Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mercer Co 69 Southwestern 65
Final from 1st rd of 12th region at Lincoln Co. Two straight years Wright and the Warriors headed home after round one. Anyone with details on this one?
No Roscoe to save Stevie.
Our team never liked each other and didn't like Wright. Time to look for a new coach. Can't win the big games vs Woods in district so we are at a disadvantage from the start. Even with all the players he brings in still can't win. It brings bad team chemistry and produces what? Losses.
Lilly Wrote:Our team never liked each other and didn't like Wright. Time to look for a new coach. Can't win the big games vs Woods in district so we are at a disadvantage from the start. Even with all the players he brings in still can't win. It brings bad team chemistry and produces what? Losses.

Wow…..Honeymoon over quick. The final four run from couple years ago is a far distant memory.
What players are playing that he has brought in. Everyone I see come through are middle school program except one. And he had a valid reason for being at Pulaski and a valid reason for leaving Pulaski. We need a new coach, that's a stupid, stupid statement.
Warrior 2002 Wrote:What players are playing that he has brought in. Everyone I see come through are middle school program except one. And he had a valid reason for being at Pulaski and a valid reason for leaving Pulaski. We need a new coach, that's a stupid, stupid statement.

Both kids that came over from our school, should have ineligible. Neither one moved.
Warrior 2002 Wrote:What players are playing that he has brought in. Everyone I see come through are middle school program except one. And he had a valid reason for being at Pulaski and a valid reason for leaving Pulaski. We need a new coach, that's a stupid, stupid statement.

Warriors 2002 everything lilly posts is a stupid statement.
I am not much on Lilly post but yours on the nationals for Christian player may be worse.
Lilly Wrote:Our team never liked each other and didn't like Wright. Time to look for a new coach. Can't win the big games vs Woods in district so we are at a disadvantage from the start. Even with all the players he brings in still can't win. It brings bad team chemistry and produces what? Losses.

Let's see, 4 years, 1 regional championship, 1 state final four, 2 region championship game appearances, yeah Lily let's clean house. Why were at it let's get rid of Coach French also.
Awesome to see SW go down, they upset Knott a few weeks ago and acted like they won state title...once in a lifetime shooting performance, looks like they couldn't do it this game...
PRIDE101 Wrote:I am not much on Lilly post but yours on the nationals for Christian player may be worse.

is it true though? is the naca or whatever it is called not the high school equivalent of upwards?
DirtyWhiteBoy Wrote:Awesome to see SW go down, they upset Knott a few weeks ago and acted like they won state title...once in a lifetime shooting performance, looks like they couldn't do it this game...

but we did beat your weak partiots right. if we played in your weak butt region and district we make it far too. :Clap:
Why did Kromer not play more ? I think he only had 1 fg attempt. Also Gover needs several more shots. Any word on who the big man will be next year?
I dont know what happened with cromer the last 7 games. You would think I would since he is my son but all he would say is it aint fun anymore. I thought he had a pretty solid year up to that point. Maybe they can use this break and get the hunger back. Great group of kids.
I know cromer has a hard time playing 2 or 3 min and then taken out then back in for a few min and back out. I never had to deal with that till I got to college my first year. It is a big adjustment mentally. I dont think he ever got use to it or liked it.
wiznut Wrote:but we did beat your weak partiots right. if we played in your weak butt region and district we make it far too. :Clap:

Ah, I'll guess SW will watch us play in the sweet 16 from home...beat us by 3 on final shot, not too impressive in my book..good luck next year
Not sure about any new players/big man transferring in, but this game may have been a preview of the top 2 teams in the 12th region next year (though Wayne may still have something to say about that). Southwest had a great year. They were a little inconsistent at times but relied heavily on a lot of young players. They are so deep and so many players can hurt you on any given night.

As to what happened in this game, Mercer has a good team. They too were inconsistent this year for much the same reason. They had a lot of (mostly) inexperienced talent and are long and athletic. It was a high level game with strong defense played by both teams. In the end, Southwest didn't have an answer for Will Hager's size and ability to get into the lane, which dictated the outcome. They boxed and face guarded him which helped some. Also, Malik Dow, though he only scored 10 points, was a presence in the lane and had 10 boards.

I look forward to watching these two teams go at it next year. And Cromer will bounce back and be just fine.
Leonards_loser Wrote:Final from 1st rd of 12th region at Lincoln Co. Two straight years Wright and the Warriors headed home after round one. Anyone with details on this one?
SW made the finals of region before getting beat by wayne co by 4 last year. The year before I believe they was bounced after first round by mercer.