Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence 6 Greenup 5 (8 innings)
A long, but great day at the park Saturday. LC beats Ravenswood (WV) 4-0 behind the pitching of sophomore Bowens and then has one of the greatest high school regular season games you could ever have against Greenup (6-5). The game had everything. It had key hits (both teams had 12 or 13 hits), key strikeouts, horrible calls that had both sets of coaches questioning and arguing from the 4th inning on, and a walkoff hit to win it in extra innings by Coverdale. Glad the boss let me off work and out of the house!:Thumbs:

Boyer started the Greenup game and looked very good, giving way to Cantrell in the 4th. Cantrell really shut down Greenup when he got in there. Nice having him back on the staff after missing last year.

Lawrence had this game won in 7 innings. Greenup had a man on 2nd, 2 outs, and Cantrell threw a high fastball that the Greenup County kid swung....he didn't check swing, he swung. The home plate ump called it a ball, the base ump saw it but I assume said he was out of position because he was behind the mound. But, again, no exaggeration, the kid SWUNG COMPLETELY. Then, of course, the kid gets walked the next pitch and the next guy hits the first pitch to LF for the game tying RBI. LC had then loaded in the bottom of the 7th with only 1 out and couldn't get the winning run across.

In the bottom of the 8th, Lambert leads off with a single, Keesee doubles, an intentional walk to Miller loads them up, and Coverdale ropes a single by the 1B for the walkoff hit.

I believe LC's record is now evened up at 7-7. They have some big games ahead of them next week on the road, and a big home district game against PCC. I will assume Cantrell will pitch that game, from what everyone has told me he has looked dominant on the mound.
Yes they played well yesterday, their 1st game was at noon, then they had to wait for two more games to play again. Greenup County is a very good team they had just beaten Johnson Central 10 to 2 the game before and they were fired up for LC. They score 2 in the 1st and 1 in 3rd. Lc scores 3 in the 3rd to tie. Greenup takes a 4 to 3 lead in the 4th, keesee hits a 2 run double in the 5th lc leads 5 to 4. Greenup ties it in the seventh. Lc wins it in the 8th with a walk off single to right field by coverdale.
Shout out for 105.7 who does awesome on GC coverage and to Coach Logan , his post game and game was professional and he killed a JC team with 2 zillion kids to pick from. Not easy to do.
kdrn Wrote:Shout out for 105.7 who does awesome on GC coverage and to Coach Logan , his post game and game was professional and he killed a JC team with 2 zillion kids to pick from. Not easy to do.

Not sure your motives, but if you look at the enrollment numbers you may be shocked: (numbers are as accurate as this fall from the KY Department of Education website; took me all of 3 minutes to Google and find it)

Greenup County has 850 +/- a few
Johnson Central has 1050 +/- a few
Lawrence County 675 +/- a few

Not sure there is that drastic of a different between Greenup and JC.
Geeez alum nuts ur at it again. Why does someone have to have motives bc they gave a shoutout to coach Logan and stated the truth. Greenup pounded a tough JC club. If they played that game 10 times I seriously doubt there is more than a 3 run differential in any of those games, but in this one GC hung one on JC. You get on here and are always looking for a reason to spout off about something. EXCEPT when your LC faithful gets embarrassed like they did against SC. Then you turn into Copperfield and always disappear!
kdrn Wrote:Shout out for 105.7 who does awesome on GC coverage and to Coach Logan , his post game and game was professional and he killed a JC team with 2 zillion kids to pick from. Not easy to do.
Yeah, I thought that it was pretty neat for them to have radio coverage on an away game.

We have not played well in every game this year by any means, but I think this is the first time that we have totally embarrassed ourselves.

Greg Logan does a great job at GC every year..Definately one of the better coaches and one of the better programs in Kentucky..You certainly cant slight GC on their victory. All you can do is tip your hats and say congratulations on a great effort by Greenup Co....They take their baseball serious at Greenup Co...I love that, and wish them well this year.
Completely Neutral Wrote:Geeez alum nuts ur at it again. Why does someone have to have motives bc they gave a shoutout to coach Logan and stated the truth. Greenup pounded a tough JC club. If they played that game 10 times I seriously doubt there is more than a 3 run differential in any of those games, but in this one GC hung one on JC. You get on here and are always looking for a reason to spout off about something. EXCEPT when your LC faithful gets embarrassed like they did against SC. Then you turn into Copperfield and always disappear!

Go back, read the original post. I took it as if the poster was claiming that JC was THAT much BIGGER of a school than Greenup County. They aren't. It wasn't a true "David vs. Goliath".

If you claim I only get on here to spout off. Well, you only get on here to spout off at me. :hilarious:

And I didn't disappear after SCHS game. It's called a JOB. Try getting one. :biglmao: