•  Previous
  • 21(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whitley County 2015
Lilly Wrote:There are alot more than 5/6 and that includes you. I will abide by your request as its not a rule that I can find however. I have seen the rules for mods and posters so I think everyone should abide by them and practice what they preach. So I agree with you Gut for once.

Now is there football practice allowed before school is out? Thats a good football question?

Schools been out since May 15th. Weights went great and QB camp was very productive for ALL QB's.
footballfever Wrote:Schools been out since May 15th. Weights went great and QB camp was very productive for ALL QB's.

exciting news. they should be much improved at all positions.
64SUR Wrote:I didn't hear you say nothing about football pjdoug :rules: violations. Confusednicker:

Colonel Football is on the rise.:football: <----- Does this count?
pjdoug Wrote:Colonel Football is on the rise.:football: <----- Does this count?

Dang my Kindle I-Pad trying to quit before :football: <~~~~ season. Confusederiously:
64SUR Wrote:Dang my Kindle I-Pad trying to quit before :football: <~~~~ season. Confusederiously:

There will be a lot of outages in Jacket land this year 64, glad you will be moving north the redhound club will get you a new I pad.Confusedinglepar
is Whitley County's running back healthy and back to full strength? He is going to be tough to contain.
PJDoug I know you want to make this the longest football thread in history( but it wont be, that will come when the record is less than stellar this coming year, see I mentioned football season and its outcome for 2015) but dang lets let this rest till August.
Go colonels....
Lilly Wrote:PJDoug I know you want to make this the longest football thread in history( but it wont be, that will come when the record is less than stellar this coming year, see I mentioned football season and its outcome for 2015) but dang lets let this rest till August.

your posts are less than stellar .nobody care what you mention.
Demarcus ware Wrote:Go colonels....

right on,brother! :betterthanexpected::High5:
Lilly Wrote:PJDoug I know you want to make this the longest football thread in history( but it wont be, that will come when the record is less than stellar this coming year, see I mentioned football season and its outcome for 2015) but dang lets let this rest till August.

Since someone is forcing you to read this, I would contact local law enforcement and let them know youre being held against your will.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Since someone is forcing you to read this, I would contact local law enforcement and let them know youre being held against your will.

She comments on everything Whitley County because She is worried like you said Confusednicker:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Since someone is forcing you to read this, I would contact local law enforcement and let them know youre being held against your will.
Confusednicker:
Fair enough boys. I take that as a challenge.
any new faces are on the Whitley County coaching staff besides Bowling?
hopefully there's a big turnout for the youth football camp at Whitley County today Smile
:nfl::nfl::nfl:
pjdoug Wrote:She comments on everything Whitley County because She is worried like you said Confusednicker:

Nobody is worried about whitley county. A chess club from a 1a rhode island school could beat them in football. Not even mediocre at best. Peyton Manning, and Adrian Peterson couldn't even elevate them to mediocre.
killbilly usmc Wrote:Nobody is worried about whitley county. A chess club from a 1a rhode island school could beat them in football. Not even mediocre at best. Peyton Manning, and Adrian Peterson couldn't even elevate them to mediocre.

You are mediocre at best :truestory: . sober up Smile
pj I know I have asked this before but after much discussion give us your prediction of Whitleys record for this coming year.
Looking forward to a good season for the Colonels!
Come out and play pj. Whats your prediction?
Lilly Wrote:pj I know I have asked this before but after much discussion give us your prediction of Whitleys record for this coming year.

They now have a pretty solid coaching staff and will show improvement and win at least 6 games this season.
Lilly Wrote:Come out and play pj. Whats your prediction?

To get back on track with all nonsense aside, lets take a real look at the schedule.

Aug 21, 15 Corbin - This game will tell us a lot about the season. Corbin IMO should be the favorite, but this is not a typical game, and Corbin might have replaced what they lost, but they still lost quality football players. I wouldn't be surprised if Whitley pulled off the upset, but I can see this one as a loss.

Aug 28, 15 Middlesboro - I don't see Whitley losing this game.

Sep 11, 15 West Jessamine - WIN

Sep 18, 15 Bell County - Whitley has been a play or two away from beating Bell the last few seasons. Since Swanner bailed on Bell, Whitley has a good shot at this one. Especially if Bell isn't prepared to stop the pass. I think Bell is the slight favorite, but Whitley can win this game.

Sep 25, 15 South Laurel - WIN

Oct 2, 15 North Laurel - First district game. At North. Tough test. May decide the district title early in the year. Whitley better be ready to play. Ill take North as the favorite for now, but Laurel County as a whole usually finds a way to screw things up.

Oct 9, 15 Letcher County Central- Letcher lost a lot more valuable players than Whitley. I wouldn't be surprised if they did the same thing and come out of no where again, and id love to see LCC and Whitley get back to playing for district titles. Ill take Whitley as a slight favorite.

