•  Previous
  • 12(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raceland 2015
anotherfootballnut Wrote:I disagree you have to replace Connor but not with one player , but with multiple players , moving Nathaniel to safety makes the defense more physical , along with Carson at he other safety for coverage . Connor was a great cover safety but not physical at all so you take two players and replace him there , on offense last year connor was used more of a decoy because everyone was keying on him , this year Howard moves into his reviewer spot very fast kid along with John cherry , if Nataniel isn't the qb he will be on offense somewhere probably at receiver , if not I look for Carson to move to receiver again replacing connor with multiple kids , and let's be honest not one of those basketball kids would help at all , they all played in jr high and they didn't like contact at all , which is fine football isn't for everyone and that doesn't mean they are less of a athlete just not football players

In regaurds to the Wburg game, whats done is done, we all have our opinions, Wburg won again, we lost again, by almost the same score. I definitely agree that Nathaniel moving to safety will make us extremely physical in the secondary and Howard and Cherry should be fine at QB and reciever. Howard is very fast, if he gets the ball in space, he is a threat to go the distance at any time. I also think that if Davidson or Christian is at QB, the other will be at Reciever. If thats where the race for the QB job lies, id rather see Davidson get the knod, simply bc we could get two years out of him back there rather than playing this game again next year, but Black could be ready by then, so who knows. I dont, however, feel that Damon is ready to take the reins this year. He has a freaking cannon for an arm, but he is pretty inaccurate with it. Hehas a good coach in Grizzle though, who knows what will shake out. Im confident though, that the coaches will put the best possible product on the field and have them all very well prepared week in and week out. Love this staff and the RWHS community.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:In regaurds to the Wburg game, whats done is done, we all have our opinions, Wburg won again, we lost again, by almost the same score. I definitely agree that Nathaniel moving to safety will make us extremely physical in the secondary and Howard and Cherry should be fine at QB and reciever. Howard is very fast, if he gets the ball in space, he is a threat to go the distance at any time. I also think that if Davidson or Christian is at QB, the other will be at Reciever. If thats where the race for the QB job lies, id rather see Davidson get the knod, simply bc we could get two years out of him back there rather than playing this game again next year, but Black could be ready by then, so who knows. I dont, however, feel that Damon is ready to take the reins this year. He has a freaking cannon for an arm, but he is pretty inaccurate with it. Hehas a good coach in Grizzle though, who knows what will shake out. Im confident though, that the coaches will put the best possible product on the field and have them all very well prepared week in and week out. Love this staff and the RWHS community.

Now me and Scotty agree 100% .. Hahahahaha . I have full faith in the coaching staff and they will put the right players in the right spot so they and the team will be successful
I said Howard snd Cherry would do fine at QB and Reciever, should have said CB and Reciever. Howard should be our biggest threat in the long passing game and on the slant/screen rts, he has the speed to beat just about anyone down field, more like a Trey Potter type of reciever. Cherry has good hands and is a bit more physical, i look for him to be used in a similar way that Maverick Dixon was used. Carson Christian or Nathaniel Davidson can also both be very good recievers, Carson was very strong out of the backfield last year, so I kind of expect him to see time at both positions. Kane will be the no 1 RB, and dservingly so. We may not have a kid with D1 speed or size in the backfield, but we have a stable full of hardnosed, downhill, smack u in the mouth RBs. Bailey Walker seems to be our tough yardage and "hype" guy. Something changes in our entire team when he gets moving, kid is strong as an ox. I know I keep saying it, but if our QB can simply take care of the ball and make teams respect the 10-15 yard routes and have to watch for playaction screens, we will be right in the thick of things come late november/early december. A good test out the gate w Ashland, a Midseason challenge with Valley and Port West, which starts a pretty tough stretch at seasons end, capped off with the RCB at Ivan McGlone Field with Russell. Possibly the toughest schedule we have played in sometime, simply bc Paintsville and Fairview are so much better district opponents, no Bereas, no Nicholas Countys. We gotta get things shored up early on bc the only "gimme" games are likely to be the Carter Co schools. Id give nething to fast foward to August!!
I agree August can't get here fast enough , went by the field this morning but didn't see any practice going On , they must've been inside
anotherfootballnut Wrote:I agree August can't get here fast enough , went by the field this morning but didn't see any practice going On , they must've been inside

We have Fridays off until the real stuff starts up in July.
They lift early then go through conditioning/team meetings.
When is Raceland's 7 on 7 tournament?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Last years was in mid July so looking at the calendar I would say around July 17th -18
Last I heard it was going to be the week of July 10th or the week of July 17th. Its funny with these passing scrimmages. Teams who rarely throw often have good showings, then they ATTEMPT 30 passes all year. In any event though, its always good to see kids get out and compete in a team setting.
Yes if I remember correctly , Ironton beat Raceland in the championship last year and I bet they didn't throw the ball 30 times all of last year
July 17-18 is Raceland's 7 on 7 tourney.
Anyone feel like we will know who is in the front of the line for the QB spot at that point? Carson played QB as a Frosh if im not mistaken and I know Nathaniel did in Jr High and as a Frosh some. What everhappened to the Preston kid? I think that was his name. He played JV QB two years ago, did he leave or just stop playing? He looked good from what I saw, but havent heard his name mentioned since the end of the 2013 season. Had a good arm, accurate, more of a pure pocket QB than i had seen at Raceland since Grizzle was there.
Preston quit last year , I was told he knew he would never be anything other than jv qb , he had good size but arm was weak and didn't make good decisions . I feel like that's what the coaches are liking for in a qb this year someone who makes good decisions don't have to win a game just control it and not make a big mistake to get them beat . The overwhelming strength of this team is the line and defense that's what they will use to win games
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Preston quit last year , I was told he knew he would never be anything other than jv qb , he had good size but arm was weak and didn't make good decisions . I feel like that's what the coaches are liking for in a qb this year someone who makes good decisions don't have to win a game just control it and not make a big mistake to get them beat . The overwhelming strength of this team is the line and defense that's what they will use to win games

