3 NCC
4 CAL
5 Murray
6 SV
7 Owensboro Cath
8 Prestonsburg
9 Monroe County
10 Somerset

Severeal teams could make this top 10.. Leslie County, Glasgow, Danville.

0-10 Somerse is not a top 10 team anymore.
mysonis55 Wrote:It's kind of hard to buy the whole idea that Mayfield couldn't play within 2 td's of DeSales. Just the weak prior to state, Murray traveled 3 plus hours to play DeSales. It took a bad call by the striped boys to allow DeSales to win by 7. This is the same Mirray team that we beat by 11 points. We did that on their field, short handed and on a bad night for our boys, due to a tragic event earlier that day. The game you witnessed at state was an abnormality. We were playing a very good team that had waited 12 months to get ahold of us. We also had a bunch of overconfident boys in red helmets. That is until they were down by 2 scores. It's gonna be fun this coming season.

This guy might be the only one with football knowledge on here except he doesn't get other teams fans rules that says "If my team barely wins a game it was a bad night, but if your team barely wins a game its because they are overrated, and was lucky yhey weren't playing my team or they would have been run off the field. Get with the program my son Your narrow victory doesn't impress desales fans, but you should think your lucky stars you didn't play them cause there ref helped narrow victory was a fluke, and could beat murray by 80 if they had wanted.
Then why didn't they? They just didn't want to?
mysonis55 Wrote:Then why didn't they? They just didn't want to?

Funny how people want to compare scores aint it, but only when it benefits them, then just omit facts that supports the other team being good. Ive seen numerous belfry, and desales fans post that they weren't impressed with Mayfield at all. Just funny how they never volunteer to bring up a loss or a close win by there team. Guess Mayfield needs to win by 50 to impress them, but we should all drop our jawl in amazement if there team wins by a touchdown or less. NC, and Ky have one thing in common a lot of fans who find every excuse, and reason to claim there team is better, but cant no one get them to see other facts that might make a case for the other team being as good as theres. Doesn't take an outsider long to see everyone searches for a comparison to say there team is better than Mayfield, and for that I hope they dogsnot all thse others fans teams for it.
All this will be put to rest the day after Thanksgiving at War Memorial.
Going to pick a couple of sleepers: Somerset and Leslie Co.
I think Somerset is having some issues getting players. I am wondering if that's gonna be a long term effect.
^ Somerset was a very young team last year and was just a few points away from winning there district. I expect them to be a very good team next year.
Maroon State Champs Wrote:0-10 Somerse is not a top 10 team anymore.

Don't know about top 10. They will be in top 2 or 3 in East. Much improved.:popcorn:
That will be a huge turn around in one year.
Sportsfanatic2015 Wrote:Don't know about top 10. They will be in top 2 or 3 in East. Much improved.:popcorn:

And the East is awful.
Talk like that won't get you any Christmas cards. This is primarily an east site.
mysonis55 Wrote:I think Somerset is having some issues getting players. I am wondering if that's gonna be a long term effect.

Based on what?
Wildcat18 Wrote:Based on what?

I'm interested in reading this reply.
Based upon the guidelines Pulaski Co now has in which a bunch of kids they used to get, they no longer will have access to. That hurts.
mysonis55 Wrote:Based upon the guidelines Pulaski Co now has in which a bunch of kids they used to get, they no longer will have access to. That hurts.

It's not that big of a deal. Folks will find a way to get their kids into whichever school they want them to attend. A lot of smoke, but very little fire.
Wildcat18 Wrote:It's not that big of a deal. Folks will find a way to get their kids into whichever school they want them to attend. A lot of smoke, but very little fire.

This. The effects will be felt more in the classroom than on the field. I would say traditionally over 90% of Somerset players come from the city or Science Hill.
If that's the case then maybe they return to a football team soon. I hate it for the fans there. The last season was the quietest I have seen them since I started visiting this site.
Success comes with excitement, the opposite with a lack there of. Somerset fans have come on gone on this site some only lasting a season or less. I do miss Average Joe and Jumper Dad though. They were always good for an educated discussion. We've still got several quality posters on here though, and hopefully this season will make this site more enjoyable for Somerset fans.
We had a couple years like that in 07 & 08. I was one of the few die hards that made it to all the games.
Mayfield and DeSales showdown is looming in April. It will be fun in 2A this year.
I don't know how much more fun it could be than 1a last year. It was about as balanced a year as I can remember.
E's Army Wrote:Mayfield and DeSales showdown is looming in April. It will be fun in 2A this year.

I hope you are right, but murray seems to have a nack at upsetting teams in the 2nd, and 3rd round ask Caldwell county or Owensboro catholic.
We ain't Caldwell Co or O C.
That is true. Maybe I should give hornbuckle some bad pizza if he is ever at the house again just to make sure.
Friday morning breakfasts would catch you up Killbilly.
bac2369 Wrote:1 Mayfield
2 Desales
3 NCC
4 CAL
5 Murray
6 SV
7 Owensboro Cath
8 Prestonsburg
9 Monroe County
10 Somerset

Severeal teams could make this top 10.. Leslie County, Glasgow, Danville.
P-Burg does not deserve to be in the pre-season top 10. They may develop into a dark-horse later on but their best shot at winning anything more than a region just passed them by.
2a is way too quiet.
mysonis55 Wrote:2a is way too quiet.

Confusedhh: Confusedhh: Confusedhh: mayfield move up to 2A Confusedhh:
bac2369 Wrote:^ Somerset was a very young team last year and was just a few points away from winning there district. I expect them to be a very good team next year.

boy you now how make 0-10 look good