•  Previous
  • 8(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whitley County 2015
Lilly Wrote:pjdoug you never responded to what makes you think Whitley will be better this year than last. Thats a good question for the Whitley faithful. Maybe I can be persuaded.

I didn't predict them to win the superbowl.. the kids are working extremely hard to become bigg,stronger and faster.that is why they will be improved in the upcoming season.
BDC Wrote:I thought Whitley was pretty good offensively this past season. I expect that growht to continue. The defense was not as productive, and this is the area they will have to grow this upcoming season. I disagree with football fever about 1 game though.

I see it
Favored wins-3
Toss ups-5

My prediction-6-4 with a home playoff game
Very easily could get to 7 or 8 wins depending how the D develops this season.

I agree that D is the key.
pjdoug Wrote:I didn't predict them to win the superbowl.. the kids are working extremely hard to become bigg,stronger and faster.that is why they will be improved in the upcoming season.

A mule works hard in the field but not one mule has ever won a Kentucky Derby. Now tell my why they will be better? Are the coaches working hard with the kids at the skill positions? Are they developing a line that can make way for the run and I mean a real run? Are the kids buying in?
What is a real run?
Whitley will be good offensively. They return QB who threw for over 1900 yards and rushed for over 600. Return 4 of top 6 receivers, 4 of top 5 rushers. 3 OL and a 4th who was a starter but missed all but 3 games. Whitley had over 4000 yards offense right at 2000 rush and pass. Averaged 29 points a game.
Defense will be the improving point. D line will be very good and DB's will be very good. ?? Is ILB and OLB. There will be some personal movement to get more speed off the edge and more size on the inside. Whitley has 61 in the weight room right now!!!
footballfever Wrote:Whitley will be good offensively. They return QB who threw for over 1900 yards and rushed for over 600. Return 4 of top 6 receivers, 4 of top 5 rushers. 3 OL and a 4th who was a starter but missed all but 3 games. Whitley had over 4000 yards offense right at 2000 rush and pass. Averaged 29 points a game.
Defense will be the improving point. D line will be very good and DB's will be very good. ?? Is ILB and OLB. There will be some personal movement to get more speed off the edge and more size on the inside. Whitley has 61 in the weight room right now!!!

Lilly doesn't like facts.
He really wont like the fact that those 61 will become much more with frosh and multi sport players not lifting.
Gut I love facts and at least Fever gave some unlike anyone else I have asked, other than a one liner, or just commenting saying: Lily dont like this or that or a little smiley, or just plain jibberish. I would love more than anything for Whitley to win this year so you guys could have something to talk about other than what if? I mean that too.
Word in the barber shop is that at least three pretty good athletes who are currently playing other sports or who played other sports in the past are going to come back out for football. These are kids who can make an impact too. Whitley will be faster and and more athletic just from being in the weight room, also look for some of the kids to be working out all spring with the track team working on speed and agility drills....Oh yeah things are coming together nicely. Just got to keep improving and keep the doubters at an arms length.
Thanks pepsi man. See these are things that can turn the tide for the boys in the burg. I am liking what I am hearing. I may have to revise my prediction.
If the numbers keep trending up like they are and hold steady, I think you wont see Corbin dressing many more players than Whitley next years.
[Image: http://http://www.horrorphile.net/images...rnton1.jpg]
Lilly Wrote:Gut I love facts and at least Fever gave some unlike anyone else I have asked, other than a one liner, or just commenting saying: Lily dont like this or that or a little smiley, or just plain jibberish. I would love more than anything for Whitley to win this year so you guys could have something to talk about other than what if? I mean that too.
[URL="http://http://www.troll.me/2012/05/04/willy-wonka-gene-wilder/so-you-like-to-talk-stfu/"]
[/URL]
pjdoug you may be the craziest most uninformed poster on this board. You are still looking at 1-5.
Are Whitley fans excited that Harlan fired Larkey and replaced him with one of his assistants?
Iam4thecats Wrote:Are Whitley fans excited that Harlan fired Larkey and replaced him with one of his assistants?

No, we were on a winning streak with Larkey.
Lilly Wrote:pjdoug you may be the craziest most uninformed poster on this board. You are still looking at 1-5.
come up with some new material :please:
pjdoug I cannot believe you of all people would ever say that.
Whitley has a bunch of kids coming back who have contributed. They also have that one kid who the others believe can lead them to victory. The kids seem to think Woods can do whatever is needed. They had several big comebacks last year where they refused to quit. A team believing it can win makes a huge difference. I expect the Colonels to step their play up this year.
Believing is a big part of the game. I truly hope the kids have a good year. I want to hear pjdoug tell me how good they are.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:No, we were on a winning streak with Larkey.
Confusednicker: This guy has went to every thread asking this stupid question.
Evidently one game is considered a "streak" in Whitley County.
Granny Bear Wrote:Evidently one game is considered a "streak" in Whitley County.

Its the same as a losing "streak" like the one HC is on.:biglmao:
Whitley Co is not very good and couldn't play slip up in a wet pile lol. Bottom feeders and like most don't have the "guts to play". Just trying to be honest and not offend
Tigercreek Wrote:Whitley Co is not very good and couldn't play slip up in a wet pile lol. Bottom feeders and like most don't have the "guts to play". Just trying to be honest and not offend
Confusednicker:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Its the same as a losing "streak" like the one HC is on.:biglmao:

HC may have had a losing season, but certainly not a losing streak against Whitley
Demarcus ware Wrote:Confusednicker: This guy has went to every thread asking this stupid question.

seriously serious?
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Its the same as a losing "streak" like the one HC is on.:biglmao:

Confusednicker:
Harlan County will destroy Whitley. Period. 1-5.
Lilly Wrote:Harlan County will destroy Whitley. Period. 1-5.

Tigercreek Wrote:Whitley Co is not very good and couldn't play slip up in a wet pile lol. Bottom feeders and like most don't have the "guts to play". Just trying to be honest and not offend
  •  Previous
  • 8(current)
  • Next