#3. Central
#4. LexCath
#5. Corbin
#6. Tilghman
#7. Bell Co
#8. Lawrence Co
#9. Russell
#10. Garrard Co

It was a hard pick between Boyle and Central but I believe Boyle will show as big of an improvement as any team in 3A under coach Smith. I wanted to pick my Dawgs over Bell so bad but the drubbings we got from Bell back in 4A under coach Hilton are just way too fresh in my mind lol.
1A
#1. Beechwood
#2. Russellville
#3. Raceland
#4. Pikeville
#5. Hazard
#6. Paintsville
#7. Frankfort
#8. Williamsburg
#9. Paris
#10. Fairview
Do-double-gg Wrote:Translation......Waa, Waa, Waa, Waa, Waa, Waa, and Waaaaa!!!
Jealous much? With a name like Cardinals ride I hope that's not a Sheldon Clark Cardinal fan asking what another team has done to earn anything lately.
I'm just asking why a team that took 3rd in the district last year is in almost every 3a preseason top ten. A LC team that had to recover 2 onside kicks at SC to put away a 1-10 team. Not really hating or crying just wondering. Jealous?? Hahaha... No, can honestly say I've never been jealous of a team that takes 3rd in district play.
64SUR Wrote:My pre-season Top Ten 3A..Remember Pre-Season

1. Belfry
2. Central
3. Corbin ( will be # 1 when the dust settle )
4. Boyle County
5. Lexington Cath.
6. Garrard County ( guessing )
7. Paducah Tilgham
8. Bell county
9. Lawrence County ( loss to a 1A team last year )
10. Russell ( Also loss to a 1A team last year )
11. Could be anybody for 9 or 10 spot.

:poker face:

If Corbin is #1 when the dust settles, man they better get some play makers in the skills position. I know it's only 7-7, but Corbin got lite up by several teams with athletes.. ie Lafayette and Lex catholic is similar or better skills that Lafayette.
FBfan4life Wrote:If Corbin is #1 when the dust settles, man they better get some play makers in the skills position. I know it's only 7-7, but Corbin got lite up by several teams with athletes.. ie Lafayette and Lex catholic is similar or better skills that Lafayette.

I don't know what you mean by lite-up, Lafayette won it all and they trailed Corbin at the half and until late in the game when they took the lead off of what would have been another Corbin TD pass that went off the hands of one of Corbin's receivers and was intercepted in the end zone. They beat Corbin by 4 points less than a TD. Corbin in beating Butler in their first game was leading by 30+ points in the first half and played their jv in the second half winning this game, but lost to Butler in the second elimination game, this shows how Corbin is just inconsistent right now in the 7 on 7's because of their youth.
7-on-7 flag football is supposed to be a true indicator of the top football teams in KY?

Hahahaha, have fun with that and let me know when any of those wins count.
cherokee Wrote:I don't know what you mean by lite-up, Lafayette won it all and they trailed Corbin at the half and until late in the game when they took the lead off of what would have been another Corbin TD pass that went off the hands of one of Corbin's receivers and was intercepted in the end zone. They beat Corbin by 4 points less than a TD. Corbin in beating Butler in their first game was leading by 30+ points in the first half and played their jv in the second half winning this game, but lost to Butler in the second elimination game, this shows how Corbin is just inconsistent right now in the 7 on 7's because of their youth.

