the only way I get to see any games. I have not lived in the area since HS graduation, it's nice watching them play.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
There's the link to the page idk if they are having it tonight but this should work for the rest of the season
Anyone get over to Meet the Rams last night? Always hard to tell much from intersquad scrimmages. I always try to watch for intensity and how well each kid knows their job. I was out of town last night.
It went ok , nothing spectacular it was the last practice at the end of a long week for the boys and it showed imo
  •  Previous
  • 15(current)
  • Next