Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Elliott County 43 Rowan County 37
Final from 16th region semi's from MSU. Rowan had Elliott down by double digits and tried to take the air out of the ball in the 3rd quarter. Callahan had 21 to lead Rowan. Not sure the stats for Elliott co.
First, I have to say, "Hats off to Elliott" for pulling out this win! They are very talented young men.

Second, and I absolutely mean NO disrespect to ANY of these players or their coaches, but I do have to say that Rowan did not play their best game. Coupled with the horrible officiating in this game, that completely seemed one sided.... One official did not seem to make any calls against Elliott all night... this may have been a different game. We will never know....

Lastly, I just wish adults would realize, this is a game, it may not be as important to you at this time in your life ,but for these athletes, especially these seniors , it is a very important part of their lives. We as adults should be careful and kind in the words we use when expressing our feelings toward them immediately following the game.
blue rainbow Wrote:First, I have to say, "Hats off to Elliott" for pulling out this win! They are very talented young men.

Second, and I absolutely mean NO disrespect to ANY of these players or their coaches, but I do have to say that Rowan did not play their best game. Coupled with the horrible officiating in this game, that completely seemed one sided.... One official did not seem to make any calls against Elliott all night... this may have been a different game. We will never know....

Lastly, I just wish adults would realize, this is a game, it may not be as important to you at this time in your life ,but for these athletes, especially these seniors , it is a very important part of their lives. We as adults should be careful and kind in the words we use when expressing our feelings toward them immediately following the game.

Elliott had one player to foul out and another one had 4 fouls. They was 35 total fouls called. 15 on Elliott and 20 on Rowan 4 of those 20 was on Callahan. Elliott took it to them more in the paint where Rowan settled for the 3 more I thought. Just my thoughts.
Hats off to Elliott County for their HUGE win and comeback against a very talented Rowan County! I am excited about the Elliott County/Morgan County rematch for the 5th time! who do you got in this game? and how much difference? I think Morgan will take the game and earn a trip for the 2nd time in school history to Rupp Arena! Morgan by 10.