Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
56th district 2015 2016
One more game and this season is over. Let's talk about next season. How does the the 56th shape up.
It's gonna be extremely weak next season. Estill loses 4 out of their starting lineup and 5 altogether. Powell County loses 4, not sure who all started tho. Lee loses two. Owsley County loses 6.

Powell County is the favorite IMHO. They will host the district tournament and they return Williams, Hernandez, Carter, Napier, Watson among others. I bet at least 4 of those will be starting next season for the Pirates.
Powell only lost 3. 2 of them were starters. Hernandez,Brooks, Williams, carter, Napier, or possibly Watson will hold up the Pirates as starters next year. I believe they can pull it of but Estill is going to give them a run for their money I do believe. Best of luck to all four teams!!!
Any one from the 14th playing aau this summer? If you know please post game times so we can follow our 14th kids.
Can't wait for basketball season I love 56 district basketball games are always close the kids play hard great coaching just fun to watch. Any good stories from summer ball or anything going on.
Coach Whitaker is doing a good thing by loading up his schedule with tough opponents; Scott County, Corbin, South Laurel, Jackson County, they will be hard to beat come tourney time.
I have powell as a heavy favorite to win the 56th district this coming year, they have a lot of returning talent in their line up and a deep bench it will be a good team to watch.
I don't think you could put anyone as a heavy favorite right now I would say Powell is a slight favorite. Not sure about lee or Owsley but I think Estill will be right there at the top by tournment time. Estill is very young but they play hard and well coached . Can't wait for the season starts.
Any updates on how things are going in the 56th want be long for the season will tip.