•  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whitley County 2015
Lily you may be right, but can you defend that prediction? Tell us all why....... you seem to have intimate knowledge of the WC and CHS programs, or is it your total dislike of WC.....Just asking.

I'll say this:

It will be a good game, it is at Whitley and they return the core of a team that was getting better as the season progressed. They have their QB back and he is a heck of a leader too. Whitley played a lot of kids and gained a lot of experience. You know nothing of the Xs ad Os of either team I am willing to bet. (not really a bet don't want to get into that) Whitley graduated some good players, Corbin graduated way more, and thus have more to replace. It is going to be a great game and great atmosphere.

:devilflam
It appears you are just picking Corbin to inflame. Now that is your right and that is fine but at the very least try and defend why you think that. :flush:
I think Whitley is two years away from being where everyone wants them to be. I think at this point Corbin is too strong up front and in the skill position. I think Whitley will have alot of trouble with Corbins run game. Thats why I think they will be 0-1. I do think Whitley is on the right track, but just not quite there yet. But I do like to feed the trolls, just like they call me a troll.
Lilly Wrote:Im fine with being disagreed with . I like the banter like I was saying before. All I was saying don't leave one post up, albeit in a quote and take mine down. With that being said I am good. I will do my best to not complain and wont complain unless I feel its unfair. Being fair is all I ask. I have never complained about someone not agreeing with me nor about what they said as long as I was afforded to same. Just dont delete my posts and leave theirs up that was as bad as mine.

You are obsessed with the Colonels and they're already in your head which means you lose :biggrin:
pjdoug look above and do you disagree with me about the first game? Lets hear your great one line assessment of this Corbin game. Forget about me being obsessed with Whitley County.
I think Whitley Co can be competitive with Corbin in the first game, Corbin will be breaking in a lot of new kids and a QB...The Colonels could catch the Hounds at the right time, Corbin will get better as the season progresses..
OldJacket Wrote:I think Whitley Co can be competitive with Corbin in the first game, Corbin will be breaking in a lot of new kids and a QB...The Colonels could catch the Hounds at the right time, Corbin will get better as the season progresses..

maybe the Williamsburg killer bees should schedule the puppies and colonels this year and see if they can compete. Looks like 2 are in and 1 is afraid to get in.
We will see about competitive with the HOUNDS!
1/4bak Wrote:maybe the Williamsburg killer bees should schedule the puppies and colonels this year and see if they can compete. Looks like 2 are in and 1 is afraid to get in.

My killer bees are coming off back to back state championship appearances, they are doing just fine how's your team been...Since this is a Whitley thread why don't you come over to the killer bee thread and talk about it...
Luke Woods will be one of the best dual threat QBs in the mountains next year...Last year he rushed 145 times for 687 yards and 5 TDs, was 120 of 198 passing for 1937 yards and 13 TDs for the Colonels...Luke is a leader on the field and off, he has a 4.0 grade point average...
Question is who else will step up next year and help lead the Colonels...
Lilly Wrote:pjdoug look above and do you disagree with me about the first game? Lets hear your great one line assessment of this Corbin game. Forget about me being obsessed with Whitley County.

I dont disagree.
OldJacket Wrote:Luke Woods will be one of the best dual threat QBs in the mountains next year...Last year he rushed 145 times for 687 yards and 5 TDs, was 120 of 198 passing for 1937 yards and 13 TDs for the Colonels...Luke is a leader on the field and off, he has a 4.0 grade point average...
Question is who else will step up next year and help lead the Colonels...

hopefully they will sign some free agents and some basketball players.
The Corbin game should be a good one.... Corbin will be breaking in a QB and Receivers. I think their line, running backs, and D will be as good or better than last year... I honestly think Whitley starts the year 0-1... Corbin jus too strong....good luck the rest of the year tho
bcpc Wrote:The Corbin game should be a good one.... Corbin will be breaking in a QB and Receivers. I think their line, running backs, and D will be as good or better than last year... I honestly think Whitley starts the year 0-1... Corbin jus too strong....good luck the rest of the year tho

I hate to see my Colonels lose to the Hounds but Corbin has better numbers and strength at this point,but anything could happen Smile
Corbin lost most of their D, except some linemen and their gonna be better???? I don't know about that one. But we will see finally!!
Corbin lost 3 LB and 3 DB. Will be more athletic in the DB's in 2015. Anderson at LB will be Hardest Replace. JV and Freshmen Undefeated in 2014! A lot of good looking athletic kids coming up in those spots!
Dietpepsidrinker Wrote:Lily you may be right, but can you defend that prediction? Tell us all why....... you seem to have intimate knowledge of the WC and CHS programs, or is it your total dislike of WC.....Just asking.

I'll say this:

It will be a good game, it is at Whitley and they return the core of a team that was getting better as the season progressed. They have their QB back and he is a heck of a leader too. Whitley played a lot of kids and gained a lot of experience. You know nothing of the Xs ad Os of either team I am willing to bet. (not really a bet don't want to get into that) Whitley graduated some good players, Corbin graduated way more, and thus have more to replace. It is going to be a great game and great atmosphere.