They have definitely shown glimpses of what they could be, but right now like you said there is just too much inconsistency.
Do-double-gg Wrote:My top 10 in 3A
#1. Belfry
#2. Boyle Co
#3. Central
#4. LexCath
#5. Corbin
#6. Tilghman
#7. Bell Co
#8. Lawrence Co
#9. Russell
#10. Garrard Co

It was a hard pick between Boyle and Central but I believe Boyle will show as big of an improvement as any team in 3A under coach Smith. I wanted to pick my Dawgs over Bell so bad but the drubbings we got from Bell back in 4A under coach Hilton are just way too fresh in my mind lol.

move Belfry down at least a couple spots.:rockon:
1a

1) pikeville
2) beechwood
3) raceland
4) paintsville
5) frankfort
6) williamsburg
7) russellville
8) hazard
9) holy cross
10) campbellsville
2a

1) Desales
2) Mayfield
3) CAL
4) Murray
5) NCC
6) OB Catholic
7) Shelby Valley
8) Danville
9) LCA
10) Leslie Co
3a

1) Belfry
2) Lex Catholic
3) Corbin
4) Boyle Co
5) Central
6) Caldwell Co
7) Tilghman
8) Garrard Co
9) Bardstown
10) Russell
4a

1) Johnson Central
2) South Warren
3) John Hardin
4) North Oldham
5) Collins
6) Knox Central
7) Franklin Co
8) Warren Central
9) Franklin Simpson
10) Scott
5a

1) Highlands
2) Bowling Green
3) Covington Catholic
4) Pulaski Co
5) Owensboro
6) Anderson Co
7) Southwestern
8) Christian Co
9) Iroquois
10) Grayson Co
6a

1) Male
2) Trinity
3) St X
4) Scott Co
5) Ballard
6) Manual
7) Henry Clay
8) Simon Kenton
9) Central Hardin
10) McCracken Co
Cardinals ride Wrote:I'm just asking why a team that took 3rd in the district last year is in almost every 3a preseason top ten. A LC team that had to recover 2 onside kicks at SC to put away a 1-10 team. Not really hating or crying just wondering. Jealous?? Hahaha... No, can honestly say I've never been jealous of a team that takes 3rd in district play.

LC finished behind Belfry and.......? Btw....what was the score of that LC /SC game? must have been a nail biter for LC to pull out the win by onside kicks. Keep drinking the haterade man. SC has much bigger problems than worrying about where football fans place your hated bulldogs I should think.
Cardinals ride Wrote:I'm just asking why a team that took 3rd in the district last year is in almost every 3a preseason top ten. A LC team that had to recover 2 onside kicks at SC to put away a 1-10 team. Not really hating or crying just wondering. Jealous?? Hahaha... No, can honestly say I've never been jealous of a team that takes 3rd in district play.

"Um no"! Lawrence County finished 2nd in the district behind only Belfry. I wouldn't feel too good about the Cardinals game against us last year because we also had very bad games against an average 1A Fairview team and we got folded by a very good 1A Raceland team. Raceland was good but it should have been a close game but we just fell apart in that one. The Dawg's laid a few eggs last season and we were very streaky but that same team took Belfry to the wire in October and had the lead and all the momentum at one point. It is pretty obvious that we beat better teams last year then Sheldon Clark and I look to be smelling scorched feathers after our meeting this season lol.
3a

1 Belfry
2 Boyle
3 Central
4 Corbin
5 Lex Catholic
6 Tilghman
7 Lawrence
8 Bell
9 Russell
10 Garrard

Belfry hangs on to number 1 because they are champs. But 2-3-4-5 are right on their heels by season end. I'm thinking 2 and 4 have a great chance to top them.
My 2A top 10

#1. Desales
#2. Mayfield
#3. NewCath
#4. CAL
#5. OCath
#6. Shelby Valley
#7. Murray
#8. Lloyd Memorial
#9. Monroe County
#10. Danville
My 4A top 10

#1. Johnson Central
#2. John Hardin
#3. South Warren
#4. Collins
#5. Ashland
#6. Madisonville North Hopkins
#7. Warren Central
#8. Franklin Simpson
#9. North Oldham
#10. Bourbon County
My top 10 5A. I don't even care about 6A because we don't have any in the Mountains.