When I saw him, he was young, but showed some promise in his mechanics, but seems like that was as far as its went, and it wont go no more lol. It was all out of curiosity any way. In any event, long as our qb takes care of the football and plays smart, we will be fine.
Numbers seem good according to KHSAA. With the exclusion of Nick Caldwell's still being on the roster, shows 48 kids, with no Freshman currently on the list. Im sure that class will supply another 10-15 bodies. Looking like we will have right at or around 60, maybe more this year. That number seems to be pretty consistent over the last 5 years or so. Love to see those kinds of numbers.
How many times does Raceland throw the ball down field more than 25 yards.
Last year probably 1/4 or 1/3 of the passes were at or around 25 yds. The mesh and shallow series was more consistent bc of our height at the reciever spots. I expect more in the 10-15 yd range this year. We shouldn't need a long passing game, just enough to keep defenses honest. If that stays the course, then are off it should be pretty good. Defense should be great, offense of line should be great, running back position should be great. If we Make teams play balance defense, we will be a tough out.
better question? how many completions and yards does rams future qb Nathaniel Davidson have? unproven qb will force rams to run this year...teams will load the box and force him to throw
I think that if Nathaniel is under center, he will have plenty enough ability to make throws that need to be made. He is a good ball player, may see some dual qb possibilities as well.
scrappy coco Wrote:better question? how many completions and yards does rams future qb Nathaniel Davidson have? unproven qb will force rams to run this year...teams will load the box and force him to throw

Teams loaded the box and played double coverage on messer last year, we still managed to run the ball effectively outside of the Williamsburg game.
The QB will not make or break Raceland , defense and line will be where they win games
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Teams loaded the box and played double coverage on messer last year, we still managed to run the ball effectively outside of the Williamsburg game.

I doubt if you will play another team like Williamsburg last year this season. I do think if Raceland can develop a passing game and mobile QB. You guys may be going to Bowling Green... I ALMOST WANT TO PROMISE....But I want....Confusednicker:
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Teams loaded the box and played double coverage on messer last year, we still managed to run the ball effectively outside of the Williamsburg game.

Seven is different than Eight in the box. I agree that Messer being gone & breaking in a new QB without a player of Messer's caliber to stretch the field, you'll see a really loaded box this year unless your young gunslinger can step up & keep the defenses honest.
Raceland does have nice line play on both sides of the ball & appear to have nice depth in those positions. The beefed up schedule will also benefit come playoff time.
i hope teams put 8 players in the box , Raceland is a spread team with speed on the edges , one broken tackle , one missed assignment and its 6 points with Racelands defense teams won't be able to give up big plays and stay in games
anotherfootballnut Wrote:i hope teams put 8 players in the box , Raceland is a spread team with speed on the edges , one broken tackle , one missed assignment and its 6 points with Racelands defense teams won't be able to give up big plays and stay in games

Spot on. Even though we will run, they will at the very least have someone over top of 3 recievers and a backside LB or S watching for a release from a RB. Plus all of our RBs are good recievers, who ever the hell our QB is, it will be someone able to hit 10-15 yard rts. Thats all it takes. We dont currently have a reciever that is a homerun kid any way. We have good hands and good speed, but no one with the speed to just blow by DBs. Ie: The Hendricks kid from Paintsville last year (had they used that kid right, they could have won the region). We will be fine no matter what, but an effective passing game will make us contenders for a title, IMO.
3 of the current most viewed forums are Fairview, Paintsville, and raceland 2015...least they know who we are boys. 1A football at its best
scrappy coco Wrote:3 of the current most viewed forums are Fairview, Paintsville, and raceland 2015...least they know who we are boys. 1A football at its best

And the gridiron's ppl said. AMEN. We are the best dostrict from top to bottom, BY COMPARISON, of any class, outside of 6A's super district.
If Raceland can run the ball effectively and mix a short passing game in then I like there chances. But I think Raceland needs to be like Hazard in 2011 run first and pass if needed. I know they got the running backs, but do they have atleast 3 receivers that are dangerous for taking it to the house.?
bac2369 Wrote:If Raceland can run the ball effectively and mix a short passing game in then I like there chances. But I think Raceland needs to be like Hazard in 2011 run first and pass if needed. I know they got the running backs, but do they have atleast 3 receivers that are dangerous for taking it to the house.?

One reciever has the speed to go the dostance at any time (Howard), another that will play RB/WR and has the ability to break tackles and go the dostance (Christian), the other two (seeing as Christian will see time at RB as well), Im not sure about. Cherry looks like a good possession reciever. Seems to have good hands and has decent size. Im not sure about the Y position this year and who will be there. Id say Howard will be at X and Cherry at Z. May also see Howard line up in the slot as well. We will certainly be a run first team.
I have seen the new home jerseys for raceland and I must say they look a lot like fairviews addidas jersey with under shirt with it. could you guys not think of something original and not copy Fairview?
  •  Previous
  • 12(current)
  • Next