Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Danville 68 Williamsburg 65
Final from Frankfort.
So very proud of our boys! They played hard tonight. Our shots weren't falling at first and Danville shot the lights out all night. A loss has got to come at some point better now then later.
This was a barn burner game tonight. Congratulations Danville on the win. :Sad04:
thanks to A bunch of hard nose Yellow Jackets, Now we can start A new run.
Congratulations to Danville on their hard earned victory.

Also great job to the Jackets of Williamsburg, who was the last team in the state of Kentucky to go undefeated.

It ain't over boys!!! You did a wonderful job!!!
Jacket4Life Wrote:So very proud of our boys! They played hard tonight. Our shots weren't falling at first and Danville shot the lights out all night. A loss has got to come at some point better now then later.
neither team shot lights out. danville 9-25 from 3 36% williamsburg 5-14 36%
If Williamsburg had played any competition this year they would not have been undefeated going into this game. I am not knocking the kids but the coach needs to play some good teams to get them ready for tourney time. I think they have the talent but lots of wins against weak teams does not prepare you well when the time comes.
Just like I figured .....goog game though
Danville is not top competition either. They are 7-8th best in the 12th region
ky playmaker Wrote:neither team shot lights out. danville 9-25 from 3 36% williamsburg 5-14 36%

I was at the game. Danville missed very few shots. Your stats are from 3 point range. Do you have both teams whole game percentages? We couldn't get shots to fall in the beginning and shot much better in the second half. We should have also driven to the basket more than we did. Hindsight is 20/20 so that does us no good for this game but will in the future. There was also a non 5 second call with just seconds left in the game that could have changed the outcome but that is the way it goes. You can't win them all and we knew that but being the only undefeated team in the state for a while was a great ride. We will continue to play with grit and heart and focus on district play. We have heard about scheduling till I'm sick of hearing it. It was the same thing in football and we did pretty good there. I know basketball is different and anyone can beat anyone else on any given night. The fans and players don't have control over that so we just play the schedule we have. I'm sure our schedule was made in part with hoping that 85% or more would still be playing on the football field. I have never made a schedule before but that probably leaves a few dates out when you have to get certain games in.
Jacket4Life Wrote:I was at the game. Danville missed very few shots. Your stats are from 3 point range. Do you have both teams whole game percentages? We couldn't get shots to fall in the beginning and shot much better in the second half. We should have also driven to the basket more than we did. Hindsight is 20/20 so that does us no good for this game but will in the future. There was also a non 5 second call with just seconds left in the game that could have changed the outcome but that is the way it goes. You can't win them all and we knew that but being the only undefeated team in the state for a while was a great ride. We will continue to play with grit and heart and focus on district play. We have heard about scheduling till I'm sick of hearing it. It was the same thing in football and we did pretty good there. I know basketball is different and anyone can beat anyone else on any given night. The fans and players don't have control over that so we just play the schedule we have. I'm sure our schedule was made in part with hoping that 85% or more would still be playing on the football field. I have never made a schedule before but that probably leaves a few dates out when you have to get certain games in.
yes I have those too. danville was 24-45fg for 53% 9-25 3fg 36% 11-11 from the line woolridege had 22 and johnson had 15 to led danville. williamsburg was 22-51 43% 5-14 3fg 36% 16-21 from the line shelton had 25 and A. griffen 15 to lead williamsburg. neither team shot lights out but danville did shoot a little better
Congrats to Danville they did what they needed to do to get the win, I don't think they missed a free throw...Regardless Williamsburg is having a great year and can still finish with a district championship and trip to the region, hopefully lessons were learned....Its funny that I haven't read a post on here where anyone from Williamsburg blamed the loss on a official, but there sure is one team in the 13th that always cry foul after a loss...
Actually 53% is shooting the lights out. 15-20 from two point range is definitely shooting the lights out. 9-25 from three is not bad either.
Hated to see Williamsburg bounced in the first round! Keep ya heads up!!!
53% is not shooting the lights out. geez
The Golden State Warriors (Professional Basketball team), is one of the best shooting teams in the NBA (they are pros), shoots 48% from the field. I would say 53% is really, really good.
53% is good
I agree 53% is good not lights out. And comparing NBA to high school is apples and oranges. Wburg averages 52.9% fg for the year so no 53 % is not lights out. And the football comparison on the scheduling has no comparison either. In football you only have to beat other 1A schools where as in basketball to win the region you must best all the big schools. And your coach refuse to play anyone outside your district unless it's a cupcake and it's the reason you will exit the region just like you exited the All A
OldJacket Wrote:Congrats to Danville they did what they needed to do to get the win, I don't think they missed a free throw...Regardless Williamsburg is having a great year and can still finish with a district championship and trip to the region, hopefully lessons were learned....Its funny that I haven't read a post on here where anyone from Williamsburg blamed the loss on a official, but there sure is one team in the 13th that always cry foul after a loss...
You are right. In both local papers this week, Williamsburg's coach for the girls blamed the referees for the 29 point loss they had to Whitley County. Good job catching that and calling them on it.
Shooting the basketball is shooting the basketball. It doesn't matter what level. the basket is the same size and 10 ft anywhere you play. Where did you get the stat for Williamsburg's FG%?
I'm getting older and my memory isn't what it used to be, but I cannot recall ONE game where CC was beaten fair and square. :drooling:
TheProfessor33 Wrote:Shooting the basketball is shooting the basketball. It doesn't matter what level. the basket is the same size and 10 ft anywhere you play. Where did you get the stat for Williamsburg's FG%?
from the live feed from the game. I wasnt trying to start a war.lol just didnt think 53 was lights out. it is good. I was hoping williamsburg would win. It was back and forth the whole way.
Shooting the basketball is not shooting a basketball either. I will shoot much higher playing a 6 year old than I will against Golden state.lol
TheProfessor33 Wrote:Shooting the basketball is shooting the basketball. It doesn't matter what level. the basket is the same size and 10 ft anywhere you play. Where did you get the stat for Williamsburg's FG%?

Khsaa they shoot 52.9 fg% for the year. And yes at that it is different just like it is different in college.
I didn't know there were 6 year olds playing high school basketball
alright dang I didnt know golden state played high school basketball
A whole lot easier to score on a 5'9" white boy than a 6"10 stud who has a 40" vertical leap and a wingspan of 7'2". COME ON MAN!
I agree, its harder to score on a 6'10" stud if you're 5'9. What if the shooter is also 6'10". The point is pros are playing pros, hs kids are playing hs kids. With your reasoning, a high school team should, in theory, have a higher FG% than a pro team. COME ON MAN!!! Its all relative.
Yes they should. Stars in the NBA only shoot in the mid to high 40 ' s as a %. In high school you will see mid 50 ' s to 60's for the better players. And the bigs in high school will shoot close to 70 if they can play. You should know your facts and stats before beginning a debate.
And by the way the alot of the better high school teams do have a better fg% than NBA teams.