#1. Highlands
#2. Bowling Green
#3. Pulaski County
#4. Covington Catholic
#5. Southwestern
#6. Owensboro
#7. Anderson Co
#8. Christian Co
#9. Bullitt East
#10. North Laurel
How can Belfry be in the top 10. They have nothing coming back and one of the worst middle school football programs to ever hit the field.
Just because they have won back to back high school championships and going for a 4 peat in middle school doesn't mean they belong in the top 10.
^^^^

It doesnt matter, next year my Central YellowJackets will be back on top...
luke skywalker Wrote:^^^^

It doesnt matter, next year my Central YellowJackets will be back on top...

They will have trouble getting past Boyle County and Corbin.
0ff The Chain Wrote:LC finished behind Belfry and.......? Btw....what was the score of that LC /SC game? must have been a nail biter for LC to pull out the win by onside kicks. Keep drinking the haterade man. SC has much bigger problems than worrying about where football fans place your hated bulldogs I should think.
Haterade?? Really?? Lol... Anyway, it's just my opinion that LC isn't deserving of a top ten ranking based on the team they had last year. I mistakenly thought LC took third in the district... Oh well. I just was not impressed with them when they came to SC. Just my opinion but they don't seem like a top ten team.
pjdoug Wrote:They will have trouble getting past Boyle County and Corbin.
Im already calling it, this is going to be one of the fastest Central teams weve had, and that says alot with our teams in the past. Speed kills in this game, just ask the pirates. We will be back on top after taking Belfry down in the finals AGAIN. If they get by Corbin that is.
luke skywalker Wrote:Im already calling it, this is going to be one of the fastest Central teams weve had, and that says alot with our teams in the past. Speed kills in this game, just ask the pirates. We will be back on top after taking Belfry down in the finals AGAIN. If they get by Corbin that is.

if :biggrin:
The Redhounds will be hard to beat as the season goes on.. They might lose a few early to inexperience and youth.
I agree with the keyword the other poster used earlier tho. SPEED does kill in this game
1A
1. Beechwood
2. Pikeville
3. Paintsville
4. Frankfort
5. Hazard
6. Russellville
7. Fairview
8. Williamsburg
9. Pairs
10. Pineville

2A
1. Mayfield
2. DeSales
3. Christian Academy-Louisville
4. Newport Central Catholic
5. Murray
6. Owensboro Catholic
7. Danville
8. Prestonsburg
9. Lexington Christian
10. Shelby Valley

3A
1. Lexington Catholic
2. Central
3. Boyle County
4. Belfry
5. Bell County
6. Corbin
7. Breathitt County
8. Russell
9. Paducah Tilghman
10. Lawrence County

4A
1. South Warren
2. John Hardin
3. Johnson Central
4. Ashland Blazer
5. North Oldham
6. Franklin-Simpson
7. Knox Central
8. Madisonville-North Hopkins
9. Warren East
10. Wayne County

5A
1. Highlands
2. Bowling Green
3. Covington Catholic
4. Pulaski County
5. Owensboro
6. Letcher County Central
7. Southwestern
8. Warren Central
9. Bullitt Central
10. Iroquois

6A
1. Trinity (Louisville)
2. Male
3. St. Xavier
4. Scott County
5. Lafayette
6. DuPont Manual
7. Meade County
8. Simon Kenton
9. Henry Clay
10. Ballard
[quote=wildcats fan]1A
1. Beechwood
2. Pikeville
3. Paintsville
4. Frankfort
5. Hazard
6. Russellville
7. Fairview
8. Williamsburg
9. Pairs
10. Pineville

No Raceland in the top 10?:pondering:
Leonidas Wrote:7-on-7 flag football is supposed to be a true indicator of the top football teams in KY?

Hahahaha, have fun with that and let me know when any of those wins count.

NO! it's not suppose to be an indicator, but it shows which team(s) that has SPEED, athletes, timing with the QB and his receivers. And yes those win(s) does count cause Lafayette won it all out of 30( ? ) some teams. So when the dust do settle in 3A, do let us know who's sitting at top ( Belfry, Boyle Co, Lex Cath, Lou Central, PT )