Oct 16, 15 Harlan County - Whitley should be the favorite.

Oct 23, 15 Perry County Central - WIN

Oct 30, 15 Leslie County - Leslie has had a lot of hype for some reason. Even so much many people are putting them in there mythical top 10 rankings. I just don't see it. Home game, last regular season game, ill take Whitley.

So if you want my honest opinion, I think Whitley finishes no worse than 6-4, with a realistic chance of going 8-2 or even 9-1. Just depends on how they play. They've got enough experience and quality players to compete. Its all about coaching this year IMO. They know the offense, they know the defense. If the numbers stay up, I think youll be surprised how well Whitley does. Corbin, Bell, North, and Letcher are the only teams Whitley should be in a ball game with IMO. Anything less than that would be a disappointment considering how far theyve come in the last couple of years.

We shall see. Im going with a double prediction. Either 6-4 with a loss to a team they shouldn't and a win against a team they are the underdog.
OR 8-2 and a win or two in the playoffs...
I was going to go with 6-4 with the possibility of 8-2. Hopefully for Whitley's sake they figured out last year that they have to play all 4 qtrs. Last year they didn't start playing till the second half. Playing like that against the majority of teams this year will get them beat. Excited for that first game of the season against Corbin. Going to be a slobber knocker if WC plays the entire game.
At the very least, it will show Whitley what areas they need to improve. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if they beat Corbin. Just all depends!
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:To get back on track with all nonsense aside, lets take a real look at the schedule.

Aug 21, 15 Corbin - This game will tell us a lot about the season. Corbin IMO should be the favorite, but this is not a typical game, and Corbin might have replaced what they lost, but they still lost quality football players. I wouldn't be surprised if Whitley pulled off the upset, but I can see this one as a loss.

Aug 28, 15 Middlesboro - I don't see Whitley losing this game.

Sep 11, 15 West Jessamine - WIN

Sep 18, 15 Bell County - Whitley has been a play or two away from beating Bell the last few seasons. Since Swanner bailed on Bell, Whitley has a good shot at this one. Especially if Bell isn't prepared to stop the pass. I think Bell is the slight favorite, but Whitley can win this game.

Sep 25, 15 South Laurel - WIN

Oct 2, 15 North Laurel - First district game. At North. Tough test. May decide the district title early in the year. Whitley better be ready to play. Ill take North as the favorite for now, but Laurel County as a whole usually finds a way to screw things up.

Oct 9, 15 Letcher County Central- Letcher lost a lot more valuable players than Whitley. I wouldn't be surprised if they did the same thing and come out of no where again, and id love to see LCC and Whitley get back to playing for district titles. Ill take Whitley as a slight favorite.

Oct 16, 15 Harlan County - Whitley should be the favorite.

Oct 23, 15 Perry County Central - WIN

Oct 30, 15 Leslie County - Leslie has had a lot of hype for some reason. Even so much many people are putting them in there mythical top 10 rankings. I just don't see it. Home game, last regular season game, ill take Whitley.

So if you want my honest opinion, I think Whitley finishes no worse than 6-4, with a realistic chance of going 8-2 or even 9-1. Just depends on how they play. They've got enough experience and quality players to compete. Its all about coaching this year IMO. They know the offense, they know the defense. If the numbers stay up, I think youll be surprised how well Whitley does. Corbin, Bell, North, and Letcher are the only teams Whitley should be in a ball game with IMO. Anything less than that would be a disappointment considering how far theyve come in the last couple of years.

We shall see. Im going with a double prediction. Either 6-4 with a loss to a team they shouldn't and a win against a team they are the underdog.
OR 8-2 and a win or two in the playoffs...

good analysis.with numbers up and the addition of a couple quality coaches we should see much improvement this season.
Demarcus ware Wrote:I was going to go with 6-4 with the possibility of 8-2. Hopefully for Whitley's sake they figured out last year that they have to play all 4 qtrs. Last year they didn't start playing till the second half. Playing like that against the majority of teams this year will get them beat. Excited for that first game of the season against Corbin. Going to be a slobber knocker if WC plays the entire game.

the first game is exciting. I expect an attendance record Smile
Granny Bear Wrote:At the very least, it will show Whitley what areas they need to improve. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if they beat Corbin. Just all depends!

I hope they do. Confusednicker: @ Chelsea
pjdoug Wrote:the first game is exciting. I expect an attendance record Smile
Yeah I would expect a full house for the Corbin game. Been a Long time coming and everyone wants bragging rights. All I can say is Go Colonels. ..if you dont win another game all season, win this one Confusednicker:
  •  Previous
  • 21(current)
  • Next