Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knott Central 60 Buckhorn 42
Final
Hall-19
Justice-17
Combs-10

Crank led buckhorn with 18
Buckhorn had no more than 2, 2pt FG that I noticed. Like 10+ 3s.
Yeah 2 I think is all they had. One of those was late in the game
It was late in the 3rd quarter before their first 2 pt fg.
Congrats to Buckhorn and coach Noble on a good season.
Just tough for everyone in the region with KCC stating the 14th trophy down.
Parents arguing with opposing players and low blows. Smh
Patriots played well.Cooper and Crank are good players for Buckhorn but Knott is too much this year in the 14th.
Stayed and watched this one.Hoskins had a hard time getting going for the Horn.Noble did a fine job with this team this year.Question is where does Noble go after this.Buckhorn loses several key seniors.
OLD MAN LOGAN Wrote:Stayed and watched this one.Hoskins had a hard time getting going for the Horn.Noble did a fine job with this team this year.Question is where does Noble go after this.Buckhorn loses several key seniors.

Noble has been there 20+ years, he isn't going anywhere
Strikeout King Wrote:Noble has been there 20+ years, he isn't going anywhere

He's been there a while...
but he ain't been there for 20+ years lol
Downtown10 Wrote:Parents arguing with opposing players and low blows. Smh

I've never heard a KCC parent say an ill-word at a basketball game.
Much too refined to partake in such shenanigans.
Noble could shock the world and leave any time. You gotta remember, he don't live over at the Horn. Lives 45 minutes away. Money talks. Hes the hardest workin coach in the mountains.
Just to clarify ... that wasn't a knock on the Knott folks.

I'm just saying that parents at ballgames typically are bigger problems than kids or players.
I don't believe he will go anywhere either but Buckhorn will be down greatly next year.
Buckhorn will be down? Conner Hoskins, Josh Crank, Blank, and the Stidham boys are back. What about Boggs? The Horn will have a winning season next year. Plus if they get Travis Dunn and Hill, they will be even better. (Not sure that's where them two will end up.)
Congrats to Buckhorn on a good season...Just had to play the best team in the mountains...JMO
zaga_fan Wrote:He's been there a while...
but he ain't been there for 20+ years lol

Someone had made mention awhile back that he had been there around 20 years.

He still isn't going anywhere though
OLD MAN LOGAN Wrote:I don't believe he will go anywhere either but Buckhorn will be down greatly next year.

How do you get that? They'll be a top 5 team again next season with the returns of; Crank, Hoskins, Blank, Boggs and both Stidhams among several others. They won't be down...
I think Buckhorn will be right in the thick of things again next year.
zaga_fan Wrote:I think Buckhorn will be right in the thick of things again next year.

I'll be surprised if they aren't. Could be an all 54th region championship with Buckhorn and Perry.

I think Perry wins it all next season
Thought Crank and Hoskins were seniors so I'll recant my statement.They should have a winning season but Perry should win the 14th next year barring any unforeseen events.
Strikeout King Wrote:I'll be surprised if they aren't. Could be an all 54th region championship with Buckhorn and Perry.

I think Perry wins it all next season

Maybe... but one of them could also exit in the first round of District because of the draw.

You never can tell in the 54th!
zaga_fan Wrote:I've never heard a KCC parent say an ill-word at a basketball game.
Much too refined to partake in such shenanigans.

I know you got ties to Buckhorn so I can totally understand you defending their actions. Nothing wrong with calling a kid "reject" and having and argument with him during the game. If parents want to argue with each other fine, but dont drag the kids into it. Is this not the second time Buckhorn was handing out low blows? I guess anything to try and keep it respectable. Right? Maybe my expectations are a little high for that part of the country...
Return leading scorer and rebounder with Hoskins at 20 and 10 a game also their 2nd leading scorer with crank at about 12 and 2nd leading rebounder in boggs. They will miss Cooper's defense and Estep's size but they will be very competitive. Hoskins and Crank will be hard to stop offensively next year. This year Knott was a great team the best team in the mnts hands down IMO.
Downtown10 Wrote:I know you got ties to Buckhorn so I can totally understand you defending their actions. Nothing wrong with calling a kid "reject" and having and argument with him during the game. If parents want to argue with each other fine, but dont drag the kids into it. Is this not the second time Buckhorn was handing out low blows? I guess anything to try and keep it respectable. Right? Maybe my expectations are a little high for that part of the country...

#1) I ain't got no ties to Buckhorn.

#2) I never defended the low blows. I didn't acknowledge them because I didn't see them.

#3) If only "reject" was as offensive as what 80% of the players and coaches say on the sidelines.

I'm just ribbing you, but if you think there isn't some parent from ANY fan base around here that isn't above making a fool of themself you're crazy, bub.

Also... I'll respond to your "that part of the country" comment after you get down off your pedestal.
I really do love you guys lol

If I didn't have you folks to argue with I would probably have to pick up another hobby to keep me in check.

Maybe I could become a philanthropist and help the poor Buckhorn folk.
If you want to talk about adults taking shots at kids and arguing with players you need to take a look at Knott's assistant coach cussing at buckhorn's players and trashing talking the whole game.
Strikeout King Wrote:Someone had made mention awhile back that he had been there around 20 years.

He still isn't going anywhere though

Noble ' first season at Buckhorn was 2003 I believe. As much as I'd like to see him stay forever he should be sought after. He does a great job at the Horn.
zaga_fan Wrote:#1) I ain't got no ties to Buckhorn.

#2) I never defended the low blows. I didn't acknowledge them because I didn't see them.

#3) If only "reject" was as offensive as what 80% of the players and coaches say on the sidelines.

I'm just ribbing you, but if you think there isn't some parent from ANY fan base around here that isn't above making a fool of themself you're crazy, bub.

Also... I'll respond to your "that part of the country" comment after you get down off your pedestal.

1. Thought I have seen you acknowledge that you have family that works at the school. No?

2. Very true.

3. Trust me, I've been there and done that. Heck, there is worse said between fans and players that is never heard. That still doesnt make it right.

No pedestal here pal. You would have got the same line if it was any other school.
ukcat fan Wrote:If you want to talk about adults taking shots at kids and arguing with players you need to take a look at Knott's assistant coach cussing at buckhorn's players and trashing talking the whole game.

Very well may have happened. I never heard it. It doesnt matter who does it, It aint right.