:devilflam
It appears you are just picking Corbin to inflame. Now that is your right and that is fine but at the very least try and defend why you think that. :flush:

You're right, they are just trying to stir it up, and it should be a very competitive game with a great atmosphere. Woods and the Whitley offense will give Corbin's pass defense fits and the Colonels will have to figure out a way to stop the Corbin offense, so I expect a high scoring game.

Whitley appears to be back on the road to where they were a few years ago, just need to continue to get more kids out to become a regional power.

This s=
BluegrassCat Wrote:Corbin lost most of their D, except some linemen and their gonna be better???? I don't know about that one. But we will see finally!!

Whitley County lost a lot and doesn't yet have the numbers that Corbin has.
SEKYFAN Wrote:You're right, they are just trying to stir it up, and it should be a very competitive game with a great atmosphere. Woods and the Whitley offense will give Corbin's pass defense fits and the Colonels will have to figure out a way to stop the Corbin offense, so I expect a high scoring game.

Whitley appears to be back on the road to where they were a few years ago, just need to continue to get more kids out to become a regional power.

This s=

good assesment.
Who will Luke throw it to? Whitley lost a couple of good receivers. This game could be a test of whether Corbin can get their Dbacks ready or Whitley can get their new receivers ready for the opening week.
Defense is the main concern for the Colonels.
E's Army Wrote:Who will Luke throw it to? Whitley lost a couple of good receivers. This game could be a test of whether Corbin can get their Dbacks ready or Whitley can get their new receivers ready for the opening week.

If Whitleys receivers aren't ready it will be there own fault.

I guarantee you they'll go to more 7on7's then anyone else around here. Catching the ball and taking a hit are two different things.
The weight room is Whitleys biggest concern.
ok guys lets look at Whitley's 4 wins last year
Clay County 1-9 only victory PCC that was 1-10 only win against Breathitt
Morgan County 2-9 beat Jackson County and Knot County
Perry Central 1-10 beat Breathitt
Harlan County 2-9 that beat Clay and Perry

Corbin had 83 players lost 18 no 2 way starters
Whitley had 56 players lost 11 several 2 way starters

other than playing a good game against Knox Central they really were pretty weak, Woods rushing yardage was a result of running for his life not designed plays. Taking nothing away from Woods he is a great kid and athlete and should have a great year. Corbin will dominate this game up front on defense, and on offense they will line up and run it down Whitley's throat.
Other than this game I will be pulling for Whitley all season, I like Luke and coach Chappell both are class acts.
^ I agree.... The hardest spots to fill will be at LB for the Hounds... OLine and DLine will dominate this game... I am also pullin for Whitley in all the games except this one, but i am certain they can't match up with the Hounds... #platoon #tanks #HaddixHounds
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:If Whitleys receivers aren't ready it will be there own fault.

I guarantee you they'll go to more 7on7's then anyone else around here. Catching the ball and taking a hit are two different things.
The weight room is Whitleys biggest concern.

I agree and I know they are working hard at getting stronger.
1/4bak Wrote:ok guys lets look at Whitley's 4 wins last year
Clay County 1-9 only victory PCC that was 1-10 only win against Breathitt
Morgan County 2-9 beat Jackson County and Knot County
Perry Central 1-10 beat Breathitt
Harlan County 2-9 that beat Clay and Perry

Corbin had 83 players lost 18 no 2 way starters
Whitley had 56 players lost 11 several 2 way starters

other than playing a good game against Knox Central they really were pretty weak, Woods rushing yardage was a result of running for his life not designed plays. Taking nothing away from Woods he is a great kid and athlete and should have a great year. Corbin will dominate this game up front on defense, and on offense they will line up and run it down Whitley's throat.
Other than this game I will be pulling for Whitley all season, I like Luke and coach Chappell both are class acts.

Whitley was learning a new offense last year and Woods was not running for his life.He was putting pressure on defenses and a lot of his runs were by design. They wouldn't have had much offense without him.
pjdoug Wrote:Whitley was learning a new offense last year and Woods was not running for his life.He was putting pressure on defenses and a lot of his runs were by design. They wouldn't have had much offense without him.

pjdoug did you Whitley guys and girls not see the overall record of the 4 wins you got last year? Say what you will and I do like to stir the Whitley faithful up, but what makes you guys think that Whitley is going to be much better this year given the losses?
If you all would schedule McCreary Central a home and home next year you could get at least two wins......
Lilly Wrote:If you all would schedule McCreary Central a home and home next year you could get at least two wins......

:zzz:
pjdoug you never responded to what makes you think Whitley will be better this year than last. Thats a good question for the Whitley faithful. Maybe I can be persuaded.
I thought Whitley was pretty good offensively this past season. I expect that growht to continue. The defense was not as productive, and this is the area they will have to grow this upcoming season. I disagree with football fever about 1 game though.

I see it
Favored wins-3
Toss ups-5

My prediction-6-4 with a home playoff game
Very easily could get to 7 or 8 wins depending how the D develops this season.
  •  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next